• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What do you guys make of this?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
My fave thing in that piece "Who's Nero?"

BOOYAH!

It's like he said 'Anyone can dream'... (personally, it's not something I would class as something to get excited about.)

I think Kamiya is a bit of a 'troll' to the fans (not a mean troll). I asked him a question about Vergil... even to this day I always wonder if he was being clever or something else.

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
My fave thing in that piece "Who's Nero?"

BOOYAH!

It's like he said 'Anyone can dream'... (personally, it's not something I would class as something to get excited about.)

I think Kamiya is a bit of a 'troll' to the fans (not a mean troll). I asked him a question about Vergil... even to this day I always wonder if he was being clever or something else.

Agreed, I hold doubts about the news as much as I would love to see the Original verse coming back.

Sunaka Marién

I don't know him well enough to really judge, but I doubt it means anything, especially with his "Who's Nero?" comment. I also don't think that Capcom would let him semi-announce a new DMC via his twitter, when they themselves haven't said a word on it yet. At least I hope so.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I once asked Kamiya if he was willing to collaborate with Itsuno if given the chance.
He replied with a simple "No"
No. RT @burney_jordan: Given the chance, would you collaborate/work with Hideaki Itsuno ?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
As much as I hate to admit it, if Kamiya is to work on the franchise, it should just retcon everything that takes place after DMC1 and be a whole new story with DMC3 combat and Reuben Langdon.
Basically a reboot that stays true to the original

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'm not sure. It seems like he's trolling and teasing the fans. So, if he ever was telling the truth, not many would take him seriously. It would be good if there wan an official announcement about DMC, but I don't think it's going to come from him.

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
I think he was attempting to pull off a Hideo Kojima, and by that I mean teasing his fans about his upcoming projects in a very mysterious manner. Instead of doing that though, he just made an asshole out of himself.

I just don't trust Kamiya. I don't like him as a person.
Oh, the feeling is mutual. I don't like that guy either. His 'Whatever' reaction to the question of whether he thought NT was going to evolve the reboot to Bayonetta standards made him look like a third-grade spoiled brat who's ****ed off because somebody stole his lunch. I really can't believe how immature he is.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Maybe he wants to do another DMC, but that doesn't automatically mean Capcom is gonna give him the green light... Although I'd be curious to see how he would handle such a hypothetical project (another reboot? or would he continue with DMC canon?).

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
No hate. I just don't trust Kamiya. I don't like him as a person, and I don't like how Bayonetta was made. I dont think I'll drop DMC, but I'd be a bit dissapointed if it becomes just another Bayonetta.
I ****ing hate that piece of **** of a game called bayonetta. Such a great combat system destroyed by his perverted character designs

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I'm not holding my breath; if Kamiya comes back into the fold, it will go one of two ways:

Really, really well.

Or (and this is either more likely, or I'm just cynical)

Straight to hell.

I haven't played Bayonetta, so I can't judge. The cutscenes I have watched and...well, while entertaining at times, they were also pretty lack luster. I've heard the game mechanics are good. *Shrug* I'd like to play it, if given the chance, but I doubt it will live up to how I feel about the Devil May Cry franchise.

If he does get back into it, I hope he's learned from past mistakes, and does the series justice again.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'm not holding my breath; if Kamiya comes back into the fold, it will go one of two ways:

Really, really well.

Or (and this is either more likely, or I'm just cynical)

Straight to hell.

I haven't played Bayonetta, so I can't judge. The cutscenes I have watched and...well, while entertaining at times, they were also pretty lack luster. I've heard the game mechanics are good. *Shrug* I'd like to play it, if given the chance, but I doubt it will live up to how I feel about the Devil May Cry franchise.

If he does get back into it, I hope he's learned from past mistakes, and does the series justice again.

I played the demo.

I was given the guns and the sword to use. For the most part the gameplay is kind of like DMC, however it's not as deep as DMC is. But like I said this is from a demo build, but the attacks rely a lot on pause combos, just brutally hacking away at your enemy. You also dodge the right time and time slows down for a few seconds. But that mechanic for twosome time is definitely the best feature on Bayonetta in my opinion.

But other then that, sometimes there could be too much going on and I can't see what in the hell I'm doing and end up getting hit a lot. It's not a difficult game, but rather the enemies are just so obnoxiously distracting and getting in my line of sight that I sometimes can't see what attacks I'm doing.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I played the demo.

I was given the guns and the sword to use. For the most part the gameplay is kind of like DMC, however it's not as deep as DMC is. But like I said this is from a demo build, but the attacks rely a lot on pause combos, just brutally hacking away at your enemy. You also dodge the right time and time slows down for a few seconds. But that mechanic for twosome time is definitely the best feature on Bayonetta in my opinion.

But other then that, sometimes there could be too much going on and I can't see what in the hell I'm doing and end up getting hit a lot. It's not a difficult game, but rather the enemies are just so obnoxiously distracting and getting in my line of sight that I sometimes can't see what attacks I'm doing.

See, I wasn't even aware there was a sword for Bayonetta to use. All I knew about were the four guns. XD

Hmm, good to know. If I can download the demo free, I'll give it a try to see exactly what you mean; otherwise I'll just have to wait until I buy a PSN card-in which I might just go for the full game, depending on the price. From what I've seen though, it really does look like a busy game.

The Final Offer

See, I wasn't even aware there was a sword for Bayonetta to use. All I knew about were the four guns. XD

Hmm, good to know. If I can download the demo free, I'll give it a try to see exactly what you mean; otherwise I'll just have to wait until I buy a PSN card-in which I might just go for the full game, depending on the price. From what I've seen though, it really does look like a busy game.

They simply took everything DMC, added QTE, dial a combo, precise aiming, and went Lady + Trish + Morrigan for the protagonist.

So the story is shot to Hell but, what else do you expect from Kamiya's games?

Last edited:
Top Bottom