• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What does a new lead need to have?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
He is not a wraith it's just his name is wraith

and he is 500 years old , I wanted an older character with centuries of experience that is aristocratic and has charm but has a cockyness and coolness to him too.The experience of that length of time is a factor in how powerful he is.Plus it gives plenty of time to amass a lot of new powers and weapons ,and it gives an opening for games over multiple time periods.

He could be a former legendary dark knight who went the same path as sparda and who even knew him , that way he could be tied into the lore with dante sometime.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
If they make new lead (which isn't needed imho) they should make someone who ads some new lore to the table. It's pretty bad when its implied, no lore outside what we have seen exists. Its also reason why shows like Supernatural turned into utter crap. So they better drop Mundus etc for good and make someone unrelated to Sparda. On the other hand…Mundus' son? :p

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
If they make new lead (which isn't needed imho) they should make someone who ads some new lore to the table. It's pretty bad when its implied, no lore outside what we have seen exists. Its also reason why shows like Supernatural turned into utter crap. So they better drop Mundus etc for good and make someone unrelated to Sparda. On the other hand…Mundus' son? :p
That's a really cool idea, Sparda had sons so why couldn't Mundus have had sons as well, or daughters? I like that. I like that a lot.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@ef9 o shea
Maybe have him be someone who Sparda mentored? like a young demon Sparda helped to turn over a new leaf or a half-breed Sparda found and trained as a succesor?

@absolitude
it's hard imaging Mundus having kids tho but nice idea.

@LordOfDarkness
just generating conversation.

@Chancey289
i thought it would have been easier to make him Dante's kid who checks in on him after the events of DMC2.

@DarkSlayerZero
Maybe someone who knows of him but doesnt have much of a connection, maybe someone who is from hell like Berial?

@berto
maybe time and budget restraints because you would have to spend a little more time developing his character and selling why she would fall in love with him.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
@ef9 o shea
Maybe have him be someone who Sparda mentored? like a young demon Sparda helped to turn over a new leaf or a half-breed Sparda found and trained as a succesor?

@absolitude
it's hard imaging Mundus having kids tho but nice idea.

@LordOfDarkness
just generating conversation.

@Chancey289
i thought it would have been easier to make him Dante's kid who checks in on him after the events of DMC2.

@DarkSlayerZero
Maybe someone who knows of him but doesnt have much of a connection, maybe someone who is from hell like Berial?

@berto
maybe time and budget restraints because you would have to spend a little more time developing his character and selling why she would fall in love with him.

now wait, that was innsmouth's idea having maybe a mundus' kid character --i share liking to it too.. the general opinion is to make somebody mundus related perhaps?

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Talking about Mundus' child... Berial was a prince to Mundus, but was he his child?In Darkstalkers, Morrigan was Berial's successor but she wasn't his child...

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
hmm.. i say make berial not mundus child because the real child is exiled for self-training purposes, then we put my new lead idea, he's not friend nor enemy to dante because he doesn't know who he is, who is actually mundus' child.. omg i'm so selfish, lol..

but yeah, this whole thing should work, got a 'predictable' twist there and still ties in to the main sparda mundus lore, and i want to see another actual demon king manifest in the game..

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I was thinking something like that yes maybe a lieutenant or general or Dark Knight who sparda trained and helped find his humanity.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Actually…why? Nobody said it must be human kid. It may be his demon son/daughter, who for some reason fighting demons now. (Sparda did) Also its not like Mundus is impotent or anything >_>
I'm getting a "Blue Exorcist" vibe here, Satan sleeps with a human women and gets her pregnant only for the child to grow up hating demons and use his powers to slay them.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@absolitude
sorry man, thought it was yours.

@Innsmouth
Well maybe but I just never saw Mundus as the type to want kids, he'd see it as beneath him to have a successor of any kind.

closest thing might be another character like trish, a subject created for a specific purpose.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Why not take a spin on the classic hybrid situation?

Instead of a natural Human/Demon hybrid, have a human who was turned into part Demon by evil human scientists working with demons. The human escapes before he is totally turned into a demon and seeks revenge, battling both sides that want him destroyed. It'd be an interesting change to have human enemies for once.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Blackquill
i feel the science angle might be too reminescent of DMC2/4 but that might be a good way to piggy back off those and push forward. Fans love connections after all.

But maybe having a human forced to become a demon as a punishment? like a hunter who becomes a tool of the villian or becomes a demon after being cursed etc might be a good way to spin it.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Well maybe but I just never saw Mundus as the type to want kids, he'd see it as beneath him to have a successor of any kind

I don't mean to be that guy, but that's what DmC Mundus does. He has a child to be his heir. Even though if the Hell-gate gives him immortality, I don't get the reason for the child...=/

Anyway, nothing else would really work for me in terms of a main lead. It would have to just be Dante, Vergil or Sparda.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@ef9 o shea
maybe we could have Wraith be a name he's known by rather than his birth name?

@LordOfDarkness
I get that but i never saw Classic Mundus as the kind of guy to rule through subterfuge and debt. He's all about that open tyranny yo:devil:.

Its fine bro.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Maybe but his birth name could be something he renounced due to him abandoning those evil ways and wraith is his nick name as he is a bringer of death to demons that are evil?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
@Z218
Well maybe but I just never saw Mundus as the type to want kids, he'd see it as beneath him to have a successor of any kind.

closest thing might be another character like trish, a subject created for a specific purpose.
I never said anything about successor , only about his child :) I just can't imagine Mundus being millions years old virgin ;)

@Blackquill That sounds like SMT Strange Journey

Top Bottom