• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What happened to us?

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Respectfully, I have to say that I think people need to stop being so sensitive about everything, too. DmC is not 'your game', so if somebody criticizes it (and/or the developers' behavior about it) you should be able to take that instead of saying ''yeah, I'm just not a DmC fan for liking DMC, therefore my opinion is invalid. I'm stuck in the past.'' (Almost) nobody on the forum is still saying you're not a Devil May Cry fan if you support DmC. Nobody here is 'hating on you' for liking DmC. I think it's by no means a great game, and I and many others have explained that in multiple threads by use of cogent arguments, but that's not always appreciated, apparently. It seems that nowadays, you either like the games you're given or you're effed. ''If you don't like it, then don't play it. Don't like it, don't comment''. This sort of uncaring view is exactly what's ruining some games. Maybe a stronger outcry would've stopped Capcom from making RE5 or RE6 and staying true to RE's roots, or simply doing something new, ending the RE series.

As soon as some people have roughly the same opinion, they're suddenly said to 'parrot' each other. However, the person accusing them of that ignores the fact that he's sounding a lot like other members as well. The point is, don't make everyone 'your enemy', and stop assuming everyone is like the worst part of the fanbase. The world is not solely made of extremes; it's not black and white like a yin-yang Taijitu symbol. That said, don't just accept total nonsense, either. Anyway, we're all adults here, so if you can't stand somebody, just ignore them. There is a button for it, after all, though you still get the notification that the person you blocked replied, which is annoying enough.

Outside here, I get accusations for liking DmC, such as the following:
"Sheep"
"Blind fool"
"NT Bootlicker"
"You wasted your precious money on garbage and its bull$#!+ DLC"
"Tameem's pet"
I had about enough of these labels! :mad:

The "If you don't like it, then don't play it. Don't like it may be uncaring for some like you, but its somewhat a smart way for some people like me. You don't see me bitch on some things I don't like... Getting labelled badly could cause some uncaring behavior such as to the point of saying that quote. It might be a psychological impact too.

Yeah, I get annoying alerts whenever the people I ignore reply! :(

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Outside here, I get accusations for liking DmC, such as the following:
"Sheep"
"Blind fool"
"NT Bootlicker"
"You wasted your precious money on garbage and its bull$#!+ DLC"
"Tameem's pet"
I had about enough of these labels! :mad:

I know, that's why people shouldn't bitch. Like I said, they should come up with arguments instead of starting an argument, if you know what I mean. I've seen it happen many times that people obviously wanted to start an argument by appealing to others' emotions and trying to purposefully flame. If one is offended by people's dislike towards DmC, that's not their problem (unless they're being assholy about it). This goes for DmC, DMC, as well as every single game out there.

DMCGamer1989

I know, that's why people shouldn't bitch. Like I said, they should come up with arguments instead of starting an argument, if you know what I mean. I've seen it happen many times that people obviously wanted to start an argument by appealing to others' emotions and trying to purposefully flame. If one is offended by people's dislike towards DmC, that's not their problem (unless they're being assholy about it). This goes for DmC, DMC, as well as every single game out there.

I've seen it as well. People sometimes don't give any reason other than "lol weaboo anime fan stop liking DMC" or the many slurs that Migz just pointed out. Just now we have a veiled hate thread for DMC4.

MigsRZXAStylish

I've seen it as well. People sometimes don't give any reason other than "lol weaboo anime fan stop liking DMC" or the many slurs that Migz just pointed out. Just now we have a veiled hate thread for DMC4.

Honestly, I had enough of being a stereotype and being stereotyped. Who's with me on this one?
I am who I am. I don't need a label. Labels are for things, not people! We define ourselves.

And Lionheart, for someone disliking DmC, you really understand where I am coming from. For that, I thank you from the bottom of my heart and I shall add you to my watch! :cool:

DMCGamer1989

Honestly, I had enough of being a stereotype and being stereotyped. Who's with me on this one?
I am who I am. I don't need a label. Labels are for things, not people! We define ourselves.

