• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What do you guys make of this?

The Final Offer

I'm sure it's what he wants however the reality of the situation is simply too strong against this to ever come true. Capcom runs things by the numbers, they are provably looking at Bayonetta's sales rathen than it's performance to determine weather or not allowing him to take the reigns for a second time. He can dream it all he wants but I don't think it's ganna happen.

If you wanna bring something new to the table, then don't pick up Platinum Games. The team's a one trick pony and MGR is the proof.

berto

I Saw the Devil
pardon the double post, not using a computer.
If you wanna bring something new to the table, then don't pick up Platinum Games. The team's a one trick pony and MGR is the proof.
this is not about whether or not P* is the right choise but rather what kamiya is talking about on tweeter. however i don't agree that P* is a 'one trick pony'. mgr was a salvage project that fot a little over a year of production in their studio, hardly the one game to judge them for.

The Final Offer

pardon the double post, not using a computer.

this is not about whether or not P* is the right choise but rather what kamiya is talking about on tweeter. however i don't agree that P* is a 'one trick pony'. mgr was a salvage project that fot a little over a year of production in their studio, hardly the one game to judge them for.

Ok.

Max Anarchy
MGR
Vanquish
Wonderful 101
Bayonetta

Over the top, crappy stories, mirroring, stereotypical characters, cursing like a sailor, objectifying women, protagonist's rival, and there you have it a Platinum Games game. No sign innovation.

What else do I need to further say about Kamiya's team? They've already made Bayonetta. Now look at were it's sequel is headed. It's on the console that sold the least units between the current generation consoles.

It's not like I hate them, I just don't like that they have nothing further to give us but the same old s***. I expected more from them SO MUCH MORE.

Also, I just spoiled the DMC Platinum Games would make. For that, I'm sorry.

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
Ok.

Max Anarchy
MGR
Vanquish
Wonderful 101
Bayonetta

Over the top, crappy stories, mirroring, stereotypical characters, cursing like a sailor, objectifying women, protagonist's rival, and there you have it a Platinum Games game. No sign innovation.

What else do I need to further say about Kamiya's team? They've already made Bayonetta. Now look at were it's sequel is headed. It's on the console that sold the least units between the current generation consoles.

It's not like I hate them, I just don't like that they have nothing further to give us but the same old s***. I expected more from them SO MUCH MORE.

I actually liked MGR. Although the campaign was short, the blade mode was a unique feature (it was not exactly Platinum's idea, but a good one nevertheless), the combat was fast paced, the bosses were fun (most of them) and there were plenty of side-missions to cover the campaign gap.

But yeah, I can't help but agree with you and I am sorry to you guys who might think that I am being an impotent dipshit - they really don't provide any innovation. Sure, Metal Gear Rising was good, but compared to the Metal Gear Rising Kojima Productions was working in, it seemed like a worm-infested pile of crap. Not only can't they upgrade their technology, they also can not hold back from using special rainbow swoosh effects to hide their laziness. Yes, one could argue that Revengeance was an exception since they had very little time to deliver, but it's the same case with Bayonetta too. After like hours of button mashing, there's a moment where you just stop and begin wondering what the hell you've been doing all those hours, cause it definitely wasn't kicking ass that's for sure.

See the difference for yourself:
The first one is the game KP was working on, the second is Revengeance. Which one seems better to you?

But, if Kamiya really chooses P* to work in his dream DMC game, he could actually take it in a pleasant direction, cause let's face it; he has directed the original DMC, the best DMC in the franchise (including the reboot) and I must say that if they would not have replaced him with Itsuno, there would have been no DMC2. The drawback? Unless P* decides to upgrade their technology, we'll get a graphically ****ty game with overused special effects that completely spoil the combat.

All's left is to cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Last edited:

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
... Teal, Dragon,Hassan, you guys are better than this.

You guys lose your **** if we so much as criticize Tameem, but you guys can openly lambast Kamiya?
Next time you guys call out a skeptic for being biased towards DmC, I am going to link this thread
Random, I never hated kamiya I just dont like bayonetta but it was my bad, It did sound like I was bashing kamiya, I should have made my statement more clear. As to Tameem, I never liked him from the start and I was one of the people who had hateful posts about tameem.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Ok.

Max Anarchy
MGR
Vanquish
Wonderful 101
Bayonetta
Don't forget MadWorld and Infinite Space.

Alrighty then. First. Over the top is their business, that hardly makes the games bad, and I'll remind you, you are in a DMC forum, over the top is expected. Second. Damning a game over the poor story? Not exactly the most crutial thing for a video game to have. When a game is telling a fantastic story it's great but that's icing on the cake, the game must stand on it's own with out it. Again, you are in a DMC forum, story has never been the strong suit of the series and it does quite well despite that. Not sure what mirroring means so I'll just skip it. Stereotypical characters are all over the industry in games that are better than the characters that inhabit it, I don't know why this is such a issue. Cursing is goofy and what not, yeah, doesn't in any way shape or form disrupt the gameplay. Objectifying women? Arguable, is over sexualization equate to objectification? They aren't useless but they are over sexualized so is it the same? If all of these are deal breakers for you that's fine, not your thing, but not all of these are going to be universal end all damning flaws.

As for innovation? Is that really how you judge a game? Is that the only quality that a game must have to be considered good? Because there are a lot of great games out there that do nothing to push squad forward, doesn't mean they are bad, not even a little.

I don't see how anything you just listed qualifies as a deal breaker or even an argument for why the games are bad. How about the gameplay? If you have complains about that I'd provably find those to be more solid reasons for the games been bad.

What else do I need to further say about Kamiya's team?
Just as side note. P* is not Kamiya's team, Kamiya is simply part of the team at P*.
They've already made Bayonetta. Now look at were it's sequel is headed.
Yeah, I played it a while back, it was phenomenal.

It's on the console that sold the least units between the current generation consoles.
Not sure why that's an argument for the poor quality of the developer.

Well, I'm not worried. Of all the games of theirs that I've played I've not been disappointed. The only game of theirs I found lacking was Anarchy Reigns, mostly do to servers, but I knew what it was before I got in to it.

Hardly. Like I said, I have faith. Aside from Mikami who left P* these are still the people who created the original DMC, which is still my favorite. If you don't like them and you think they are a bad for reasons listed above, that's fine, I'll respect your opinion, doesn't mean I agree with it, though.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
I'm both dissapointed and curious.

Disappointing that DMC will turn into "Bayonetta with a penis."
But curious to see how much I'll dislike it.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
and I'll remind you, you are in a DMC forum, over the top is expected.
Since... when?

Since... DMC4??

No. Don't use that as your example. Please no. Goodbye.

Dante playing a guitar in DMC3 does NOT count as OTP because it fit within the context of the overall story; Confetti Sword Sex Dante does NOT.

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
Since... when?

Since... DMC4??

No. Don't use that as your example. Please no. Goodbye.

Dante playing a guitar in DMC3 does NOT count as OTP because it fit within the context of the overall story; Confetti Sword Sex Dante does NOT.
I don't know your definition of over-the-top, but DMC is known for being extremely over-the-top since the first game, with the exception of the reboot. Dante got stabbed plenty of times (and of course got up like nothing happened), yelled 'giddyup' on top of a missile which he was riding, fought Mundus in space, was shot in the head, et cetera.

Those little shows Dante would have everytime he found a new weapon are not really classified as over-the-top. They are silly, maybe a little bit too silly.

Top Bottom