• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What did Tameem do to make everyone hate him?

IncarnatedDemon

Oooh I have a good one. I see you're a fan of Naruto. Now do you want to hear what I really think of that show and the characters within the Anime? Because it's really not nice.

If I were to tell you how much I hate Naruto, would take offense to it and demand an apology from me saying "I shouldn't have said that"?
or
Would you disagree with me, point out the flaw with my argument case and move on?
First of all, your not creating anything for Naruto manga, therefor no. It's your opinion. Now if you told me "I think Naruto sucks", i'd say "fair enough", but if you say "Naruto sucks", then i will challenge you to a debate on whether Naruto sucks or not.

Now Tameem was spokesman and leader of NT, and he goes on to say "Dante is not cool" with a illogical reasoning, and i should go ahead and accept that?
I like Dante, and there are others that feel stronglier (is that a word?) about him as a character.
So not only did we not want a reboot of Dante, the character was rebooted by someone who tells us "Dante is not cool"," Dante is laughable" and so on.
And what's funny? His reasoning for Dante not being cool was false.

Being humble, i may be wrong...but i swear i recall him speaking of the matter of Dante not being cool as if it was a fact. I'll try to find a source.

He said DmC will feel like it's using Blast Processing.

Everyone knows one single game can't match the speed of the SEGA Genesis.

Translation "30fps will be like 60fps" Is that enough to warrant hate? No, but I will hate him anyway because I am an Anti, a hater and a troll.

I spoke what was on your mind just as you were reading this, so, please, hold your applause. I don't need it and you'll embarrass me. :blush:

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Considering Tameem is the one who did the initial art of Dante LOOKING almost just like his classic younger self and had that rejected by Capcom...that may have influenced WHY he said that Dante, as he dressed in the last DMC, would be laughed out of your average bar.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I can already see this thread getting bad, so...
http://localhostr.com/file/z6nDtby/****thisthreadimouttahere.gif
Can i join?
fck_this_thread_gif.gif
Bah, I would never coware in the fear of-LOOK OVER THEEEEERE!
tumblr_menbgjSNOf1rurv44.gif

Martius

SSSmokin!
Considering Tameem is the one who did the initial art of Dante LOOKING almost just like his classic younger self and had that rejected by Capcom...that may have influenced WHY he said that Dante, as he dressed in the last DMC, would be laughed out of your average bar.
Not in Poland. He could be a great fan of Polish football team!

8BitHero

Scrub
It's not. But does he make it come across as arrogant and irritate you to hell if you're a fan that likes the series? in my opinion, Yes.
See below
First of all, your not creating anything for Naruto manga, therefor no. It's your opinion. Now if you told me "I think Naruto sucks", i'd say "fair enough", but if you say "Naruto sucks", then i will challenge you to a debate on whether Naruto sucks or not.

Now Tameem was spokesman and leader of NT, and he goes on to say "Dante is not cool" with a illogical reasoning, and i should go ahead and accept that?
I like Dante, and there are others that feel stronglier (is that a word?) about him as a character.
So not only did we not want a reboot of Dante, the character was rebooted by someone who tells us "Dante is not cool"," Dante is laughable" and so on.
And what's funny? His reasoning for Dante not being cool was false.

Being humble, i may be wrong...but i swear i recall him speaking of the matter of Dante not being cool as if it was a fact. I'll try to find a source.
Nah I believe you on that. But the point I'm making is that everyone is at fault here. They don't see what different perspectives are and therefore take offense. Tameem is just like any of us for not liking [insert character] here but that doesn't mean that any remarks thrown at a character means it's thrown at the fan of [insert character]. Why take offensive to a character that isn't real?

Not only that but it comes down to both sides being dumb about this. What Tameem thinks is cool is not fact. I completely 100% disagree with forcing your idea of cool on everyone else, but those against Tameem are guilty of doing the exact same.

Tameem saying "newDante is the definition cool and would be laughed out of a Tokyo bar" is just as offensive as fans saying "No, oldDante is the the definition of cool and emo Dante is a fa99ot".

Tolerance works both ways.
And as I've said before, Twilight and MLP take this kind of crap everyday from people who don't care about the media(Film/TV etc).

Oh and:
Abandon-Thread.gif

Dante47

Tameem is an interesting man, and one whom I respect as an artist.
I hope to see him as a part of Devil May Cry's future, as well as the entirety of Ninja Theory.

