• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching right now?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Last week I saw Pirates of the Carribean 5 Dead Men Tell no Tales. It was fun but passable.

I saw this comedy Mom Dad meet Sam which is about a Nigerian man Josiah introducing his white British girlfriend to his parents. Its a fun look at a tricky topic but they don't always nail that balance. The last act is pretty weak.

Mudbound is a harrowing look at two poor families (1 white 1 black) in Mississipi before and after WW2. Great film but not for the faint of heart.

I saw Victoria and Abdul on Friday and Dame Judi Dench owns the screen. Based of a period in Queen Victoria's life where she had an indian servant as an advisor in her affairs. The movie does a good job on selling you her sincerity and interest in indian culture. The indian servant and her royal cabinet are one dimensional but they are fun to watch.

I saw Yokai Watch which is attempting to be this generation's pokemon. It's about a boy who finds a watch that could allow him to see yokai (creatures from japanese folklore) that can have a negative effect on humans. The show's mainly about him interacting with these spirits and dealing with them throughout his daily life. Its a fun concept and I would have dug it as a kid. It doesn't keep my interest for very long as an adult and they could do more with the concept.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Since I have every season of Power Rangers on DVD I've decided to watch every episode from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers up to the last episode of PR Dino Super Charge. So far I'm a few episodes short of finishing Season 1 of MMPR and so far my thoughts are, Jason is awesome, Scorpina is hot, and Tommy (as Green Ranger) is forgetable. But the DragonZord is boss!

Finishing up my watch of "Denji Sentai Megaranger" as well. Miku is adorable and God this show gives me the feels!

Rurouni Kenshin (Live action movie 1) was fantastic. Just (licks lips) good. Stop what you're doing and go watch it now. Like right now.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
About to start rewatching Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. Considering watching The Magicians, but, considering an rper I don't really get along with has kinda ruined one of the characters for me, I'm not sure I want to do that to myself.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I wonder if people's opinion of TLJ will change by the time Episode IX comes out....

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Been getting back into Supernatural over the past few weeks. Didn't re-start right from the beginning, but for seasons 4-8, I kind of just episode hopped until I got to where I left off a few years ago on Season 9. Been kind of binging it since. Forgot how addictive this show is. O_O

Also, screw Netflix for getting rid of "the road so far" and general recap parts. :/

V

Oldschool DMC fan
The Belko Experiment (what's with all the Battle Royale rip offs lately? The Circle, as well) 3/5
Silence 5/5 (fairly historically sound, gruelling and thought provoking)
Paterson 4/5
1922 3.5/5
Sorcerer (enjoyed it more than The Wages of Fear, blasphemy I suppose. Some excellent sequences of tension in this one) 4/5

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I just finished the Alienist on TNT.

It's based on the 1994 novel of the same name. It focuses on the murder of a child prostitute in the so called Gilded age of america.

I read the sequel Angel of Darkness back in high school so I was curious how it shakes up.

Top Bottom