• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching right now?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
The live action Aladdin film.

Still sucks balls. Terrible, awful, car crash film.

Not as bad as the live action Beauty and the Beast, but a close second.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
The live action Aladdin film.

Still sucks balls. Terrible, awful, car crash film.

Not as bad as the live action Beauty and the Beast, but a close second.
Actually, Beauty and the Beast seems like a better adaptation than Aladdin. I'm not saying it's great, but I think they nailed the replication with Beauty and the Beast. Aladdin? They changed a few scenes in there.

The cave scene is barely even recognizable.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Actually, Beauty and the Beast seems like a better adaptation than Aladdin. I'm not saying it's great, but I think they nailed the replication with Beauty and the Beast. Aladdin? They changed a few scenes in there.

The cave scene is barely even recognizable.
I'd have to respectfully disagree regarding Beauty and the Beast. But that's mostly because it's my favourite Disney animation, so I'm bound to pick holes in it.

Now Mulan, when it finally can be released, looks awesome. Because it will be nothing like the cartoon, I can enjoy it on it's own merits rather than making comparisons.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I'd have to respectfully disagree regarding Beauty and the Beast. But that's mostly because it's my favourite Disney animation, so I'm bound to pick holes in it.

Now Mulan, when it finally can be released, looks awesome. Because it will be nothing like the cartoon, I can enjoy it on it's own merits rather than making comparisons.
I can understand. I feel the same with Lion King. Not only is the art so. well. done. But the way the story is being told, except the whole "sing-a-long" trope of Disney films. (It's a pet peeve I have about Disney and their films.)

I will always choose the original Aladdin and Lion King over any of this garbage live action stuff. I love the art. Though, Beauty and the Beast... can totally be a live action film. I have some issues with it, but it's at least decent, and tolerable. For example they could've done a better job of designing Beast - everything from casting to 3D. The actress was. Eh. Okay. You could put just any brunette pretty enough to play the role. In fact, I think there would be a long line for casting the lady. Maleficent was not perfect but I feel they adapted and molded her character better than the cartoon films. Cinderella was low-effort. Eh. Jungle Book? Same criticism as Beauty and the Beast.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I liked Maleficent because it was different...I'd like to see some more origin stories of villains. Or, even better, if Disney could try some more unfamiliar tales of folklore from around the world. Anything with Baba Yaga in would be a win for me.

Currently watching The Universe and watching some stuff about black holes, which is cool

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I liked Maleficent because it was different...I'd like to see some more origin stories of villains. Or, even better, if Disney could try some more unfamiliar tales of folklore from around the world. Anything with Baba Yaga in would be a win for me.

Currently watching The Universe and watching some stuff about black holes, which is cool
Yes, yes! I agree.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020

I'm not an Uncharted fan but its fun watching them talk about it.
You should play the games. It's basically what you'd expect from a Indiana Jones game.

I just watched the "Sonic The Hedgehog" movie. So. Good. Better than I expected. Hopefully, the same team does the sequel.

Top Bottom