• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching right now?

berto

I Saw the Devil
I went to see Dune part 2 and End of Eva this week in theatres. They had an extended run of Eva but it was way too short notice so I'll not be able to attend the second rush of screenings. Fortunately, though, I will be catching Ghostbusters this weekend.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Roadhouse on amazon prime, and twisted metal on paramount.

Roadhouse was okay, give it a 6 out of 10, knox and dalton fights were the highlight. Twisted metal, i am unsure what i think of it yet at two episodes in. It does show some potential to be good though.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
All this hype about FF7 Remake sequel lately has gotten me nostalgic about the times that I would spend on long transit journeys alone and would pass the time by taking along my PSP and inserting my UMD of the Advent Children to watch as it was something I could never get tired of...despite FF7 being one of my least favourite in the franchise. Then I remembered that I got the Director's Cut of AC some time ago in a buy one get one free deal and I felt like checking out what the extra twenty-something minutes of content actually changed anything important.

All in all, I had a good time. The movie really still holds up visually, especially the designs of the monsters and whatnot. Having become a musician as an adult, I was acutely aware of how the soundtrack is used in ways that went over my head as a child. It definitely felt like the new scenes (and the extensions to pre-existing ones) weren't created for the sake of it or as an afterthought because the movie flows a heck of a lot better without the janky scene transitions that were in the original. Denzel was definitely rescued as the added backstory that more clearly explains where he came from and why I should care saved what was easily the weakest part of the original movie for me. Marlene doing a Mr.T impression (yes I know it's meant to be Barret) is now the funniest scene in all of Final Fantasy for me.

As an aside, it was also nice just to hear all the old cast in their original roles - George Newbern in particular is irreplaceable as Sephiroth in my mind.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
All this hype about FF7 Remake sequel lately has gotten me nostalgic about the times that I would spend on long transit journeys alone and would pass the time by taking along my PSP and inserting my UMD of the Advent Children to watch as it was something I could never get tired of...despite FF7 being one of my least favourite in the franchise. Then I remembered that I got the Director's Cut of AC some time ago in a buy one get one free deal and I felt like checking out what the extra twenty-something minutes of content actually changed anything important.

All in all, I had a good time. The movie really still holds up visually, especially the designs of the monsters and whatnot. Having become a musician as an adult, I was acutely aware of how the soundtrack is used in ways that went over my head as a child. It definitely felt like the new scenes (and the extensions to pre-existing ones) weren't created for the sake of it or as an afterthought because the movie flows a heck of a lot better without the janky scene transitions that were in the original. Denzel was definitely rescued as the added backstory that more clearly explains where he came from and why I should care saved what was easily the weakest part of the original movie for me. Marlene doing a Mr.T impression (yes I know it's meant to be Barret) is now the funniest scene in all of Final Fantasy for me.

As an aside, it was also nice just to hear all the old cast in their original roles - George Newbern in particular is irreplaceable as Sephiroth in my mind.
Advent Children was my intro to FF7.

I'm glad you liked the complete cut. I should get around to watching it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

I liked the concept but got bored of the first set. I'll see if I can give the next chapter another read.

I hope they collect it as a prose novel or adapt it as an anime/video game because its sounds pretty cool.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
My daughter has moved on from harry potter to the lord of the rings, has read the hobbit and the lotr trilogy

So we are watching the hobbit movies first, then tomorrow we will start lotr.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Gona go on a martial arts movie binge this week, jackie chan and jet li and donnie yen to start

Them maybe jean claude van damme, scott adkins and iko uwais and others.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium

Despite the apparent absurdity of the question, Metatron actually takes it seriously and uses his historical knowledge and factchecking to analyse the estimated population of ethnic minorities in Feudal Japan at the time, as well as debunking some of the weird claims that the article makes.

Top Bottom