• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Well look at that...

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Did Dante know Nero was Vergil's son?

If I'm not mistaken (been a while since I played DMC4) but I recall Dante saying something along the line of how the Yamato has to "stay within the family" shortly before he tells Nero he can just keep it. Also there is the other things that are right in front of Dante's eyes such as Nero having white hair, being a descendant of Sparda, and his DT bearing a resemblance to Vergil's, so yea I'm 100% sure he knows.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
If I'm not mistaken (been a while since I played DMC4) but I recall Dante saying something along the line of how the Yamato has to "stay within the family" shortly before he tells Nero he can just keep it.

Actually he tells Nero that when he challenged him to a fight to get it back. When he defeats Nero, he lets him keep Yamato so Nero can use it to save Kyrie.

However, part of the reason may have been that he sensed Nero had something in common with Vergil when he used his Devil Trigger.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Actually he tells Nero that when he challenged him to a fight to get it back. When he defeats Nero, he lets him keep Yamato so Nero can use it to save Kyrie.

However, part of the reason may have been that he sensed Nero had something in common with Vergil when he used his Devil Trigger.

Ok here is the video, check around the 2:06 mark.

He says exactly "It's got to stay within the family" and then Nero says he needs and and Dante says just to keep it, but my point is that family line means something considering Dante said it AFTER explaining how dangerous and important its power is and still just tells Nero he can keep it, that pretty much confirms in my opinion that he knows Nero's true parentage.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wouldn't mind a Telltale series based on DmC/DMC. I'm curious to see what kind of story they could come up within the franchise. I liked some of what the light novels brought to the table so i wouldn't mind if that makes a comeback

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
He says exactly "It's got to stay within the family" and then Nero says he needs and and Dante says just to keep it

I know. My point is that he let him keep it because he saw how desperate Nero is to go rescue his beloved.

But yeah, as I said, it may be that he also sensed Vergil's blood in him as well. Guess we can't know for sure.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I know. My point is that he let him keep it because he saw how desperate Nero is to go rescue his beloved.

Yea but the only thing that goes against that for me is that before he tells Nero to keep it AFTER explaining just how important and dangerous it is and how it should stay within the family, does not seem like Dante would say such things and then just let the kid have it on a whim, those words he used before he gave it to Nero meant something and I doubt it was simply he thought Nero was just desperate and let him have it given its importance and emphasis on family etc.

But nothing is confirmed, this is all subjective really.

RadiantWolf

Conlige suspectos semper habitos.
I would certainly welcome old school Dante's return, especially since he is one of my favorite video game characters. I really want a DMC 5 but I admit to feeling a bit sad about that.

DmC : Devil May Cry was, to me, not really a Devil May Cry title. It didn't scratch that itch for me. It was still fun, though, and the characters were interesting enough that I wouldn't mind seeing more of them. DmC deserved to exist. I just wish it was its own IP so I could have it and the original series BOTH continue their stories. Maybe we'll get both... Somehow I doubt it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I would play the heckies out of that. Not sure how they'd swing it storywise, but I still would.
the 2nd light novel had a device that allowed Dante to travel to another timeline so i think you could bring that back or create something similar.

RadiantWolf

Conlige suspectos semper habitos.
the 2nd light novel had a device that allowed Dante to travel to another timeline so i think you could bring that back or create something similar.

...Does that mean we'd get Beryl? I would be aces with Beryl in a game.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
...Does that mean we'd get Beryl? I would be aces with Beryl in a game.
Sure. The appeal of alternate universe is seeing how a character would fare under different circumstances so you could have both versions interacting with each other. I wanted to use Dante's partner from the first light novel but you could use Beryl or Alice etc.

That's something i wanted to do with a Bayonetta x DMC tale. You could have the Umbran/Lucian turn out differently in Dante's timeline and go from there. So Dante and Bayonetta are curious about the differences and similiarities.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Yea but the only thing that goes against that for me is that before he tells Nero to keep it AFTER explaining just how important and dangerous it is and how it should stay within the family, does not seem like Dante would say such things and then just let the kid have it on a whim,
Actually that seems like something Dante WOULD do. He's obviously aware of Nero's abilities and notices the similarities to Nero and himself in appearance, but I feel Dante would've trusted Yamato with him whether he were related or not. Because he could see how much Nero wanted to stop all the mess happening in his city and also saw that he had the skills to do it. If Nero were just human, Dante probably would've taken the sword.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
It would be funny if DmC Nero is better recieved than DMC Nero.
Y'know, I could actually see that happening if they made him distinct enough from Dante and gave him a good character arc. Maybe a young demon hunter who's fanatically hunting down demons and is friends with Dante until he realises Dante's true nature and then begins to question the beliefs that he had instilled within him.

Hmm...did I just kinda describe a better version of Credo? :tongue:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Ash.

Rather than Adachi, patterning Nero after Sho would be my choice:whistle:.

I'm curious on how they will handle the cast of DMC2.

Top Bottom