• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is your saddest moment in a video game?

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
First of all: I apologize if a thread like this has been made, or if this type of thread is not acceptable. Please let me know if so. Thanks.

Now. My question is, what game had a sad moment that just pulled your heartstrings? Whether it is an older game or something that came out in the past few years, please post your saddest moment in a game you have played.

Mine is a scene from the game Lost Odyssey on the Xbox360. This game had my eyes swelling pretty much throughout the whole game. The link to the scene is in the youtube link below.

A warning incase there are those who have not made it that far in Lost Odyssey or want to figure things out for themselves, do not watch. This video does contain spoilers. Otherwise enjoy and try not to cry if it seems sad to you. :>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vczaVmg6uyw

Meg

getting the platinum trophy for inFAMOUS was kinda sad. i was really happy to get it, but it was sad cause its such a great game, but there is nothing else to do in it.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Ahh, this sorta thing's fine, quite like discussing this anyway.

Only two moments in video games have brought me close to tears, they are as follows.

Half-Life 2: Episode 2.
Last scene of the game, where Eli Vance is killed by the Advisors, that moment is the closest I've ever come to tears in a game, just the whole dialogue between Alyx and Eli, their final words between each other, and the fact that Alyx is forced to watch her own father, brutally killed infront of her eyes, sad, sad moment.

Crisis Core. (This shouldn't constitute a spoiler, because everyone who's played FF7 already knows this, but if I don't, someone will complain.)
Again, final scene, Zack killed by the legion of soldiers, even though I knew it was going to happen, playing through that scene was rough, you just fight and fight through what had to be hundreds of Shinra guards, having your health slowly chipped away by gunfire, then the ending cutscene kicks in, it all becomes too much, they open full fire and he just drops to his knees and dies, he literally never stopped fighting.

Keaton

Premium
^I'm with Mr. Credo on the Crisis Core moment, but damn...that so doesn't make sense. Seriously, I took down Minerva...and could do the zillion-enemy mash with absolute ease....how he was taken down by mere **grrrr

Ahem, back on topic (nice one too btw VI).

Otherwise I found Force Unleashed endings to be pretty sad, but due to the *messed up* story that Star Wars had, their one coolest character next to Qui Gon Jinn had to be killed. ¬_¬

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
three saddest scenes ever played...

God of War: Chains of Olympus: Kratos has to push Calliope away from him

Gears of War 2: Dom finds Maria only to find that she is braindead....he has to shoot her...

Shadow of the Colossus: I cried twice, the first time when Argo fell off the cliff and died....the second time when Argo came back at the end of the game to help raise Wander...

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Perhaps i was on a downer at the time, but in Fable 2 when you choose either to sacrifice yourself, revive your family or the evil choice, and i chose the second. With the second choice, you receive a letter from your dead sister, who says that she is being looked after by a king, and will be waiting for your character until they die. And are reunited.

It made me sad because i lost someone close to me earlier this year, and it made me think of them.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
The light scene from DMC1 is definitely worthy of recognition, it sent such a chill down my spine hearing Dante's grief striken voice cry out and travel around the whole room. (maybe im the only one who did and still takes it seriously)

But after waiting obsessing over MGS4 for years I prepared myself to be bombarded with sad scenes and decided to just let it take me and by the time I was finished with it I was a teary wreck. After a point near the end I actually needed to turn my PS3 off to recompose myself because too many sad things were happening :lol: no joke. I wanted it to be worth the wait so I didn't hold anything back it was awesome.
By far the most I have ever cried at a game, especially this bit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHnFjcL58ZY

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Ok...adding on to wat i said about Shadow of the Colossus.....EVERY time u kill a colossus, it's sad to watch them fall....also...it was sad when Sgt. Johnson died in Halo 3....he was my favorite character

Keaton

Premium
I'll add a few more while I'm at it...including the obvious...

Aeriths Death FFVII -- probably the most famous video-game moment in many a players eyes, this was a really really sad :(

Dante leaving Vergil Behind in DMC III ("Are you crying?" "Its raining" - bit) -- after such an action packed game this moment really provided some much needed balance. It was touching, and just enough to give the story its needed depth.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
GamblingGambitCloud;187401 said:
i don't remember that part....but dante watching vergil plunge into hell was sad as well

I didn't forget btw... i just did'nt want the embarrassment of saying that i shed a tear.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
well...i mean the guy is watching his brother die...and when he sees the realization of," oh crap, he wasn't really my enemy and i really love him and i wish we didn't fight all this time", you can't help BUT shed a tear

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Yea... also when Dante tells Vergil something like i'll stop you even if that means killing you... and reading the look on Dante's face saying that he doesn't want to kill his brother.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
it was sad when kyrie hugged nero and they had that whole exchange at the end of dmc4....i was so happy but at the same time, i felt bad that nero had to do so much to show how he felt

Top Bottom