• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
thinking about this whole marvel/sony fiasco. i wonder if the amazing spider-man came out 5 years later than it did, would people be more accepting of it? because reboots are hated already by most people. but more fuel was added to the fire by having it come out so close to the last spider-man movie. so...EURIKA! the reason people are so damn hard on the amazing spider-man movies is because there was no breathing room between them and the classic trilogy.
and in other news, marvel has decided to not only cancel the fantastic four book series, but cut them from the marvel comic universe completely because they don't want to "advertise a movie that isn't theirs". whether the movie sucks or not, getting rid of the fantastic four because they won't give you the film rights back...? marvel i swear to god, i will punch you in the jaw if you decide to cancel x-men and spider-man next.

Viper

Premium
Just read an article that Ghostbusters' reboot is going to have women in star roles. I guess this is the new trend, recycling popular old ideas, just making them politically correct.
God forbid they actually come up with something new and not push these women in shadow of their predecessors.
Oh well....

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
Ah, had a good breakfast. :3 Now that my belly is full and happy it is time to continue writing! I have to get out of this depressing state of mind. Just because things are not gong as planned that does not mean I should stop writing. :3 Also what kinda snakes should I have for afternoon tea? :/ hmm.... good question.....Nutella on toast? YES ! Nom. =3

Anyways on to writing. ;3

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Thought about starting up MGS3 again, but then I realized I've already done everything in it. Got all of the achievements except the one that wants me to shoot all Kerotans... because f%*# that. I sneaked, I shot... I even got the best camo that almost eliminates the need to go stealthy. I think I'm just impatient for MGSV.

Last edited:

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Just read an article that Ghostbusters' reboot is going to have women in star roles. I guess this is the new trend, recycling popular old ideas, just making them politically correct.
God forbid they actually come up with something new and not push these women in shadow of their predecessors.
Oh well....
they've been saying a new ghost busters movie is "officially" off the ground and ready to roll for years now. especially since dan akroyd is the only one willing to stick to the project, i wouldn't look too deep into this one.
but yes. people feel the need to make women or minorities extra acknowledged in reboots/remakes/rehashes. getting pretty old hollywood

Viper

Premium
they've been saying a new ghost busters movie is "officially" off the ground and ready to roll for years now. especially since dan akroyd is the only one willing to stick to the project, i wouldn't look too deep into this one.
but yes. people feel the need to make women or minorities extra acknowledged in reboots/remakes/rehashes. getting pretty old hollywood
Considering this was a statement from a freshly hired director, after the first one quit, and the script is still in the writing stage... yeah, I ain't holding my breath. XD

I have a feeling Hollywood got old ages ago, it's just hard to see the wrinkles under all that glitter.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Considering this was a statement from a freshly hired director, after the first one quit, and the script is still in the writing stage... yeah, I ain't holding my breath. XD

I have a feeling Hollywood got old ages ago, it's just hard to see the wrinkles under all that glitter.
By Paul Feig. So I know Melissa Mcarthy is all but confirmed. :grumpy:

This is stupid. I don't mind having a few female Ghostbusters, but an all female cast for just the sake of it by this guy is a no go for me. I can promise you he will just turn Ghostbusters in to some "lipstick comedy" with a lot of gender based humor. Ghostbuster was never about that.

It was just normal people who had a Ghostbusting job played straight like it was a natural profession line an exterminator or something. Plus, with Ramis dead and Murray not even interested, this is just all been eh.

Dan, I love him, but he's the only one interested and aboard Ghostbusters 3. He's the heart of Ghostbusters, but what's a heart without a body? Just a big ol heart.

It should be a soft reboot with the original guys taking a back seat to act as mentors for a new generation. A new generation of Ghostbusters probably including people like:
-James Franco
-Paul Rudd
-Seth Rogen
-Jason Sugekis
-Emma Stone
-Tina Fey
-Betty White
-Zak Efron
-Bradley Cooper

I don't know, just to name a few. Some people who can be funny in comedies and have good chemistry. A great group dynamic.

Ghostbusters is one of my favorite films of all time. All the news I keep hearing about it is just insufferable.

Viper

Premium
When someone says fanfiction we think of teenage girls pouring their heart and soul on paper to create their own adventure with favorite characters, but I just realized fanfiction is ancient and was popular long before internet.

Greek mythology... every region had it's own myth surrounding popular gods, meaning one or more people in each region sat down and came up with a story that starred their favorite. Fanfiction.

Terms like Mary Sue/Gary Stu, self-insertions and like are commonly connected to fanfiction.

There is this literary work called Winnetou, written by Karl May in early 20th century, very popular in Europe. Herr May was far from a teenage girl, in fact he was an adult male at the time sitting in jail for fraud. Interestingly, despite the series being set in Wild West, the guy never set foot on that continent, just apparently had a lot of interest for the Native American culture. Also, the two main characters are blatant Gary Stus, with Old Shatterhand being the king of all self-insertions.

So, yeah... fanfiction... a very old and popular hobby.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
So I went to go buy a friend some Microsoft points for his new Xbox and the store had one of the old "1600 points" cards out, so I grabbed it and tried to buy it. Well the card wouldn't activate and I had to go find another one. This wouldn't have been a problem if only all the other cards weren't $6 more and the store wasn't already charging me for the first card. Friggen' ridiculous. It's not my fault they had one of the old cards out, so why am I being penalized? Is it a bad thing to buy from stores now? Tch, get real, guys. *pokes store*

+ So glad I have my coffee shake right now. *slurps loudly**goes to play some Batman and chill out*

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I just spent 30 minutes making a birthday banner for my sister and then discovered that I'd somehow glued it to the desk:facepalm: Typical me.:rolleyes:

It's one of those days, right? x_x

Thinking:
My best run ever against Deathstroke and the game freezes immediately after. OTL I guess I'll....just have to do it over again. =D Yay, more time to look at Slade. :inlove: I fight worse when I can see his face.... *headdesks*

ArabPikachu

One bad thing I could note about my mother?
(I got this question because I listed her as my role model.)

Well, she was quick to turn to violence whenever we had an argument.

I say "was" because when I hit puberty, she saw I had no problem just grabbing her wrists or wrenching any weapon out of her hands to stop her from hitting me.
There's an abundance of situations where people have suffered violence at the hands of their mom (although it's been underreported by the mainstream media)

Top Bottom