• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

We're gonna interview Tim Phillipps (DmC Dante voice actor) - submit your questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Also, just to note, his last name is spelled Phillipps, with two p's. Just to avoid misunderstandings. ^^
What a twit I am. Can't believe I let that mistake slip by me. Anywho, it's been amended now.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'll just say, keep in mind the guy is an actor, he's not exactly privy to the game's technical development side like what weapons Dante may have gotten. That's a lot of behind-the-scenes work that he wasn't part of, sorta like an actor not really knowing everything that the set and prop departments went through in a movie >.< Try to ask questions pertaining to Tim's actual job as an actor.

That said - QUESTIONS!

- I too would like to know; how Tim got the role of Dante?
- What did Tim do to prepare for his role, studying up on Dante or footage from the games, if anything?
- If you did study the older character, did you try to emphasize certain traits from him in your potrayal of the new character?
- What was your favorite scene overall, be it action, humor, dramatic?
- Did you get to see any footage of what your character does during gameplay, and was there anything you particularly liked or thought was really cool?
- What does it feel like to pretty much be immortalized in an interactive medium, where players can make you do super cool stuff?
- Were there any challenging lines, or ones that took you a while to get down?
- Did they ever put a game controller in your hands to play a bit of the game you were working on?
- During development, were you aware of the heavy criticism the game had garnered from Devil May Cry fans? If so, did it add any sort of pressure to your work?

Salthanath

I'm not Grade S, But I'm no Grade D Either
There's been, to say the least a lot of hate to the new DmC. Personally I love the series and the new one from what I've played.

As for the questions.

The scene with the Secret Ingredient (Aka Boss Fight.) There was to say the least quite a lot of vulgar language, it made me laugh quite a bit actually because I found it humorous, was there any difficulty in getting that scene right without going to crazy about it?

What was it like as being the voice actor of Dante? I know most people would dream of having such an offer, were there any difficulties about getting his sarcastic yet somewhat serious attitude right and what did you love about it?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
How did it feel saying so many F bombs?

What was your favorite part of being Dante?

How did it feel wearing a mod cap suit?

Were you sent hurtful messages by fans for being the new Dante?

Did you have to have formal training on how to use a sword for Dante?

Did you ever do one of those training montages for Dante's movements?

Do find yourself sometimes dressing as Dante?

Have you played the game? and if so, how was it for you?

Was it difficult talking in an American accent?

Did you look to Reuben Langdon for advice on playing Dante?

Krynn

I know that Softimage XSI was used in DMC4- what software package did Ninja Theory use for DmC? Were there any in-house programs utilized at all?

What was it like working with Giant Studios? Have you done much performance capture before, or even just mocap?

berto

I Saw the Devil
I know that Softimage XSI was used in DMC4- what software package did Ninja Theory use for DmC??
How would he know any of that? Actor, not animator nor modeler nor programer. We can ask that to NT if you really wanna know.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Ok, Timmy, I got a few questions for ya'.
What's it like been a tool, you tool. Can you really make a carrer out of been a tool!??

I kidding, by the way. Here are the real questions:
-Tell us about yourself, your acting history.
-Do you have any prior voice acting or video game experience?
-Are you a gamer? Had you ever heard of the Devil May Cry franchise before starting this project?
-When did you sign up for this project?
-What was the hardest part of this project for you?
-300 or Gladiador?
-Elvis or the Beattles?
-Was that head piece you guys had to wear for face cap heavy?
-If you could spank ether of your female co-stars who would it be?
-If you could spank any of your male co-stars who would it be?
-Did you and the cast get to put in any input into the plot, story, or even dialougue?
-Favorite artist, favorite musician, faforate writer, favorite actor, favorite movie?
-If a train leaves San Diego at 3am heading towards LA at 200mph and the express train from San Fransisco to San Diego leaves at 1:45am at a speed of 235.4mph which will reach it's destination first?
-Do you get recognized on the street?
-If you had a chance to do it over again would you change anything?

DragonMaster2010

Ok, Timmy, I got a few questions for ya'.
What's it like been a tool, you tool. Can you really make a carrer out of been a tool!??

I kidding, by the way. Here are the real questions:
-Tell us about yourself, your acting history.
-Do you have any prior voice acting or video game experience?
-Are you a gamer? Had you ever heard of the Devil May Cry franchise before starting this project?
-When did you sign up for this project?
-What was the hardest part of this project for you?
-300 or Gladiador?
-Elvis or the Beattles?
-Was that head piece you guys had to wear for face cap heavy?
-If you could spank ether of your female co-stars who would it be?
-If you could spank any of your male co-stars who would it be?
-Did you and the cast get to put in any input into the plot, story, or even dialougue?
-Favorite artist, favorite musician, faforate writer, favorite actor, favorite movie?
-If a train leaves San Diego at 3am heading towards LA at 200mph and the express train from San Fransisco to San Diego leaves at 1:45am at a speed of 235.4mph which will reach it's destination first?
-Do you get recognized on the street?
-If you had a chance to do it over again would you change anything?

The hell kinda questions are you asking him?:blink:

sabre1222

Is dante the type of guy that disagrees with what you said but does it later.
Is dante hollow inside and is trying to fill the emptiness by doing things to keep his mind out of focus from his emotions?
Dante says some pretty cool things in the game, could you use any of his one liners in real life.( for me i would use "come on down guys, lets get VIOLENT!" if some guys were two floors up ready for a fight.) what would be your line?
Did you have any freedom to change any of the lines dante says and negotiate about what you think would suit dante better?

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I have some several questions for Tim, though I doubt they will ever be asked (lulz)

1. What are your opinions on the previous series, and do you think the new DmC will be able to live up to its legendary past?
2. How do you feel about the new Dante, and do you think that he will grow into a more mature character?
3. Did you enjoy being Dante, and if so what was your favorite moment of the game?
4. Do you plan on actually playing the game?
5. Did capcom send you a special version of the game as thanks, or were they jackasses and not send you anything?

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Answers are easy, it's finding the right questions is hard.
Forgive me if I ask any questions already asked, I'm lazy.
What did he have for breakfast today?
....that's all I got.

DragonMaster2010

I have some several questions for Tim, though I doubt they will ever be asked (lulz)

1. What are your opinions on the previous series, and do you think the new DmC will be able to live up to its legendary past?
2. How do you feel about the new Dante, and do you think that he will grow into a more mature character?
3. Did you enjoy being Dante, and if so what was your favorite moment of the game?
4. Do you plan on actually playing the game?
5. Did capcom send you a special version of the game as thanks, or were they jackasses and not send you anything?

God, that avatar!:D

EllDawn

I guess my main question would be, what was the hardest scene to get through? For any reason. I know there are lines that just seem impossible, someone keeps laughing for no real reason or the emotion is either hard to get or overwhelming.

Railazel

1. If you could live out any of the moments in DmC, what would that moment be?

2. If you had the choice of getting your @$$ whooped by any of the characters (besides Dante), who would it be?

Krynn

How would he know any of that? Actor, not animator nor modeler nor programer. We can ask that to NT if you really wanna know.

Some actors take interest in that sort of thing, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to post a question about it. 'Sides, it's not like it's gonna get picked for use in the interview anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom