• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

what boss from the original games would you like rebooted?

which would you choose to reboot

• Total voters

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Make cerberus actually look threatening, and bring back phantom with all those small spiders scurrying about.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
all of them but not all at once. just one or two per game with the rest being original. a few rebooted DMC lesser demons in each game would also be a good idea.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Keep DmC the ******* away from my DMC3 bosses. They already turned a terrifying Demon lord into a freaking businessman.
I don't want to see them turn Jester into Heath Ledger

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
i think its cute how you doubt the human mind. all you need is a drop of insanity. because madness is like gravity. all you need is a little push

I'm going based off of history not a single enemy in DmC I find threatening outside the Ravanger (because chainsaws) and Dreamrunner (but its mainly creepy than threatening) and the bosses in DmC are more cool (Bob), pretty, or at times generic (Mundus) looking or straight up ugly (Poison and Spawn) to the point of humor.

Plus when there is a boss with a vagina on their face is when I can judge a person's artist vision.

The human mind is very complex but many humans tend to be very predictable or have various patterns in how they do things. NT has to yet in any of their games make something seem genuinely threatening (the only thing close is that giant robot scorpion or the final boss in Enslaved but that is mainly because its huge) but then again I doubt NT actually wants to make anything seem threatening. They usually add things for a "cool" factor.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I'm going based off of history not a single enemy in DmC I find threatening outside the Ravanger (because chainsaws) and Dreamrunner (but its mainly creepy than threatening) and the bosses in DmC are more cool (Bob), pretty, or at times generic (Mundus) looking or straight up ugly (Poison and Spawn) to the point of humor.

Plus when there is a boss with a vagina on their face is when I can judge a person's artist vision.

The human mind is very complex but many humans tend to be very predictable or have various patterns in how they do things. NT has to yet in any of their games make something seem genuinely threatening (the only thing close is that giant robot scorpion or the final boss in Enslaved but that is mainly because its huge) but then again I doubt NT actually wants to make anything seem threatening. They usually add things for a "cool" factor.

then i would guess that there ARE no more threatening villains. i don't find much scary these days but i would venture to say that the DmC demons are pretty threatening. more so than the demons in the last 2 DMC games.

DragonMaster2010

then i would guess that there ARE no more threatening villains. i don't find much scary these days but i would venture to say that the DmC demons are pretty threatening. more so than the demons in the last 2 DMC games.

The last two DMC games were more anime based, and that's pretty sad, because anime has made some creepy stuff before. But DMC can't keep up. DMC1 and DMC2 did a great job with threatening bosses, but DMC3 and 4 lacked any real threatening enemies. DmC did a better job for its grotesque appearances of some enemies, and two of their bosses.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

Threatening based on abilities, design, or overall and if so how?

DragonMaster2010

Threatening based on abilities, design, or overall and if so how?

For me its design. In terms of abilities, that's really the only thing I'd call threatening in DMC 3 and 4. As for design, I give that to DmC hands down. Of course if against DMC1, then that will be a difficult choice for me.

Top Bottom