• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are your disappointments in DmC Devil May Cry?

TheNoHeartedBeing

I decided to make a thread because there hasnt been much good threads.

Now i only have three disappointments with DmC Devil May Cry. First lack of unlockable costumes but, that's not the main disappointments let me begin.

Kat stated that they have accumulated intelligence on the demons and their collaborators such as world leaders bankers, and pop stars. Now the pop star thing caught my attention. I was hoping for a boss fight with some type of awesome sick rock star demon. Sort of like zed from lollipop chainsaw

Or maybe even a hot female pop star. I was anticipating a fight between someone but, we didnt get it. It disappointed me because Kat mentioned demons of this status but we never saw one. *sigh* oh well.

Now my third disappointment is the hunter. I wanted him to be much more than what he was. I wanted him to be a true pursuer. I wanted him to chase us through out the game. Thats what a hunter does. They chase down their prey. I wanted about at least 3 hunter boss fights each time he gets stronger. That would have showed how brutal the hunters really are. Also i wanted a boss fight to consist of fighting 3 hunters at once. Think of the stuff you can do? This is always what i had in mind. Say all 3 charges at Dante at once. Then you the player can charge up raze and wait for them to get close then boom launch all 3 hunters in the air and juggle all 3. That would have been cool.

Alright enough with my rant how about you guys. What are you disappointments with the game?

Onecrazymonkey1

I felt boss fights were too easy for me (especially Mundus) and I'm not even the best player out there.
I think they should have brought angels into the mix more. I mean, where were they other than Dante and Vergil being half breeds?
Color coded enemies >.<
I wanted a closer look at the order. Someone told me that Vergil performed experiments on demons or was supposed to originally; can't remember which. They should have showed it.
I would have liked the game to have a more dark scarier vibe to it; it feels like they cleaned it up a lot.
Vergil seems a little inconsistent to me at times (although I love the guy).

I still love the game though so I am in no way bashing it! These are just my opinions.

TheNoHeartedBeing

I felt boss fights were too easy for me (especially Mundus) and I'm not even the best player out there.
I think they should have brought angels into the mix more. I mean, where were they other than Dante and Vergil being half breeds?
Color coded enemies >_<
I wanted a closer look at the order. Someone told me that Vergil performed experiments on demons or was supposed to originally; can't remember which. They should have showed it.
I would have liked the game to have a more dark scarier vibe to it; it feels like they cleaned it up a lot.
Vergil seems a little inconsistent to me at times (although I love the guy).

I still love the game though so I am in no way bashing it! These are just my opinions.
I felt like i was playing Jak and Daxter when i was fighting mundus. It just felt so platformish. Also i know what how you feel about the order thing. Its like we should have met people inside the order. I was actually thinking before the game came out that Lady would actually be a member of the order. That would make sense because shes searching for her dad to seek revenge so what better place to hunt down demons than the order.

Also i know your not bashing the game. I love it as well :D

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
No angels whatsoever.

Vergil said they had accumulated vast intelligence... and doesen't know about Lilith carring a child?!?! Good work here, Verge...:/

And if I can reach Dante Must Die mode, then it means the game is EASY. Especially boss fights.

Vergil being inconsistent in his behaviour towards Kat.

Dante. I prefer his classic version. I understand that he had an awful past, but classic Dante too has an awful past, but at least he takes life with... humor, so to say. He is not angry. I appreciate that aspect of him.

Does the comic-like style if the cutscenes in Vergil's Downfall count?

However, I do still love the game. Just seeing the embroidery on Vergil's coat makes my day better, and Limbo is simply wonderful-looking.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Those damn color coded enemies!

I wished the game took on other aspects with "vast intelligence" like television shows (Dante cutting Snookie and the jersey shore crew to pieces cause they're demons trying to poison youth with crappy life choices? I'd be down with that.) If they could, they could even give that damn west burro church a good Dante smacking.

Vergil not doing sh!t during the main game. I mean he could have at least done something in the game.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I was wondering... could someone fix the spelling of the title, please?

Instead of saying what I'm disappointed with, I'm just going to say what I want in DmC:

Lock-on.

Royalguard.

