• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What did Tameem do to make everyone hate him?

Onecrazymonkey1

The thing is, I'm not comparing her to anything. My point was (as explained above) that Tameem lied to your face and thus ruining his image. My reply was in context to the title. As it should be.

And I want you to go to google images, look up DmC kat and find me ONE image where you see her front body and where her tits aren't hanging out.

and like I said, I don't think there is anything wrong with Kat showing skin and having as you put it "tits hanging out" which I think is an exaggeration anyway; it's really your opinion that you feel like Tameem lied because I certainly don't feel like women were objectified at all.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
and like I said I don't think there is anything wrong with Kat showing skin and having as you put it "tits hanging out" which I think is an exaggeration anyway; it's really your opinion that you feel like Tameem lied because I certainly don't feel like women were objectified at all.
I don't think her tits are out anyway. I guess that's subjective though.:/ But for me, I think she's dressed fine. It's not like she has huge fake tits in a tiny top or dress.

I like Panty and Stocking. I think I got more of a thing for Kneesocks though.
Love that show. The one time I like the Engish dub better than the Japanese. It's just so funny and kinda rude:p

IncarnatedDemon

NostalgicRobotX

Tameem is possibly the best example of bad PR in recent years, he deserved the criticism he got, and in general contributed to a big factor of blame for the reception DmC received.

Initially he spoke against people who were against the changes to character and tone, he came out and said what can easily be summarized as "I don't care about you". I can't speak for intentions behind that statement, but it can be easily and rightfully interpreted as "I don't care about this franchise, and I don't care about the fans".

In short, it was this basic statement that (perhaps) rightfully set Tameem as the scapegoat for a lot of negative feedback. It's understandable when this was further amplified when he made a few unreasonable and unrealistic claims, that from many standpoints where notably false, especially concerning the games combat mechanics and plot.

By this point Tameem opened his own Twitter, where obviously many would lash out and criticize him. Considering he already demonstrated that he was a PR disaster, I will leave it up to your imagination as to what he would have said in the brink of the moment, unofficially, and most importantly, personally to his fans. One tweet in particular that I remember quite well.

@GreekGod88: could NT atleast balance it so that the enemy doesnt get interupted then they try to attack you? my tip
@superninjatam: We also don't have a fix for face-palming your face until it bleeds...
Not only is it offensive for a business to treat a consumer like this, it's offensive in general for anyone. It's statements like this that dug the whole deeper than it already was. There isn't too many parties you can blame when you make a statement in this context.

I read it and your argument is weak. Kat is fine compared to the all the other girls in Devil May Cry (minus Kyrie) who were nothing but sexualized and were there for basically eye candy and nothing more.
Actually you're argument isn't only weak, it's not even valid. I have no say in whether Tameem fulfilled his promises on Kat or not, but using old DMC characters as a basis to justify the character is getting off track of the original point, ultimately comes down to a genetic fallacy on your part.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I don't think her tits are out anyway. I guess that's subjective though.:/ But for me, I think she's dressed fine. It's not like she has huge fake tits in a tiny top or dress.
It makes perfect sense doesn't it? I guess Kat should be in a thick mid-victorian dress complete with powdered wig...

#dmc 4 girls walk by, nothing happens#

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Tameem is possibly the best example of bad PR in recent years, he deserved the criticism he got, and in general contributed to a big factor to blame for the reception DmC received.

Initially he spoke against people who were against the changes to character and tone, he came out and said what can easily be summarized as "I don't care about you". I can't speak for intentions behind that statement, but it can be easily and rightfully interpreted as "I don't care about this franchise, and I don't care about the fans".

In short, it was this basic statement that (perhaps) rightfully set Tameem as the scapegoat for a lot of negative feedback. It's understandable when this was further amplified when he made a few unreasonable and unrealistic claims, that from many standpoints where notably false, especially concerning the games combat mechanics and plot.

By this point Tameem opened his own Twitter, where obviously many would lash out and criticize him. Considering he already demonstrated that he was a PR disaster, I will leave it up to your imagination as to what he would have said in the brink of the moment, unofficially, and most importantly, personally to his fans. One tweet in particular that I remember quite well.

Not only is it offensive for a business to treat a consumer like this, it's offensive in general for anyone. It's statements like this that dug the whole deeper than it already was. There isn't too many parties you can blame when you make a statement in this context.

Actually you're argument isn't only weak, it's not even valid. I have no say in whether Tameem fulfilled his promises on Kat or not, but using old DMC characters as a basis to justify the character is getting off track of the original point, ultimately comes down to a genetic fallacy on your part.
But does Kat really bother anyone? Is she somehow objectifying women? She's not stripping, she's not wearing ridiculous outfits, she just looks rather normal. She has a little cleavage exposed but it doesn't seem like it's over doing it. Just go out in public and there are girls that walk around bearing just as much skin as she's bearing and no one's really flipping out. If Kat was walking the streets in the real world I don't think she'd attract too much awkward attention. Now girls like Trish out and about would look like they're working the streets.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
So apparently when a girl wears shorts that exist in real life, and a tank top that shows some cleavage...that's objectifying women...? Are women only allowed to be free from objectification if they dress modestly head-to-toe like a puritan?

That's a really conservatively-skewed understanding of "objectification" if you think a girl dressed like Kat was objectified. And..."tits hanging out" is very hyperbolic.

Objectification is not defined by the way someone dresses (even though attire is the easy way to do so), but by how someone is presented and portrayed. I didn't even really see any sexualization in Kat, she literally just looked like a random chick to me.

