• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Was that the real Eva?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Exactly! But then, couldn't it be both?
You mean it would be the real Eva, but still a test. Yep, I'm going to go with that. But I still wonder how she got there? If we knew whether it was 'real' hell or a hell of Vergil's making, or the doppelganger's making, it would make it easier to know.

If it was real hell, then I guess Eva would be there as punishment for being with Sparda. So, that would mean Sparda was there too somewhere also being punished.

Also, if it is real hell, are Mundus and Lilith there too somewhere? They died, so where did they go? :/ The again, I guess it wouldn't make much sense for the king of hell to be punished in hell:p Or would it.....>_<

Zilla

The inFAAMous
It was interesting seeing her as an actual in-game model. Up until then she was only a ghostly figure during Mission 2 for a brief segment. Nowhere near as beautiful as her portrait makes her out to be though, classic Facebook profile pic syndrome.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
The name of the first mission describes what the whole DLC is pretty well. It's Vergil's personal hell.
I mean you see Vergil die in front of Eva's grave, his soul drops into hell where he awakens and is tormented by hellish versions of Kat and Dante a.k.a his personal hell.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
Could it be similar to naruto? Where his parents spirits were sealed within him? And should his heart become corrupted they try to save him. But we all saw how that went.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Could it be similar to naruto? Where his parents spirits were sealed within him? And should his heart become corrupted they try to save him. But we all saw how that went.
Interesting! That would then mean that Dante has Sparda

IncarnatedDemon

My interpretation of the event is that:
Vergil died in Limbo. He lost his body somehow.

And then Limbo created a illusion world where it corrupted Vergil.

In other words: Dobbelganger was a manifestation of Limbo's conscious.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
No, Eva is dead. Vergil is losing his mind and is pretty much casting away any emotional ties he may have. Eva represents the final nail in that coffin. Walking away from Eva and showing he doesn't care that he hurt her shows this cold and heartless Vergil won the battle and this is who he is from now on.

8BitHero

Scrub
Vergils Downfall takes place in Vergils head.
He faints on the grave and then has his mental journey. In order to confront his demons he fills the gaps in the heart. In other words, in order to regain control of your own (heart) life, you have to take away those who are staining it.
Take away Dante, the one who betrayed you.
Take away Kat who also betrayed you
Confront your mother who favoured Dante
Finally defeat and absorb your darker self to find out who you really are and what you're capable off. You're heart is NOW yours with no part of it dedicated to Dante, Kat, Eva or your darkest desires.

Once he completes his rebirth, he awakens with his new power. I'm pretty sure that's what it's about. It's a Vergils Awakening you could say.

So was it the real Eva? No but a mental block holding him back that he had to over come to unless his true power. This Vergil is still very similar to the old Vergil in that they lust for power. "Might controls everything", "I need more power", "I'm motivated" etc etc.

Mandy Cheung

Mszeta006
I tend to believe that Eva is the imagination in Vergil's head. May be the reason she didn't turn into a demon look is that she's an angel so it's too hard to "demonize" her in image?
Also, after Vergil killed the fake Dante, he was holding his amulet like it really physically existed which means he was in a crafted world (by doppelganger or his mind), and the Eva he encountered did not question and just directly accepted that amulet was real.

Anyway, this is just what I think, there can still be a plenty of area for interpretation, most of the above interpretations sound reasonable to me too, but saying Eva is real or fake is fine, as this unfilial Vergil don't care his mother anymore.:/

Avenged Sorrow

Dark Slayer
It's like you didn't even play the game. He collapses in front of the grave in the beginning and comes back up in the end. It's obvious that all those 6 missions were in his head.
But at the end you see him leading the army of demons , them all mostly being the new ones from the DLC which would be in his head

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
But at the end you see him leading the army of demons , them all mostly being the new ones from the DLC which would be in his head

Good point there. All I can say about that is he finally got fully in touch with his demon side and the other demons acknowledged him after he woke up with his new found power. At least that is what I hope :)

Jerry Wirerammer

IMO, that wasn't the real Eva but rather Vergil's good/angelic side struggling to survive. Whereas Hollow/Doppel was the evil/demon side trying to take over.
I like to think that the whole DLC happens in his head, too. It just makes more sense to me.

That was my interpretation too. His Angelic side is overwhelmed by his demonic side, imprisoned if you will. He has the chance to redeem himself but he turns his back on everything good about himself.

Breaking8ad

i am the danger, i am the one who knocks!!
But you are forgetting the fact that when the hell gate was closed, limbo collapsed into the real world and demons began attacking humans. Meaning all of limbo, including the demons Vergil encountered in his past and present (which were also present in his mind) were now apart of the real world.

It's safe to assume that Vergil has encountered all the demons in his mind before. Because everything else he has encountered before. The house, the subways, his own heart. All of these including the doorways he used to get to each ones have all been something apart of his mind, the doorways were only ways of getting to each part of his mind. You can easily tell by the amount of jealousy he has towards his mother's affections, kat's feelings towards dante, and so on.

Josh_B

ok so here is my thought do you remember the mission in the regular story line when Dante is in limbo jail going after Bob Barbas and he meets Phineas and go to claim his final power before he gets Devil Trigger? well 1st Dante goes to his own lil place in his head every time he gained power (IE when he touched the blue roses or touched that little piece of wood that had the insignia on it) just like Vergil is in now and 2nd when he does get his Devil trigger who comes and talks to him? Eva, remember she said something along the line of "me and you father never regretted our choices but we never gave you yours" well im tending to think that it is a Naruto kinda thing and before Eva had her heart ripped out she put apart of herself in her sons so when they find their true potential that she can talk to them. So now Vergil's Downfall takes place solely in his head and after he killed Kat and Dante he started to reach his potential and therefore could go see Eva himself and cut off the last bit of humanity. And now Eva is stuck in her own personal hell because Vergil "broke her heart and left her there" (foreshadowing to a future DmC 2 mission hmmmm??!!) lol but yeah that was my take on it

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Well, I thought about the fact that Eva appeared to Dante too... and that surely didn't seem a creation of Dante's own mind.
On the other hand, we have Dante and Kat who are acting totally out of character, especially Kat.
So, my take is that VD happens in Vergil personal hell, some sort of dimension internal to Vergil's mind, just like the dimension in which Dante unlocks his DT and other abilities seems internal to Dante's own mind.
There, some part of Eva resides, so she is "real", in the sense she is not a product of Vergil's mind, but comes from a external source. The Kat and Dante we are shown in VD, however, are fake, products of Vergil's troubled mind. They are the embodiment of his worst fear (to be second to his brother). Eva, on the other hand, doesn't attack him, on the contrary, she tries to convince him that she didn't prefer Dante over Vergil. That points in the direction that we are shown what little remains of the "real" Eva, some part of her she has left in her sons.

Top Bottom