And Lionheart, for someone disliking DmC, you really understand where I am coming from. For that, I thank you from the bottom of my heart and I shall add you to my watch! :cool:

I agree to this one. In the end, we just like the games, nothing about our personalities.

MigsRZXAStylish

I agree to this one. In the end, we just like the games, nothing about our personalities.

In the end, we are all satisfied. And you are set free!

Only Dante's scenario in DMC4 made it interesting, but not enough for his campaign mode is shorter than Nero's and he had to retread his path...

DMCGamer1989

In the end, we are all satisfied. And you are set free!

Only Dante's scenario in DMC4 made it interesting, but not enough for his campaign mode is shorter than Nero's and he had to retread his path...

True that. Oh, and what we talked about regarding Kamiya's vision all points to one thing. Kamiya was a huge Castlevania fan and he wanted to use the same method as the Belmont Clan.

MigsRZXAStylish

True that. Oh, and what we talked about regarding Kamiya's vision all points to one thing. Kamiya was a huge Castlevania fan and he wanted to use the same method as the Belmont Clan.

Well, it's no wonder DMC1 took place in a castle! :D
If it would be like Castlevania, then Mundus would've been the primary antagonist for the entire (if not all games) DMC series!

If that is the case, then Dante would basically say to Mundus as his last words to him: "The Kinsmen of Sparda will hunt you and your kind down!"
It's parallel to what Leon Belmont would say to Death as a message to his former friend Mathias Cronqvist AKA Dracula:
"The Belmont Clan will hunt the night!"

DMCGamer1989

Well, it's no wonder DMC1 took place in a castle! :D
If it would be like Castlevania, then Mundus would've been the primary antagonist for the entire (if not all games) DMC series!

If that is the case, then Dante would basically say to Mundus as his last words to him: "The Kinsmen of Sparda will hunt you and your kind down!"
It's parallel to what Leon Belmont would say to Death as a message to his former friend Mathias Cronqvist AKA Dracula:
"The Belmont Clan will hunt the night!"

Yes, exactly, and the fact that Sparda and Mundus started out as friends/allies and were well known adds all the more similarities.

There's a strong emphasis on the Sparda Bloodline. a half breed that identifies with his mother's compassion like Alucard and the resolve to dedicate your bloodline for the sake of mankind. I think if the series returns to Kamiya, he should reboot it in this fashion.

MigsRZXAStylish

I can see the similarities between Kamiya's AKA Original Devil May Cry and Castlevania series already from what you're saying.
Sparda and Mundus were allies, until Sparda betrayed him for humankind as he took pity on them for their hardships and raised his blade against Mundus.
Leon and Mathias were the closest of friends (Leon was once a noble baron and Mathias was the strategist in the military they once joined together), but Mathias wanted vengeance against God for "taking away" his wife Elizabetha as he sought the vampire's power through alchemy, but he ended up being one and became Dracula!
I remember playing Lament of Innocence in the PS2. It showed how Mathias became Dracula and Leon became the starter of the Belmont clan.

Yeah! DMC should have been the more over-the-top and stylish version of Castlevania. Force Edge AKA Sword of Sparda would have the role similar to the Vampire Killer, the iconic whip used by the Belmont clan for generations which is the only weapon capable to slay Dracula! But the Kinsmen of Sparda developed their own firearms, probably to set themselves apart from Dante.

I think Dante is also similar to Alucard as well! :D
I have learned something new about what DMC should have been from you! :D

But we need to keep that in another thread...!

DMCGamer1989

I can see the similarities between Kamiya's AKA Original Devil May Cry and Castlevania series already from what you're saying.
Sparda and Mundus were allies, until Sparda betrayed him for humankind as he took pity on them for their hardships and raised his blade against Mundus.
Leon and Mathias were the closest of friends (Leon was once a noble baron and Mathias was the strategist in the military they once joined together), but Mathias wanted vengeance against God for "taking away" his wife Elizabetha as he sought the vampire's power through alchemy, but he ended up being one and became Dracula!
I remember playing Lament of Innocence in the PS2. It showed how Mathias became Dracula and Leon became the starter of the Belmont clan.