If you wanna talk about objectification in DmC, we could bring up the strippers in Devil's Dalliance, but then again, that's what they do. They get paid to be objectified, which...sorta removes the negative impact of it :p

IncarnatedDemon

It makes perfect sense doesn't it? I guess Kat should be in a thick mid-victorian dress complete with powdered wig...

#dmc 4 girls walk by, nothing happens#
Use your mind. I don't deny that Trish in DMC 4 and Lady (especially Lady) looks like prostitutes.
I dont deny it. I am being honest. You should try it...

But the point isnt "Look Kat is has skin!", it is that Tameem said that a female character should not be sexualized to make people like the character. That the character should have depth. Speaking for myself i don't think Kat is over the top sexualized, but there is some sexual hints at her character. Again i am not saying she is sexualized to a great extent, I AM NOT SO REGISTER THAT and dont take my words out of context.

Kat close up
Trip from Enslaved - is she a hooker too?
Who's idea was this - Namco Bandai (publisher) or the developers (NT)?

As i said, Tameem said "a female character should be liked for her personality bla bla", but despite this he used sex to get Dante liked. Those of you who have played DmC and should know what i mean.

And that is the issue:
You say "a female character shudnt be sexualized to be liked":
Then you go do that to reboot Dante
And it SLIGHTLY with Kat (i think - the close up link what you think?)

P.S Besides Trish from DMC 1 looks sexy but not

I like cats, so kat's okay.

I want to know where she got her hoody from because I want it
dmc_1.jpg

It's a nice hoody.

Frantix

Tameem is possibly the best example of bad PR in recent years, he deserved the criticism he got, and in general contributed to a big factor of blame for the reception DmC received.

You don't know this, but this Greekgod guy in particular was known to harass and troll Antoniades' twitter constantly. He uses the same name for YT and other blogs, and he's constantly bad mouthing them. So I don't quite agree with you saying that it was in poor form of him to respond this way, especially when this guy in particular harasses him constantly.

It just sounds like you're trying to make this into some sort of anti-consumer action. When it clearly isn't.

Anyway, I'm curious if you think Hideki Kamiya's twitter responses fall under poor pr. Cause he goes as far as insulting people for asking him simple or poorly thought out questions.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Yeah and I'm not bothered by Kat's rack all that much or how she dresses, because-
tumblr_mj5uu22Rg81rldlm5o1_500.jpg

Well...they equalled it out for both sexes. I think that's what bothers me sometimes. The men in videos game can look cool and attractive, but it's not as often you get it they're made to look sexy because some games are just directed at male gamers [A.K.A Dead or Alive Beach Volley Ball]. It's often female characters that get this treatment, if a little too much sometimes. That's probably what I like about Ninja Theory games, they don't outbalance things.

tumblr_mf6u9gZjm81ryfipvo1_500.jpg

I wish games would do this more often, having both sexes look equally appealing on an attractive level, but not to the point where for where you'd have Kat walking around in a bikini [boob physics jiggling over the top] and Dante and Vergil in speedo's with gleaming back muscles and their hair constantly blowing in the wind.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
As i said, Tameem said "a female character should be liked for her personality bla bla", but despite this he used sex to get Dante liked. Those of you who have played DmC and should know what i mean.

And that is the issue:
And it SLIGHTLY with Kat (i think - the close up link what you think?)t

Woah woah woah woah...woah...f#cking what?

Dante's sex life was to make him a likable character...?

It couldn't have had anything to do with the hedonistic lifestyle he chose to live because he felt he wasn't going to be living for a very long time? Because he's hassled relentlessly by demons? And he used violence and promiscuity as a way to vent those frustrations of knowing his life was most likely shorter than most?

That is just...so...so dumb >.<

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
She made it out of squirrels! After she was finished milking them for their semen!
Ever read some Wicca books before? My friend's mom is a Wicca and she has a collection of these old books and I think Pagan stuff too. They got some crazy sh!t in those books so quite frankly I wasn't surprised.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Use your mind. I don't deny that Trish in DMC 4 and Lady (especially Lady) looks like prostitutes.
I dont deny it. I am being honest. You should try it...

But the point isnt "Look Kat is has skin!", it is that Tameem said that a female character should not be sexualized to make people like the character. That the character should have depth. Speaking for myself i don't think Kat is over the top sexualized, but there is some sexual hints at her character. Again i am not saying she is sexualized to a great extent, I AM NOT SO REGISTER THAT and dont take my words out of context.

Kat close up
Trip from Enslaved - is she a hooker too?
Who's idea was this - Namco Bandai (publisher) or the developers (NT)?

And that is the issue:
And it SLIGHTLY with Kat (i think - the close up link what you think?)

P.S Besides Trish from DMC 1 looks sexy but not
Personally I feel like you have no right to tell me to use my head.

IncarnatedDemon

Woah woah woah woah...woah...f#cking what?

Dante's sex life was to make him a likable character...?

It couldn't have had anything to do with the hedonistic lifestyle he chose to live because he felt he wasn't going to be living for a very long time? Because he's hassled relentlessly by demons? And he used violence and promiscuity as a way to vent those frustrations of knowing his life was most likely shorter than most?

That is just...so...so dumb >_<
It's really weird that we saw scenes of Dante having sex with girls, but we never saw those "horrible" scenes of Dante being totured by demons as kid. Unless your consider demons trying to kill him (similar to DMC games where any demon would try to kill Dante) is him being totured.

You show the scenes of sex. But you dont show the totures scene or the scenes where Dante was treated badly by demons when he was a kid?

And no, obviously they used sex to make him appealing as character:
http://p.ganyou.com/attachment/image/2012/01/07/113410567.jpg

Top Bottom