• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What happened to us?

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
The death threat fan-- fans? :/ As far as I know, there was only ever 1 video made, and that wasn't exactly a death threat, it was more like 'DmC needs to die'. It didn't mention any people, just NT in general and the game.

And this is why the generalization needs to stop here and now!

IncarnatedDemon

As i have said so many times, the number of people that potentially send death threats were not even remotely close to 1%, even if you assume 30 people sent death threats from a total amount of 200K fans.
And i am really starting to think they didn't even receive a death threat.

Just hateful stuff that said "F Dmc" or "Hope NT goes down".

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
As i have said so many times, the number of people that potentially send death threats were not even remotely close to 1%, even if you assume 30 people sent death threats from a total amount of 200K fans.
And i am really starting to think they didn't even receive a death threat.

Just hateful stuff that said "F Dmc" or "Hope NT goes down".
I really don't think there were any death threats at all. I hope no one is that dumb or deranged to do that kind of thing over a game. It gives game fans a really bad image.

All this DmC and death threats reminds me of that promotional stuff they did for the Dante's Inferno game. They paid people to stage a fake religious protest about the game to get publicity. But it blew up in their faces pretty quickly and they had to come clean that it was paid for by the game makers.

IncarnatedDemon

I really don't think there were any death threats at all. I hope no one is that dumb or deranged to do that kind of thing over a game. It gives game fans a really bad image.

All this DmC and death threats reminds me of that promotional stuff they did for the Dante's Inferno game. They paid people to stage a fake religious protest about the game to get publicity. But it blew up in their faces pretty quickly and they had to come clean that it was paid for by the game makers.
I've heard from people NT received disturbing comments on twitter and other places, but i think there is a clear difference between something being sent to a particular person or group (to their home or place of work).
When you receive something like "I will beat you up" and its sent to you, then its serious.

But if your sent a letter saying "Fk Dmc i hope your company bombs!", then thats...just someone who doesnt like you.

But to my understanding the death threats that Tameem spoke of, sounded more like anti reboot material. Even in the comment Tameem said "We received death threats in form of ANTI-dmc metal songs".
I mean how can a anti-something be a death threat?

He prolly received this song:

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I've heard from people NT received disturbing comments on twitter and other places, but i think there is a clear difference between something being sent to a particular person or group (to their home or place of work).
When you receive something like "I will beat you up" and its sent to you, then its serious.

But if your sent a letter saying "Fk Dmc i hope your company bombs!", then thats...just someone who doesnt like you.

But to my understanding the death threats that Tameem spoke of, sounded more like anti reboot material. Even in the comment Tameem said "We received death threats in form of ANTI-dmc metal songs".
I mean how can a anti-something be a death threat?

He prolly received this song:
That's the song I was on about. It's not like it's saying 'Tameem, go die in a fire' or something like that. It's just a song expressing displeasure with the game.

I think the whole death threats thing was just blown out of proportion. Yes, there were angry comments on twitter and such as you say, but I didn't see any actual threats of bombing NT HQ or any death threats meantioning members of Capcom or NT by name. I saw a few telling new Dante to go die, but I don't think threats against a fictional character count.:p Most of the comments I saw were complaints either aimed directly at the game or at the companies for making lousy choices. None of them were actual death threats.

berto

I Saw the Devil
they're best bet is to continue DmC.
How'd you figure? DmC didn't sell well, with the financial grave they dug themselves in they provably won't go with something that is such a gamble. DMC is provably the safer bet. DmC sold new IP figures, not established franchise numbers, DMC might do better.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
How'd you figure? DmC didn't sell well, with the financial grave they dug themselves in they provably won't go with something that is such a gamble. DMC is provably the safer bet. DmC sold new IP figures, not established franchise numbers, DMC might do better.

Capcom also said that they would see where the reboot goes and then decide. But this doesn't change the fact that Capcom expected a backlash and still decided to reboot the series. It's quite obvious that DmC didn't meet Capcom's sales expectations, but however safer bet DMC might be, I still don't think Capcom will go back to previous series. If they wanted to play safe, they wouldn't have had DMC westernized. Just my two cents.

On topic, NOTHING HAPPENED TO US. We're just the way we are. DmC drastically strafes away from the previous games to cater to new audience and it's quite natural to have a divided fanbase, and hence, this whole DmC vs DMC stuff. Of course, that's not to say that none of the fans of the old series like DmC. There're people who enjoy the best of both worlds. This case is similar to the case of introduction of Nero but on a high profile.

MigsRZXAStylish

Capcom also said that they would see where the reboot goes and then decide. But this doesn't change the fact that Capcom expected a backlash and still decided to reboot the series. It's quite obvious that DmC didn't meet Capcom's sales expectations, but however safer bet DMC might be, I still don't think Capcom will go back to previous series. If they wanted to play safe, they wouldn't have had DMC westernized. Just my two cents.
Well, that's Capcom for you... Maybe if Keiji Inafune didn't run his mouth saying "Westernization needed" which might be his reason for leaving Capcom (I really respect the guy, mind you), then non of this BS wouldn't be happening...
On topic, NOTHING HAPPENED TO US. We're just the way we are. DmC drastically strafes away from the previous games to cater to new audience and it's quite natural to have a divided fanbase, and hence, this whole DmC vs DMC stuff. Of course, that's not to say that none of the fans of the old series like DmC. There're people who enjoy the best of both worlds. This case is similar to the case of introduction of Nero but on a high profile.

Not going to reply on this one except what I've underlined here.

Because I am one of those people who enjoy the best of both worlds! I am still in the "sacred sanctuary where there are fans of both DMC and DmC" (I don't call this the "middle ground" anymore)! :D

Meg

Please keep in mind that a lot of the people who were posting a few years ago aren't here at all anymore, or posting a lot less. Meanwhile, a lot of new people have since joined up. When looking at how a group changed over time, it's vital to look at the membership.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I love and prefer the original DMC but i also quite like the reboot it wnt replace DMC in my heart but that won't stop me from enjoying it when i play it. I play between all 5 games a lot

MigsRZXAStylish

I love and prefer the original DMC but i also quite like the reboot it wnt replace DMC in my heart but that won't stop me from enjoying it when i play it. I play between all 5 games a lot

This I have to agree.

But I would like it if Kamiya-san would be the one reviving it. I kinda liked his interpretation of Dante the best (DMC1 Dante) in terms of personality (which is balanced) and goals. In my thread on what DMC should have been if it was still under him, then it would've been something similar to Castlevania - a more stylish, over-the-top, action-packed, intense, less somber version of it in fact.

Top Bottom