• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Good luck, Shadow! You'll do fine. :thumbsup:
Good luck. :thumbsup:

Thankies to you both. ^^ It went alright. Well, actually, it went good, but I'm so tired and achey, oh my gods. x_x -cleaned every single room- Still, money is mine! Mwahahah! Also, I got some ice cream as payment, too, so...that helps. >_> Pirate time!

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Higher productivity as of late=a happy Rebel.

Well, a mostly happy Rebel. I've been feeling some ambivalence; it seems the closer I get to the end of WoN, the stronger those mixed feelings get. o_O

Well, time to make sure I have everything I want for the final chapters and their outlines done up. I estimate 6 chapters or fewer to go. Then I can take a few weeks off (it'll probably take me a couple more months before I'm done--but hey, planning ahead), recuperate, and after that...the real work begins. :dead:

Lani

So someone on 4chan has a screenshot that supposedly says Nero is a failed experiment of Vergil.This screenshot is so small you cant really make out what it says.This is clearly bull. Do people not remember dino Vergil?o_O

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
The "15 Most Badass Swords in Game History" article by Gamespot is full of sh!t.

The Keyblade? How is that badass? Looks so stupid.

You include Rebellion from DMC, but show a picture of DmC's Rebellion. Wut?

The Time Dagger? Hmmm yeah good choice... if it was a sword.

*facepalm*

Viper

Premium
The "15 Most Badass Swords in Game History" article by Gamespot is full of sh!t.

The Keyblade? How is that badass? Looks so stupid.

You include Rebellion from DMC, but show a picture of DmC's Rebellion. Wut?

The Time Dagger? Hmmm yeah good choice... if it was a sword.

*facepalm*
That article looks like someone googled swords in video games and quickly picked 15. They even mention Raiden twice, not realizing the sword he had in MGS2 and the one from MGR are both high-frequency blades, the latter one was just an updated version.
Yeah, and Keyblade is iconic, but certainly not badass.

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
Sigh my allergies are kicking my but. Sigh Just want it to stop. Also I've been doing a lot of idea writing and hope to start writing something, but uhg...feel sick. I want soup.

ArabPikachu

Do people not remember dino Vergil?

I just looked up "dino vergil" on Google Images when you mentioned it.

On another note, hearing you say the word "dino" alongside the name of a Capcom character reminded me of Dino Crisis:laugh:

Last edited:

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Well, this is true:
"If they make her the guardian role (Gladio being the female) then rather than “I became enamored with friendship and that’s why I protect the prince,“ which is Gladio’s backstory, no matter how they wrote that, fans, especially in the West, are going to read that as romance. Japan has a lot more series that focus on friendship over love and typically, Western audience jump on that for shipping"

Japanese give more importance to friendship than romantic love( I n fact japanese seldom uses the word "ai" a lot and "koi" rarely.). But in West, if a boy and a girl are close friends , or even acquaintances at all, there is immediately shipping.Bah!

I'm the only one that gives a ****if the the person/ character in question is a male or female?!

Viper

Premium
Well, this is true:
"If they make her the guardian role (Gladio being the female) then rather than “I became enamored with friendship and that’s why I protect the prince,“ which is Gladio’s backstory, no matter how they wrote that, fans, especially in the West, are going to read that as romance. Japan has a lot more series that focus on friendship over love and typically, Western audience jump on that for shipping"

Japanese give more importance to friendship than romantic love( I n fact japanese seldom uses the word "ai" a lot and "koi" rarely.). But in West, if a boy and a girl are close friends , or even acquaintances at all, there is immediately shipping.Bah!

I'm the only one that gives a ****if the the person/ character in question is a male or female?!
If a boy and a girl/boy/dog/robot are close, there will be fans who will see romance in it, and these days it's actually harder to see who does it more - west or Japan. Poor Gladio will not escape that fate, regardless of gender. XD

But yeah, there are certain tropes and expectations they think they will be able to avoid with this. It's just a different approach after focusing on female lead didn't bring such good results, and yet they awoke the western dragon.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
FF15 having an all male cast. This person has the best explanation for what the director was most probably trying to say. (see last reply)
Funny how an all female cast of FF X-2 didn't bother them.

@KRSkull
Thanks, couldn't stay away for long, too addicted. XD
I still think what he said is rather stupid.

It's a video game, you can make the characters act however you want them to act. And despite what rom coms told him, boys and girls can be friends on that kind of platonic level too.

You want to just tell a story of the traveling K-Pop group of bros broing around, fine. Just don't claim it's because you think it's a way for all genders to feel more comfortable. Plus, he shouldn't act like it's some kind of new or revolutionary type of storytelling.

As for FF X-2, they all female cast spent most of the game half naked, and the combat system literally revolved around dressing them up like barbies.

Top Bottom