• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What happened to us?

IncarnatedDemon

I see, and the more people hate, the more people become exposed. I was wondering if they're trying the "New Coke" strategy?
I don't know, but from a psychological perspective, hatred is a way to alter behaviour.

Altering behaviour to make people shout. And when alot of people express their hate, the gaming industry¨s clowns capture this and start talking about "Why fanboys need to shut up".
And so a wheel of hatred goes on, that spreads to many corners of Gaming industry.

DMCGamer1989

I don't know, but from a psychological perspective, hatred is a way to alter behaviour.

Altering behaviour to make people shout. And when alot of people express their hate, the gaming industry¨s clowns capture this and start talking about "Why fanboys need to shut up".
And so a wheel of hatred goes on, that spreads to many corners of Gaming industry.

I see that now, so if what I'm getting from this is correct, they wanted a more subservient fanbase and if their experiment with the series fails, they can pin it on the fans.

IncarnatedDemon

I see that now, so if what I'm getting from this is correct, they wanted a more subservient fanbase and if their experiment with the series fails, they can pin it on the fans.
I meant that they wanted fans to be angry and express their hatred. By doing so it would market the reboot.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Actually I think the way DMC was handled since 4 by the developers and the press fuelled this division as well.

It doesn't help that developer maintains silence on some things, and introduces wild changes and new characters in 4 without cue or explanation. That divided the fanbase at that point too. I remember the polarized attitudes when Nero came into existence and how passionate some people just were about it. Maybe the DMC fanbase in general is a small but passionate one.

It doesn't help that the 'controversy' generated by saying the old DMC Dante was uncool (and by association if you liked old Dante you could be labelled also, this probably by some fans took it personally) was ridden like a wave instead of being defused by the developers. On official boards people who criticised the new incarnation early on (and sometimes in only MILD ways) were silenced, and later 'haters' were actually blamed for poor sales by lame journalists.

This whole thing was like a fire people kept putting fuel to, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was done just to raise visibility and keep this thing a hot topic for 2 years.

Otherwise, it's just people being anal, or they have defective personalities or something. I've got an opinion on DMC and DmC, but I'm not an ass about it, unlike some people.
Made a good point here. DMC4 might have divided the fanbase as well... I knew it!

I just hope your opinion on both DMC and DmC is said in a respectful manner where it is tolerable, unlike some people.

DMCGamer1989

Made a good point here. DMC4 might have divided the fanbase as well... I knew it!

I just hope your opinion on both DMC and DmC is said in a respectful manner where it is tolerable, unlike some people.

Many of the tropes used in DMC4 were made with female gamers in mind, especially Nero's personality and the "just kinda there" romance subplot.

IncarnatedDemon

Interesting. That infamy will ensure a place for the franchise in gaming history.
Til this day noone from fanbase has seen the death threats that Tameem described.
"Death threats in form of anti Dmc comics and metal songs".

But you know how many sites reported on the death threats? Over 30+.
It makes people who read those articles think "I wonder how the game is, if people are sending death threats".

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
"humanity's been trying to destroy eachother since day one"
- the comedian

This would satisfy some nihilists, particularly the existential nihilists in which they believe the entire human race are nothing but insignificant beings...

berto

I Saw the Devil
Guys, what happenned, for a while we all talked about how much we loved the series and our respective incarnations of it, but now some of us do nothing but complain about it and talk about how much we hate DMC or DmC. Have we become so hostile and hopeless that almost every week we see a "Dante vs Dante" or "my opinion beats your opinion".

Now I feel that because we have nothing worth talking about, we do nothing but nit pick, which is sad because we used to talk about so much more.

It was Capcom. Capcom knew that they had little money left and they decided, with their dying breath, to curse us by cleverly pitting us against each other. Now, for their final act of sabotage, they will make, yet, another reboot that will appeal to nether faction and add more napalm to the explosions.

ninjaa93

Something like this will always happen when you bring a reboot in.

It tends to ALWAYS split the fanbase down the middle.

There is no "one side is more right then the other" whether it be DmC fans or DMC fans since I have run into plenty of butthurt DmC fans of the reboot who attack anyone who says anything negative towards the reboot even if they are respectable and just giving their honest opinion.

They feel the need to defend this game at all cost and see any kind of less than positive opinions about DmC as a threat and just do not have the common sense to tell the difference from someone who is giving their opinion respectably and someone who is aiming rile them up with hate for DmC. I know since I have been on the receiving end of their fan butthurt lol.

And I have seen fans of the original series butthurt over the change and taking a **** on the DmC reboot at all turns and their fans and thus turn a DmC thread into chaos.

This is just something to expect when a reboot comes about, you can't fight it since there will always be those hostile butthurt fans who take things far to seriously.
It really shouldn't be "Sides " this is a DevilMayCry fan site and despite being a reboot DmC is apart of the ip also despite what alot of you are saying the comments still seem to slit them apart as to diffent properties. i dont see this with mortal kombat or tomb raider... idk maybe cuz they worked better, even if they didnt fans would just say i didnt like mk 9 as much 2 not im a mortal kombat fan not mortal kombat(9) fan. its one thing disliking or favoring a an particular piece of a franchise but another when fans act as if the need to create a total different fanbase.

btw this is not directed to you i just sathe comments here and wanted to reply.

ninjaa93

It was Capcom. Capcom knew that they had little money left and they decided, with their dying breath, to curse us by cleverly pitting us against each other. Now, for their final act of sabotage, they will make, yet, another reboot that will appeal to nether faction and add more napalm to the explosions.

they're best bet is to continue DmC but make it appeal more.not just for fans but the gaming world today because in my opinion DmC was good enough for fans but made no cultural or gaming impact.in the the gaming world it felt passed over for bigger title no one took as serious as all of us made it, if it was the hack n slash version of the last of us or bioshock infinite to the gaming world we would still have something to discuss.

Top Bottom