• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

We're gonna interview Tim Phillipps (DmC Dante voice actor) - submit your questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Hi gang,

So, last night I cheekily went and fired off a quick tweet over to the devilishly handsome Tim Phillipps, voice actor and mocop dude of Dante in DmC: Devil May Cry, to see if he might be free to answer a handful of questions. And being as awesome sauce as he is, he said he'd be up for it:

Here's where you guys come in: I'd love it if y'all could submit those burning questions (remember: be excellent to each other [and not a douche], as the great Bill S. Preston, Esq. once spoke) and I'll forward on the most 'Liked' ones to Phillipps to hopefully be answered.

We'll accept questions up until Saturday, January 19, 2013. This should allow plenty of time for everyone to get their hands on a copy of the game, get acquainted with it, and think up some juicy questions.

We managed to generate tons of interest with our fan question-submitted interview with Ninja Theory last year, and it'd be great to see if we can generate the same level of buzz this time around too. Cheers guys!

tl;dr: we're going to interview the new Dante. Post questions and 'Like' your favorites to better ensure that they're given a chance of making it into the list.

Breaking8ad

i am the danger, i am the one who knocks!!
well here are a few questions everyone wants answers to.
1. is vergil's dick really bigger?
2. how did it feel wearing a mocap suit?
3. did you have to wear a wig for the dmc 3 outfit and if it hasnt come out already, when will it?
4. was it cool meeting the voice actors of mundus and lillith?
5. is tameem as awesome as he sounds?

ZeroLove

I would like to know...
- What does he think/feel about Dante as a character in DmC: Devil May Cry?
- What does he think/feel about the original series?
- What has his thoughts been about the DMC fanbase reaction to the new DmC?
- How was it to work with the team on this game?
- Did he actually pose nude for the opening scene, and if so, could we get pictures? ;P

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
id like to know:
-what he felt about dantes characterisation through the story,did he become more mature? more laid back?
-how did he get in the mind set to play as dante?. did he play any of the past games?, or did he just eat mass amounts of pizza?

ZeroLove

Also, just to note, his last name is spelled Phillipps, with two p's. Just to avoid misunderstandings. ^^

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
Could u ask him that if he had been given the choice to portray either old Dante or new Dante, which would he have chosen.

Tiran

The great pretender.
What was your familiarity with the series prior to your work on this game?/ Have you played any of the prior games?

What's your favorite incarnation of Dante in any of the prior games and did you take any inspiration from any of them?

Did you take any inspiration for your portrayal of Dante from any other sources?

Are you a gamer/ what are your favorite games?/ what games are you looking forward to?

What was your instruction and direction on the portrayal of Dante and what traits were you told specifically to express in this character?

What ideas did you add to the character or story yourself?

Was there ever any improvisational acting or dialog on your or any of the other actors' part?

How was the game/ character originally pitched to you?

How would you describe Dante? How do you relate to him?

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
  1. Were there any funny moments on set that you had with other actors or the team?
  2. What is your most favorite line/scene that you said/performed in for DmC?
  3. Was it difficult getting into the role of Dante, and do you see any of his character in you?
  4. Which would you prefer most, pizza, or a strawberry sundae? :)
  5. If you were pulled into Limbo and you could only pick one of Dante's weapons to fight the demons, which would it be and why?

YamatoDownfall

Do you think that Dante should have gotten Greaves (armored leggings/kicking weapons) to go along with your punching weapons (Eryx gauntlets)?

And if not, don't you think Vergil should have gotten the armored leggings (since his fighting style requires some kicking), anyway?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
1. Would you want to play Dante again? Can you come up with new ideas to make him grow mature?
2. How would you make some people happy into liking the new DmC more?

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
Is it weird when you see yourself as Dante doing crazy stuff in the game like banging strippers and throwing bottles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom