• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

what kind of movie themes do you wish to see more?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
After seeing The Crow for the first time last night, I can say I want more gothic style themed action movies.

Also would like to see more Space thrillers like Event Horizon and such.

Also I wanna see more Cold War style espionage spy movies, the James Bond movies are good, but I wanna see more different takes. The Mission Impossible franchise is awesome, but I want more spy movies!

My favorite theme is already being made in spades thanks to people like Justin Lin and James Wan with all the insane stunts, oneliners and bikini clad ladies and now Vin Diesel is coming back to xXx riding a f**king MX bike underwater through waves!!!
What more can they think of? Maybe a Monster Truck on the moon? Please let that happen!!!

Also I really really wanna see more Heavy Metal themed movies, Mad Max Fury Road was just utter perfection and I wanna see the Heavy Metal style done more in this day & age.
There's a remake of The Crow that's been struggling to get off the ground. I hope it happens though as I'd like to see a Crow movie that actually follows the comic series more closely. Sure, the one with Brandon Lee was great, but it drifts very much from the source material. Not to mention all sequels following it were utter garbage. We could use another good Crow movie.

And I'm surprised xXx is getting another one because I didn't think there was a following for it, yet alone one that clamored for the significance of the return of Vin Diesel's character I couldn't even remember the name of. Hell, that's kind of a testament to the film itself, it doesn't really stand out among action movies.

And James Wan is primarily a horror director, and he should stick to that because its what he's good at. He's pretty much one of the better modern horror directors, especially in the mainstream.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I would actually love to see more films like 13 Assassins and Roaring Currents. I'm a bit of a fan of Japanese/Korean/Chinese films and I love all the culture and history. I even don't have a problem with dealing with subtitles
13 Assasins was a great example of a film genre in Japan called "chanbara" (or "sword cinema") that is still very much alive and popular in the country today. The actors and feats of swordsmanship pulled off in those kind of films are legendary, influenced profoundly by real-life legends like Hattori Hanzo and Yagyu Jubei. Manga like Rurouni Kenshin and Vagabond literally owe their existence to the popularity of that genre.

It's just a shame that 99% of the time that Hollywood attempts that kind of movie, we get utter embarassments like Warrior's Way and 47 Ronin.

(can't stand dubbed movies).
In most cases, I agree, but I don't think a human being alive can suppress the urge to watch Godzilla movies undubbed, especially the ones made in the 90's. That kind of dub is so spectacularly-bad, it must be witnessed and preserved for all time.

oh nice, i'm not following japanese movies anymore, any suggestions? like any suggestions.
-The Samurai Trilogy starring Mifune Toshiro is a bonafide classic about Miyamoto Musashi, the man who immortalized the wandering ronin trope in pop culture
-Kagemusha by Akira Kurosawa, which features one of the most iconic large-scale samurai battles ever put to screen
-The 1994 Adaptation of 47 Ronin (WAAAAAY better than the Keanu Reeves version)
-Makai Tensho, an 80's samurai movie where famous historical figures like Oda Nobunaga, Yagyu Jubei, and Miyamoto Musashi confront each other (considered the live-action inspiration for Ninja Scroll)
-Ran, Akira Kurosawa's Japanese reindition of Shakespeare's "King Lear"
-2003's Zatoichi, a fantastic modern revival of the eternally-badass Blind Swordsman
-Love and Honor, one of the most acclaimed samurai dramas of the 21st Century
-The Last Samurai, the lone exception to Western filmmakers' incompetence at chanbara and by far Tom Cruise's best movie (in my humble opinion)

Well, that's enough weebing for one day.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
-The Samurai Trilogy starring Mifune Toshiro is a bonafide classic about Miyamoto Musashi, the man who immortalized the wandering ronin trope in pop culture
-Kagemusha by Akira Kurosawa, which features one of the most iconic large-scale samurai battles ever put to screen
-Makai Tensho, an 80's samurai movie where famous historical figures like Oda Nobunaga, Yagyu Jubei, and Miyamoto Musashi confront each other (considered the live-action inspiration for Ninja Scroll)
-2003's Zatoichi, a fantastic modern revival of the eternally-badass Blind Swordsman
-The Last Samurai, the lone exception to Western filmmakers' incompetence at chanbara and by far Tom Cruise's best movie (in my humble opinion)

Well, that's enough weebing for one day.
I'd add the Rurouni Kenshin live action movie trilogy to that list as well. You don't even have to be an anime fan to appreciate those immensely fun samurai action movies. But it is probably one of the only truly great live action anime adaptions from Japan.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted

are those all swordsman movie? any suggestion for something like casshern or the returner? and i agree, the last samurai was tom cruise's best, he's not playing as himself there..

I'd add the Rurouni Kenshin live action movie trilogy to that list as well. You don't even have to be an anime fan to appreciate those immensely fun samurai action movies. But it is probably one of the only truly great live action anime adaptions from Japan.

yeah, it's on another level of live action adaptation, and the sword fight was cool.. didn't expect the lead could pull it off but he managed..

WolfOD64

are those all swordsman movie? any suggestion for something like casshern or the returner? and i agree, the last samurai was tom cruise's best, he's not playing as himself there..
Zatoichi is the only one I'd consider to be 100% a martial arts movie. The others are either epics or dramas that feature the occasional sword duel, or in Ran and Kagemusha's case, hulking battles between rivaling armies.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I liked The Last Samurai, but I don't think that was one of his better performances or best movie. Probably one of my favorite performances of Tom had to be in Collateral with Jamie Foxx as the creepy hitman Vincent. Also Jerry Maguire is fun, and he even is kind of stand out in Eyes Wide Shut.

I also have to note his character in Tropic Thunder. Freaking hilarious and I could hardly recognize him.

Even though the dude is kinda wacko in real life, there's no denying he's a talented actor. He can turn in some good work.

WolfOD64

Even though the dude is kinda wacko in real life, there's no denying he's a talented actor. He can turn in some good work.
He also does a lot of crazy sh!t in real life for the Mission Impossible movies. Like scaling the Burj Khalifa or hanging on the side of a goddamn plane.

And yet somehow, being able to sing and to do it well in Rock of Ages is still infinitely more surprising and world-defying than any of those things.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
I liked The Last Samurai, but I don't think that was one of his better performances or best movie. Probably one of my favorite performances of Tom had to be in Collateral with Jamie Foxx as the creepy hitman Vincent. Also Jerry Maguire is fun, and he even is kind of stand out in Eyes Wide Shut.

I also have to note his character in Tropic Thunder. Freaking hilarious and I could hardly recognize him.

tropic thunder being an exception too, but most other movies i see him playing himself, even collateral, i dunno, his image is too big for me to recognize him as the character he's playing.. there are many great actors like this too for me..

guy's an eccentric, it's a uh, unique quality, and i won't deny his talents.. and another one of his best movie for me was far and way, one beautiful movie

He also does a lot of crazy sh!t in real life for the Mission Impossible movies. Like scaling the Burj Khalifa or hanging on the side of a goddamn plane.

And yet somehow, being able to sing and to do it well in Rock of Ages is still infinitely more surprising and world-defying than any of those things.

yeah, he likes doing his own stunts

Top Bottom