• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What game music do you think is good?

aka958

Don't trust people
I was listening to some music from Doom when i was searching for some scary sounds (some are creepy) and then i remembered how good the game music was, fitting to the terrain and enviroment. The game is really awesome and i think that the music has a lot to do with it.

I wonder if you have played any good games with good music while your playing and feel that the music makes the game better.

Have you?

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
There are a lot of games which has awesome game music. There are too many game soundtracks that I like, but my favourites are:

The names or numbers that I put in brackets are the number of game, e.g Metal Gear Solid (2) means the Metal Gear Solid 2 Soundtrack.

Metal Gear Solid soundtracks (1,2,3,4,and Portable Ops).

Final Fantasy soundtracks (VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,Crisis Core, and Dirge of Cerberus.

Kingdom Hearts Soundtracks. (I,II and Re: Chain of Memories)

Onimusha Soundtracks. (1,2,3,4)

Brave Fencer Musashi and Samurai Legend Musashi soundtracks.

Chrono Cross soundtrack.

Chaos Legion soundtrack.

Prince of Persia soundtracks. (Sands of Time, Warrior Within, The Two Thrones and 2008 version)

Assassin's Creed soundtracks.

Persona soundtracks (Eternal Punishment, Innocent Sin,3, 3 Fes, 4 and PSP remake)

Devil Summoner soundtracks (Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army, Raidou Kuzonoha vs. King Abaddon, and Soul Hackers)

Digital Devil Saga soundtracks (1 and 2)

Shin Megami Tensei soundtracks (Nocturne and Nocturne Maniax)

Devil May Cry soundtracks (1,2,3,4)

Star Ocean soundtracks (The Second Story,Till The End of Time, and The Last Hope)

Yakuza soundtracks (1,2,3 and Kenzan)

God of War soundtraks (1 and 2)

Megaman X Soundtracks (4,5,6,7,8 and Command Mission)

Zone of the Enders soundtrack (1 and The 2nd Runner)

Castlevania Soundtracks (Symphony of the Night, Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness)

Parasite Eve soundtracks (1 and 2)

The World Ends With You soundtrack.

SMT: Devil Survivor soundtrack.

Radiata Stories soundtrack.

Xenosaga soundtracks (1,2,and 3)

These are all my favourite soundtracks, and it will take me a long time to list is out.:)

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
My favorite game soundtracks are:

Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 3
World Of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (especially Taverns and Lament of the Highborne)
Parasite Eve
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX (especially Rose of May)
Final Fantasy X
Killer 7

Dark Drakan

Admin
Off top of my head...

Final Fantasy series
UFC Undisputed 09
Smackdown series
DMC series
Fable series

Leonhart.

Flawless Assassin
My favorite game soundtracks is:

Persona 3 Fes (especial Mass Destruction:D)
Persona 4
Kingdom Hearts series
Final Fantasy series

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
My favorite two Playstation games, Fear Effect and Rival Schools have a great soundtrack ^_______^

aka958

Don't trust people
o_O So many. I didn't list mine. I just took one of the very best.
Many game musics rule i know it but wow, it looks like i've done very little gameplaying because some of you got so very very many different musics you like that it could actually show all the gameseries i've played in my entire life!

The best of the best music in gameplay that i remember most clearly and sits in my head for years and maybe will never disappear is:

Final Fantasy series (Crisis Core, VII, VIII, X, VI, )

Doom series (Ultimate Doom, PSX Doom (only intro music), Doom64 (only intro music), Doom 2, Doom 3 (only the extremly awesome theme from it as it almost doesn't have any other tracks) )

*The Black Mages (Only a band that recreates Final Fantasy soundtracks to a rock version and doesn't count as a game music but they convert game music :D )

Mini information:

Nobuo Uematsu was the one who made the sountracks for Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X and that is only what i have confirmed and dunno if he had done more.

Bobby Prince was the one who made the soundtracks for Doom and Doom 2 as far as i have confirmed and dunno if he had done more game music for Doom series.

(OFF TOPIC Easter egg!)

Just as it goes for those who creates game music it stands in the Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core credits:
"Nobuo Uematsu (smile please)" Yes it says Smile please. For those who have it and wonder if it is try just check it out. Sorry for off topicness but i just wanna tell

Ai-Katsumi Haru

odaya kana ha to ~ 穏やかなハート
-Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm OST's
-Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3 & 4 OST's
-Dynasty Warriors 6 and Strike Force OST's
-Warriors Orochi 1 & 2 OST's
-Guilty Gear X2 Reload OST's

Nishiva

Living in my little world

DMC
Final Fantasy
Ratchet & Clank
Tekken
Soul Calibur
Burnout
American McGee's Alice
Castlevania

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
Every Final Fantasy OST
Both Parasite Eve OSTs
Every Metal Gear Solid OST
Every Silent Hill
Both Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross
Every Super Mario game
Lost Odyssey (Probably the latest greatest thing from Nobuo Uematsu if you ask me)
EVERY LEGEND OF ZELDA
OKAMI
and every Resident Evil.

Anything w/a series, I like all the music from it. :>

Oh, yes. Almost forgot every Earthbound/MOTHER game.

mahcooLet

is freaking insane
i Like all the finaL fantasy sound track especiaLLy the one in FF VII eyes on me and in FF VIII melodies of Life

some musiv in Resident eviL and siLent hiLL too oh and Metal Gear soLid and DeviL May Cry of course

Top Bottom