• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Finished Deadpool (that game is freaking crazy LOL), and now I'm into Sleeping Dogs. One hour of playthrough right now, and so far, I'm really enjoying it. Hong Kong is portrayed beautifully, and it looks an alive city; combat is kinda similar to Batman Arkham, but here you got kung-fu moves instead of Batman's ninjutsu, and environmental kills are awesome! Animations in general are really good; graphics is enjoyable too, really nice, and the story seems interesting, which blends into gameplay with that cop and triad trust system, kinda like SC Double Agent. The only flaw I found so far is that controls responsiveness in combat feel a little bit "rigid" compared to the Batman games, but nothing serious. That's all I can say right now, I'll see how the story progresses and how many things you can do in the map, cause we all know that the major risk for a sandbox is being too repetitive.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Still actively playing Dark Souls II and Ys: Memories of Celceta occasionally. Just defeated Skeleton Lords, Scorpioness Najka, Covetous Demon, Mytha The Baneful Queen, Smelter Demon, Old Iron King, and Royal Rat Authority.

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
A good open world game is one where, after finishing one side mission, you see another off in the distance, and it's a big chain of doing side objectives and random encounters.

Games like Shadow of Mordor and inFAMOUS 2 are these kinds of games.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
A good open world game is one where, after finishing one side mission, you see another off in the distance, and it's a big chain of doing side objectives and random encounters.

Games like Shadow of Mordor and inFAMOUS 2 are these kinds of games.

I heard that Shadow of Mordor is kinda repetitive, and there's little content outside of the Nemesis system. What can you tell me about it? I'm saving my money for The Witcher 3, but I was kinda hyped for SoM too, so I'll buy it only if it's really worth it.

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
I heard that Shadow of Mordor is kinda repetitive, and there's little content outside of the Nemesis system. What can you tell me about it? I'm saving my money for The Witcher 3, but I was kinda hyped for SoM too, so I'll buy it only if it's really worth it.

If you had to pick between them, you should probably just get Witcher 3.

SoM does have a really deep upgrade system, though. It has those kind of upgrades were you think "where am I going to be using this?"

Like in Borderlands, when there's just "WHEN YOU RELOAD, EVERY (element) SHOT GOES 3.4% FASTER."

And you're just stuck thinking "wowthat'suseful."

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
If you had to pick between them, you should probably just get Witcher 3.

SoM does have a really deep upgrade system, though. It has those kind of upgrades were you think "where am I going to be using this?"

Like in Borderlands, when there's just "WHEN YOU RELOAD, EVERY (element) SHOT GOES 3.4% FASTER."

And you're just stuck thinking "wowthat'suseful."

Yeah I'll surely get TW3. That game seems superbe and magnificent in nearly every aspect! Hopefully it will set new standards in RPGs just like TW2 did.

Top Bottom