• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What do you want to see at e3!?

Gbraga

What I want to see? Hmm, Metal Gear Rising gameplay and a release date for DmC.

I won't watch anymore trailers because I don't want to get spoiled, but a spoilerfree gameplay demo would be nice.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Man. You guys want story details and what special weapons are in yhe game? Why would any game creators give out spoilers like that?

Azurel

Royalguard. It must be in there.

Anything else, however, I ask for will not make it into the game, but this is a wishlist, so I'm doing it anyway.

What I want to see is a Metroid-like world installed within the game. However, I know it's going to be linear. I'd also like to see if Dante could have optional conversational meetings so that he could build up his status rank with the people he meets. Being able to sneak up on opponents would be something new and not altogether a bad idea.

I guess what I'm basically asking for is Darksiders II. It has a Metroid world, quests, dialogue options, and stealth has been hinted at being in there. It's too bad these things won't be in DmC.

In Dishonored, you can play the entire game without hurting anyone. I think that should be an option in more games, just to be able to have a different way to play. It's not an idea to be scoffed at either, since it's the most difficult way to play the game.

Remember, this is about what I would like to see. I know that none of this will make it into the game, but this is my answer, either way.

ZeroLove

Royalguard. It must be in there.

Anything else, however, I ask for will not make it into the game, but this is a wishlist, so I'm doing it anyway.

What I want to see is a Metroid-like world installed within the game. However, I know it's going to be linear. I'd also like to see if Dante could have optional conversational meetings so that he could build up his status rank with the people he meets. Being able to sneak up on opponents would be something new and not altogether a bad idea.

I guess what I'm basically asking for is Darksiders II. It has a Metroid world, quests, dialogue options, and stealth has been hinted at being in there. It's too bad these things won't be in DmC.

In Dishonored, you can play the entire game without hurting anyone. I think that should be an option in more games, just to be able to have a different way to play. It's not an idea to be scoffed at either, since it's the most difficult way to play the game.

Remember, this is about what I would like to see. I know that none of this will make it into the game, but this is my answer, either way.

Then I would like to know WHY you want those things in a Devil May Cry game. Personally I don't find any of those things fitting into the world of DmC. I mean, completing the game without hurting anyone? It's a hack'n slash game! Why would you want that? I have nothing against the concept in other games where it fits within the world and its genre, but not in Devil May Cry.

Azurel

Then I would like to know WHY you want those things in a Devil May Cry game. Personally I don't find any of those things fitting into the world of DmC. I mean, completing the game without hurting anyone? It's a hack'n slash game! Why would you want that? I have nothing against the concept in other games where it fits within the world and its genre, but not in Devil May Cry.

Why? Well, because Dishonored could play completely as a pure hack n' slash game as well, or as a pure shooter, but also gives you the option to do neither, but makes it so it would be the hardest way to play. The player doesn't have to play it that way, but after seeing other games like Deus Ex, Thief and even Epic Mickey take the nonviolent route, it would be interesting as a hypothetical situation to see how it would be able to play out in DmC while still being rewarding to be able to play through.

Mirror's Edge has the player avoiding combat on the most part. You can even play through the game without shooting anyone. Disarming is another matter, but it still places an emphasis on non-combat situations.

I would just appreciate the option of it being there. It's just that, you see games like Prototype 2 and Darksiders 2 offering extreme combat, stealth and explorable worlds. DmC, on the other hand, has only offered platforming in addition to the combat. I know it's offering "constantly moving" worlds, and I appreciate that, but I simply want more.

I'm just saying is that I would like more options. If the player doesn't want to play through those options (i.e. merely going from location A to B instead of exploring) then that's fine.

Ok, let's just forget the non-combat option. I was merely suggesting it as an example to use to introduce the world. In the first trailer, young Dante (he was young in those first few seconds) was chained up in the hospital. However, it seemed he escaped. The introduction level could be used to have him simply run through the level as fast as possible. This play mechanic would most likely never be used again, sure, but it would serve it's purpose well in the beginning, for the most part.

ZeroLove

Why? Well, because Dishonored could play completely as a pure hack n' slash game as well, or as a pure shooter, but also gives you the option to do neither, but makes it so it would be the hardest way to play. The player doesn't have to play it that way, but after seeing other games like Deus Ex, Thief and even Epic Mickey take the nonviolent route, it would be interesting as a hypothetical situation to see how it would be able to play out in DmC while still being rewarding to be able to play through.

Mirror's Edge has the player avoiding combat on the most part. You can even play through the game without shooting anyone. Disarming is another matter, but it still places an emphasis on non-combat situations.

