• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is Gilver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
So you two can't even get your facts straight on just what exactly Kamiya said. Either he said "fan opinion doesn't matter at all" or he recognizes that the story is heavily flawed in terms of continuity (I guess this makes him no longer Japanese) and is content letting fans settle it and gives them all validity in a Death of the Author way.

I don't think you are following. He said this is basically is how the companies see it and therefore it is settled as far as we (the companies) are concerned but due to the lack or consistency it should be understood that it should be open for discussion and up to us to believe what we want just as we do haha. This has gone on too long. Officially concerned, they say one thing and it is set in stone in their series. The other hand none of it makes sense so why bother. Yet we are still bothering, see what they did there ^^

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Which is "This is the canon, you can choose to accept it for yourself, but it's still the offical canon by the company".
Which is also the same lazy method Ninetndo uses for not actually trying to fix stuff like the retarded broken timeline of the Zelda series...

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Which is "This is the canon, you can choose to accept it for yourself, but it's still the offical canon by the company".
Or you can do the fun thing and take the company established cannon, and even if it's in bits and maybe doesn't make sense anymore, you can use your imagination to make it make sense. ^_^ That's what fanfiction is for, right.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Or you can do the fun thing and take the company established cannon, and even if it's in bits and maybe doesn't make sense anymore, you can use your imagination to make it make sense. ^_^ That's what fanfiction is for, right.
Yeah, but that's fanfic, I'm talking about the official company canon and what it involves...god i knows I've done enough DMC fic of my one...especially the one I've been cooking up, but that's not the point of this topic.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well you could have Vergil go by that alias again but it wouldn't really fit where his character in post DmC since he's not interested in hiding who he is anymore.

You could have it as an alias Vergil used while he was growing up. Bonus points if it is his last name is Gilver and his first name is Paul(reference to when it was a RE game and his name was Paul)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom