• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What do you want to see at e3!?

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I believe DmC will have npc dialogues. In DMC games the scenes were pretty much a "ghost city". It was as if all humans were extinct.

Asking for stealth in DmC and exploration may be bad for the game.
If you ask for stealth then your making the game a bit more rpg like. And if you have wide areas to explore then that may affect the game again.

I don't know HOW it will affect it, but there must be a reason why DmC isn't a wide area like AC, Infamous etc. Because if you do that then it may mess up something.

I think because its easier to script scenes directly in game in a linear style than an open world style. Plus it would be hard to change an entire city into limbo every time Dante fights a demon in an open world (tons of loading, especially if they want the buildings to look like they do now). But i was just suggesting that after an area is defeated, it would revert back to the real world with people reacting to Dante because of all the destruction that was just caused. And with new abilities and up graded moves and such, maybe a little exploration in past areas would reveal hidden secrets. Its not like DMC hasn't tried it before.

KandyMan

I would like to see if there will be a real world segment in which you can actually play in...perhaps answer some questions as to if Dante can even do half of the **** he can in the real world that he can do in Limbo...

AceofSpades

Lord of the Void
Playable Demo, New Gallery Art, Guy in Dante Costume (New and Original), Virility Soda, Weapons Display, Game Informer, Mosh pits, Free T-shirts, The Counterintuitive Idiots from IGN, liquor, Noise, Shootouts, Security, Fights, More videos, More Security, More noise, and More information on DmC.

Yep. My expectations are high this year........
Riots, Fire, destruction, fist fights, gun shoots, SWAT, necromorphes, screaming, zombies, more necromorphes, more zombies, Zombies vs. Necromorphs. Hell Yeah

berto

I Saw the Devil
Right now I'm more curious about Vergil than anything. NT said that since it's an original story none of the familiar faces would have the same history so I'm wondering... Will he even know how to use a sword? Is he still Dante's match? Is the guy from 4chan right? Will he be evil by the end or turned evil? Vergil was one of my favorite characters so I want to know more about him but I still worry.

Azurel

I think because its easier to script scenes directly in game in a linear style than an open world style. Plus it would be hard to change an entire city into limbo every time Dante fights a demon in an open world (tons of loading, especially if they want the buildings to look like they do now). But i was just suggesting that after an area is defeated, it would revert back to the real world with people reacting to Dante because of all the destruction that was just caused. And with new abilities and up graded moves and such, maybe a little exploration in past areas would reveal hidden secrets. Its not like DMC hasn't tried it before.

Infamous 2 seems to handle scripting scenes just fine without any difficulty. But I do see your point. Maybe it just can't be done with some stories.

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

well im sure lots of guys here will say (I TOLD U SOO) hehe....cuz really u guys have already gave tons of idias.... so im sure nothing they say will be surprizing hehe :D

Danteredgrave

"I make the angels scream and the devil cry"
More info about the story and the characters (French video game reviews say they never tell you enough about the background of the characters etc in DMC games and that's true...)

I want Tameen to open his mouth and say something else then "no comment:ermm: " next time he is asked about the return of Trish, Lady or any other celebrity! xD (then my jaw will drop of course :p)

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
I don't know if I've said this yet, but I wanna see Sparda or Eva.
I REALLY wanna see Sparda or Eva.

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
Dear Santa,

What do I want for DmC's E3? Well, I want...
-New weapon footage
-New enemies (at least in the form of concept art)
-A (I stress A) new character
-An interview with Dante's voice actor
-A hands-on played by a n00b compared to a professional
-Ideas of a sequel
-Release date (THIS IS WHAT I REALLY WANT)
-An idea of what there is to do afterwards other than finding new combos and difficulty levels

Bring this Santa, and I might believe in you again. Might.

-Vezild

Gbraga

Dear Santa,

What do I want for DmC's E3? Well, I want...
-New weapon footage
-New enemies (at least in the form of concept art)
-A (I stress A) new character
-A hands-on played by a n00b compared to a professional
-Ideas of a sequel
-Release date (THIS IS WHAT I REALLY WANT)
-An idea of what there is to do afterwards other than finding new combos and difficulty levels

Bring this Santa, and I might believe in you again. Might.

-Vezild
That sound pretty awesome actually, they can show us instead of just talk about how they're making the game more easy to get into so you can do cool stuff even not being hardcore at the same time as keeping the great depth that DMC is known for. Showing a noob doing cool combos and then a pro doing some mind blowing stuff would be amazing

About that: "-An idea of what there is to do afterwards other than finding new combos and difficulty levels"

On the latest GameInformer interview they confirmed that we will have additional modes! I hope we get Bloody Palace or something like that.

Can't wait to see what it is that we're unchaining on the Secret Levels.

Nelo_Vergil

More info about the story and the characters (French video game reviews say they never tell you enough about the background of the characters etc in DMC games and that's true...)

I want Tameen to open his mouth and say something else then "no comment:ermm: " next time he is asked about the return of Trish, Lady or any other celebrity! xD (then my jaw will drop of course :p)

actually thinking about it...... in DMC4 they gave us a scene where nero gets his "DT" yet never throughout the whole game do they ever explain it.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
I can appreciate optional ways of play as much as the next guy, but there does come a point when You're literally putting an entirely different genre into game, which I feel most would argue that, despite wanting them as only options, wanting them at all would imply perhaps this particular game isn't for You. I wouldn't pick up Cooking Mama and expect to have the option of preparing every meal with a chainsaw.

berto

I Saw the Devil

I'm not sure I understand why people are so interested in this but have never seen and interview with a voice actor at any major event unless said actor was and A-lister or cult persona. Voice actors are never interviewed by the press at E3 or TGS or gamescon or GDC.

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

I'm not sure I understand why people are so interested in this but have never seen and interview with a voice actor at any major event unless said actor was and A-lister or cult persona. Voice actors are never interviewed by the press at E3 or TGS or gamescon or GDC.
true hehe i was wondering the same thing....i mean what do we gain by hearing him say( im exited to play as the voice of dante) and all that....its pointless to me....

Top Bottom