I would just appreciate the option of it being there. It's just that, you see games like Prototype 2 and Darksiders 2 offering extreme combat,stealth and explorable worlds. DmC, on the other hand, has only offered platforming in addition to the combat. I know it's offering "constantly moving" worlds, and I appreciate that, but I simply want more.

I'm just saying is that I would like more options. If the player doesn't want to play through those options (i.e. merely going from location A to B instead of exploring) then that's fine.

Ok, let's just forget the non-combat option. I was merely suggesting it as an example to use to introduce the world. In the first trailer, young Dante (he was young in those first few seconds) was chained up in the hospital. However, it seemed he escaped. The introduction level could be used to have him simply run through the level as fast as possible. This play mechanic would most likely never be used again, sure, but it would serve it's purpose well in the beginning, for the most part.

There's nothing wrong with wanting those elements as you like them in other games, the question lies in how much it would fit a game like Devil May Cry. I don't see stealth and non-violent solutions be a big part of the game, because that would remove the main essence of what Devil May Cry is. I would rather add onto it and expand it, find new and creative ways to use it and I think Ninja Theory is doing just that.
I think the idea of Devil May Cry being more open-world sounds cool though. Very linear games can easily get boring after having played it through a few times, it is nice to find more as you explore the world. ^^

Azurel

There's nothing wrong with wanting those elements as you like them in other games, the question lies in how much it would fit a game like Devil May Cry. I don't see stealth and non-violent solutions be a big part of the game, because that would remove the main essence of what Devil May Cry is. I would rather add onto it and expand it, find new and creative ways to use it and I think Ninja Theory is doing just that.
I think the idea of Devil May Cry being more open-world sounds cool though. Very linear games can easily get boring after having played it through a few times, it is nice to find more as you explore the world. ^^

Especially since Metroid has the best of both sides of the coin. You have an explorable world, but, you also find new areas every once in a while, and everything's connected, so, you can go back if you feel you've overlooked something.

I know linear games have that too, like in DMC, but it feels like you're going back in time in terms of story events.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
Azurel npc dialogues are nice, and i really like quests. But one have to set right priorities and that is that DmC isn't a game that's meant to be explore-quest-npc like Skyrim or AC.

I love npc dialogues and quests. I've played Dungeon Siege (Hack and Slash), but DMC games and DmC games aren't mean to be that way.

Azurel

Azurel npc dialogues are nice, and i really like quests. But one have to set right priorities and that is that DmC isn't a game that's meant to be explore-quest-npc like Skyrim or AC.

I love npc dialogues and quests. I've played Dungeon Siege (Hack and Slash), but DMC games and DmC games aren't mean to be that way.

Either way DmC isn't explorable. Some people said that DmC shouldn't have platforming either, but I'm still glad it's there. But it's fine. DmC isn't that kind of game.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
who says there isnt any NPC dialog. From what i've seen, Dante interacts with npc's and they're also always around him.
I think DmC will have you in Limbo for most of the time, but while in the real world, why couldn't NT put in the effort to have random dialog from npc's. You could have some pretty clever writing considering the satire and all.

Considering that, why wouldn't dante be able to explore the real world after he leaves limbo? His appearance would create havoc around the public and the people would run around like chickens with their heads cut off.and it would also give some type of exploration too.

as for stealth...hmmm.. thats like asking MGR if its going to have stealth

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Playable Demo, New Gallery Art, Guy in Dante Costume (New and Original), Virility Soda, Weapons Display, Game Informer, Mosh pits, Free T-shirts, The Counterintuitive Idiots from IGN, liquor, Noise, Shootouts, Security, Fights, More videos, More Security, More noise, and More information on DmC.

Yep. My expectations are high this year........

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
who says there isnt any NPC dialog. From what i've seen, Dante interacts with npc's and they're also always around him.
I think DmC will have you in Limbo for most of the time, but while in the real world, why couldn't NT put in the effort to have random dialog from npc's. You could have some pretty clever writing considering the satire and all.

Considering that, why wouldn't dante be able to explore the real world after he leaves limbo? His appearance would create havoc around the public and the people would run around like chickens with their heads cut off.and it would also give some type of exploration too.

as for stealth...hmmm.. thats like asking MGR if its going to have stealth
I believe DmC will have npc dialogues. In DMC games the scenes were pretty much a "ghost city". It was as if all humans were extinct.

Asking for stealth in DmC and exploration may be bad for the game.
If you ask for stealth then your making the game a bit more rpg like. And if you have wide areas to explore then that may affect the game again.

I don't know HOW it will affect it, but there must be a reason why DmC isn't a wide area like AC, Infamous etc. Because if you do that then it may mess up something.

Top Bottom