They could have transformed the "Taunt" into a "Weapon Recovery". I say "Weapon Recovery" and not "Combo Recovery" because not every offensive move will turn into a whole combo.

Sometimes, you only have time to do just one move (and maybe do the recovery animation) before you have to dodge.

I didn't mind the fact that there weren't any taunts. I don't think they should be used as combo linkers anyway because you have to stop the action...

However, in DMC3, creating a makeshift taunt out of putting the sword back into the sheath was brilliant.

In VD, Vergil does the same thing, so I don't see why they couldn't have made that into a taunt... or at the very least, have your style meter increase. It's not slowing down the action because putting the sword away is part of the art of Iaido/Iaijutsu.

They could have done the same for Dante, as well. Dante could have just swung Rebellion around once like Vergell did in that "Arkham Boss/Jackpot" cutscene in DMC3 before putting it on his back, therefore increasing your style meter.

Dunte in DMC4 also did this at the end of the "Dance Macabre" combo.

On the side of the screen where they explain what you've done to amp up your style, they could have just put down the word, "Weapon Recovery". That would have explained the action of recovering from whatever move you were doing.

For Eryx, they could have had Dante cracking his knuckles.

For Osiris, they could have had Dante spinning the scythe over his head briefly before putting it on his back again.

For Arbiter, Dante could just forcibly pull the blade out of the ground due to the fact that it was embedded there after performing the last move.

This would probably be the only recovery animation dependent on a combo, but that would be the only exception.

Maybe during the other times, Dante would have to slowly put the weapon on his back due to it being so heavy. They could have Dante sighing in exhaustion once before having him put it back. Therefore, this would be the longest recovery animation, giving the player more style points.

I'm not going to get into 60 fps. I didn't notice a difference, so I won't put it on my wishlist.

Connected Metroidvania world:

Dante had to go back to previous levels to unlock a section that was previously inaccessible with a newly acquired Devil or Angel Arm. That screams Metroivania, right there. In my opinion, they should have expanded on that. Or at the very least, they could have made the inaccessible sections larger, giving the player more to explore.

Platforming:

I was going to ask for more variety in platforming, but do I really want some "Lords of Uncharted Shadow" nonsense in my DmC? No, not really.

I guess what I really want is to just tie the already existing platforming into the unlockable sections instead of exclusively having the weapons alone giving you access to them.

Overall, I guess I don't have that much of an issue with the platforming that's already there. I always thought that you had to copy the Prince of Persia to get good platforming in 3D, but DmC did an above-average job without relying on wall-running. I think that's the most I can ask for, under the circumstances.

That, and Vergil teleporting entire platforms closer to him is just plain sick.

Vergil can get away with almost anything, can't he?

Edit:

*skims Dragonmaster's post*

Oh yeah, no color-coded enemies. **** 'em. That's one of the other things that made VD so great.

That, and I want Vergil to have more weapons. It's a shame he only got one. :(

Force Edge (or whatever that Summoned Sword weapon was) could have been the Heavy Devil Arm, while the Greaves (Beowulf) could have been the "lightning-kick" Angel Arm.

Edit:

A mode that's much more difficult than DMD.

Edit:

RPG options; if they had Human/Angel/Demon forms, then they should have had dialogue options to match.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Wasn't there another thread like this one? I'm pretty sure it had the same name, too.

- Boss fights are simple and the Hunter is a perfect example of why. Follow along for just a second.

The Hunter is the first boss and so, like any other boss, the first time you fight him is always the hardest, you don't know the patterns or the tells yet, you don't know how its suppose to play out, and so the first time is always the most intimidating. However, once you beat the bastard is when all the troubles become apparent; this boss was meant to be a challenging when you had 1 melee and E&I, that is it. At no point did it occur to the people designing the game to make this boss really challenging beyond that point. Add more weapons, glide, and grapples and it's not that hard anymore. Basically the bosses had no long term appeal even after you unlock more difficulties.

- It really is an easy and forgiving game. People play he other games and when they get D's, C's, and sometimes even B's they get mad at the game and demand to know why when they did really well. We all know they didn't but they are use to games that are meant to be played once and then move on to something else. This game is meant to be mastered, and that should take time, but this one doesn't. I "Mastered" this game in 4 days, earned every Achievement, beat every difficulty, and unlocked just about everything in 4 days. I've never played a game that gave away Achievement like this one did. I still haven't beaten DMC1 in DMD much less DMC3, I'm still working at earning S rankings on hard mode for DMC3, I am earning those trophies, really earning them.