Yeah! DMC should have been the more over-the-top and stylish version of Castlevania. Force Edge AKA Sword of Sparda would have the role similar to the Vampire Killer, the iconic whip used by the Belmont clan for generations which is the only weapon capable to slay Dracula! But the Kinsmen of Sparda developed their own firearms, probably to set themselves apart from Dante.

I think Dante is also similar to Alucard as well! :D
I have learned something new about what DMC should have been from you! :D

But we need to keep that in another thread...!

And then Alucard telling Dracula that he was doomed ever since he lost the ability to love mirrirs Dante's views on why humans can hold their own against demons despite the overwhelming odds. I loved Lament of Innocence!

I agree, Castlevania with a cool demon theme and a less somber tone. A bloodline from hell that keeps the peace for humanity would have been great!

Glad we're on the same page.
I'm sure you have your own awesome take on it!

Yeah, we should start a new thread.

DMCGamer1989

Pardon me,but isn't 2012 a little old for considering it "just now" ?

My bad, I'm sory if you thought I was talking about your thread. Never once did you use the word "hate: and the main focus of your thread was DmC's role in the franchise. I apologise if I offended you in any way.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Actually I think the way DMC was handled since 4 by the developers and the press fuelled this division as well.

It doesn't help that developer maintains silence on some things, and introduces wild changes and new characters in 4 without cue or explanation. That divided the fanbase at that point too. I remember the polarized attitudes when Nero came into existence and how passionate some people just were about it. Maybe the DMC fanbase in general is a small but passionate one.

It doesn't help that the 'controversy' generated by saying the old DMC Dante was uncool (and by association if you liked old Dante you could be labelled also, this probably by some fans took it personally) was ridden like a wave instead of being defused by the developers. On official boards people who criticised the new incarnation early on (and sometimes in only MILD ways) were silenced, and later 'haters' were actually blamed for poor sales by lame journalists.

This whole thing was like a fire people kept putting fuel to, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was done just to raise visibility and keep this thing a hot topic for 2 years.

Otherwise, it's just people being anal, or they have defective personalities or something. I've got an opinion on DMC and DmC, but I'm not an ass about it, unlike some people.

DMCGamer1989

Actually I think the way DMC was handled since 4 by the developers and the press fuelled this division as well.

It doesn't help that developer maintains silence on some things, and introduces wild changes and new characters in 4 without cue or explanation. That divided the fanbase at that point too. I remember the polarized attitudes when Nero came into existence and how passionate some people just were about it. Maybe the DMC fanbase in general is a small but passionate one.

It doesn't help that the 'controversy' generated by saying the old DMC Dante was uncool (and by association if you liked old Dante you could be labelled also, this probably by some fans took it personally) was ridden like a wave instead of being defused by the developers. On official boards people who criticised the new incarnation early on (and sometimes in only MILD ways) were silenced, and later 'haters' were actually blamed for poor sales by lame journalists.

This whole thing was like a fire people kept putting fuel to, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was done just to raise visibility and keep this thing a hot topic for 2 years.

Otherwise, it's just people being anal, or they have defective personalities or something. I've got an opinion on DMC and DmC, but I'm not an ass about it, unlike some people.

^ I could swear sometimes that capcom was using hatred to market the reboot.

During one interview, it was stated that the backlash was intentional. Capcom, when it comes to business always tries to look good on paper instead of listening to their fans, or learning from others.

IncarnatedDemon

I don't mean that. But like i felt they intentionally made comments like "We won fans over" to agitate people.
And i even saw a capcom employee egging people on to dislike a dmc video.

Top Bottom