I don't see why some can't understand his sentiments about where the Devil May Cry series was heading, and I certainly can't see why they would want him and his company to fail. Even for games I despise, I want to see the developers and series improve over time and hopefully dazzle us with the next installment.
That's what video games are about, building and improving upon the current foundation put down by it's predecessors.

IncarnatedDemon

Continuing:
First i want to say, i've not seen the character design that supposedly looked like Dante. Therefor, unless i see it...i have little to no belief in that they exist. Similar to how Tameem said they received anti-DmC metal song and comic, but they never shared them with us so that we for ourself could judge if the song and the comic is infact death threats or anti-DmC stuff taken out of proportions.

moving on.
1:18 "Time has moved on and the stuff..."
That is correct, things that was cool back then isn't cool. But Tameem has told us many times that the inspiration for the character design is from punk movement which is from 1970s.
In same interview he also said that the things that was cool back then that DMC was based on is no longer cool. Which is a ok point, but contradicts DmC because again DmC is based on punk movement and there is even "They Live" rip off storywise. And how old is They Live movie as opposed to Blade?(Blade being a inspiration for Dante).

But what i think is messed up is how he says this as if it's a fact:
If Dante, dressed as he was, walked into any bar outside of Tokyo, he'd get laughed out
What he did with this statement is put a fantasy video game character into a real life scenario, and say "Dante would get laughed out therefor he's not cool" as a valid argument.

I wouldn't dislike Tameem if it wasn't for his behavior as a person. I don't blame Tameem for the reboot or that Dante who i liked was rebooted. I don't blame Tameem for doing his job.
But what i will blame him for is disrespecting Dante, and that he did.
I seriously would not laugh at Dante if i was in a bar in Tokyo, and he entered it.

Terrutas

So, if you guys spam images of abandoning the thread and "here we go again" this'll keep the discussion...going? or?

Like what's the damn point. if you don't want to be a part of this then just don't.

This is literally spam by the way.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
At first people saw how similar he looked to the first model of DmC Dante they created, and some people hated him for it. Then he said that DMC wasn't cool any more, and some people hated him for it. Then he got into arguments/twitter bitching with some people (I hear) and some people hated him for it.

That's all I know.

I don't personally hate him (why would I? I don't know the guy). I don't think his writing skills or his studio's games are quite as amazing as CAPCOM and certain others have made them out to be but that is their fault, not his. I disagree with his views on DMC, but he'd been paid to reboot it. Was just doing his job.

If he was arguing back and forth with fans (and swearing at them) on Twitter, though, that is unprofessional, and would make me think he is not as professional as he should be.

IncarnatedDemon

And just for clarity sake:
I had Tameem's adress.

But my friend "Walk away man, walk away" (my invicible friend was holding me away).

And i was like "Nooo he disrespected Dante. Let me go man! i will kick his arse!!"

invicible friend :" Stop it man its not like u, walk away. JUST Walkaway!!!"
Me: "No man i must kick his arse for Dantes sake!!"
invicible friend :"Dante wouldnt have done that".

*me walks away*

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
But what i will blame him for is disrespecting Dante, and that he did.
I seriously would not laugh at Dante if i was in a bar in Tokyo, and he entered it.

I think what he meant was, hmm...

Okay, from your personal experience [not including cosplays] when was the last time you out in town or at a club and you saw a person in the street with different colored hair? Either blue, red, purple, now combing that same person having a different dresscode, something that made them stand out and had you look at them longer than you would someone else.

You look at Dante's hair and clothes and they're not something you'd wear everyday. Maybe you wouldn't laugh at them, but you would give them a second look and I think that's what he was talking about.

But yeah, he definitely should've phrased that a lot better @_@

IncarnatedDemon

I think what he meant was, hmm...

Okay, from your personal experience [not including cosplays] when was the last time you out in town or at a club and you saw a person in the street with different colored hair, either blue, red, purple, something that made them stand out and had you look at them longer than you would someone else.

You look at Dante's hair and clothes and they're not something you'd wear everyday. Maybe you wouldn't laugh at them, but you would give them a second look and I think that's what he was talking about.

But yeah, he definitely should've phrased that a lot better @_@
Dante is a videogame character in a videogame. He was never made to be suited for real life or for a contemporary setting in a video game.

There is basically no sign of life in DMC 1. When Trish arrives :Not a single human in sight.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
The original design is included in the unlockable rare arts on DmC, it's been posted a couple times in teh Concept Arts threads, it looks JUST like Classic Dante complete with bishounen long white hair.

Top Bottom