- Weapon designs are uninteresting, specially the gauntlets. I'm not really crazy about the rest but Eryx is the worst. E&I are straight out of Final Fantasy, Aquila is silly, so is Kablooey, and Rebellion, while interesting, is a step back from the previous one. Osiris and Arbiter are the best looking, Revenant isn't bad ether, but all in all, I am not digging on the designs.

- Kat is flat... and I'm not talking about her chest.

- It's really unbalanced. Beyond the color coded opponents you have these weirdly programmed opponents like the dreamrunners. After a while they stop been challenging an become annoying. The angel weapons are also not powerful enough and the demon weapons are too powerful.

- Vergil's fight had way too many cut scene between the action. To make things worse the stupid thing has a gimmicky retirement to win.

- Punching a bouncer who doesn't let you in is a tired cliche that was very poorly delivered here.

- Angels... I heard things about them, like that they are not as morally straight as in scripture, and I don't see any.

- Sons of Sparda. That meant something once because he was a powerful demon who beat the devil king and defended humanity and was a legend and he did charity work and taught children that only they could prevent forest fires and what not but now? He is a balding middle class 'soccer dad' who doesn't really impress so when they are now called 'Sons of Sparda' it's more of a 'sons of some uninteresting dude' so who cares?

- The story was supposed to be unparalleled in quality and it would elevate DMC to a level of storytelling would rival the literary greats... Not so much.

- I can do without the styles but I wish they'd tried harder to keep some of the moves from previous games.

- Yeah, it's great that you can switch between 9 different weapons on the fly but when you insist on making only as many weapons as you can equip I get bored. I don't mind going to the pause menu to equip a bunch more to replace the ones I have now so don't get stingy with them.

crush

My personal request is that I wanted the Hunter demon as a sort of rival demon the series always have.
It would have been more fitting if the Hunter looked like a enforcer or a cop which has blind faith to Mundus that tries to corner Dante.
The mission where Vergil shoots Lilith will be a fitting place for a bossfight.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
  • More explaination for the angels and their lack of involvement in the human world.
  • Harder boss fights. They were more like static set pieces.
  • More Dante and Vergil interaction. I mean, more where they were like brothers instead of talking about taking down Mundus.
  • More Phineas.^_^ That character was really cool, plus mysterious. I think if there was another game, he'd have more to reveal.
  • A different way to reveal Lilith having Mundus' child. It just seemed a bit odd that Phineas somehow knew, but Vergil with all his spies and information gathering didn't know. Maybe even a scene of Lilith telling Mundus and him having some sort of smug pride about it.
  • Which leads me on to his reaction over the death of his child. It would have had more impact if I'd seen some reaction/ interaction prior to Lilith being shot. Instead it's then Mundus having some kind of moral posturing with Dante about it. I did find it interesting that Mundus was placed in that position, but I think more could have been done to set up the final confrontation with Dante and his anger about his child's death.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
original.jpg

:troll:

TheNoHeartedBeing

Those damn color coded enemies!
Yeah i ****ed when i was fighting Vergil. This dude is doing judgement cut use doppleganger but, when he was cornered by that butcher he acted like he needed help lol.
I wished the game took on other aspects with "vast intelligence" like television shows (Dante cutting Snookie and the jersey shore crew to pieces cause they're demons trying to poison youth with crappy life choices? I'd be down with that.) If they could, they could even give that damn west burro church a good Dante smacking.

Vergil not doing sh!t during the main game. I mean he could have at least done something in the game.

TheNoHeartedBeing

My personal request is that I wanted the Hunter demon as a sort of rival demon the series always have.
It would have been more fitting if the Hunter looked like a enforcer or a cop which has blind faith to Mundus that tries to corner Dante.
The mission where Vergil shoots Lilith will be a fitting place for a bossfight.
Exactly I wish they would have pushed the hunter more. He could have been so much more than what he is.

Top Bottom