• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's Downfall? Was it necessary?

Vergil's DLC, a downfall after all?

• Total voters

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
But its not like Capcom didn't pull a bad act like Konami. Capcom told fans DmC would be "perfect" DMC game with 9+ score then goes on to market Bloody Palace as a free dlc.

When did Capcom say DmC would be the perfect game? I don't know of many companies who make bold statements like that. Doesn't matter how stupid they are. That's just universally considered a dumb thing to do.

And what's the problem with Bloody Palace being free?

MGR is ripping people off because the DLC content is overpriced. And now since MGR is coming to the PC, I guarantee there are some modders out there that can deliver you pretty much the same stuff they were selling you for free.

Konami are some greedy bastards and just as stupid as freaking other companies. I think I know what kind of bs they're capable because I'm a fan of the Silent Hill franchise they so utterly f*cking ruined. F*ck Konami too.

IncarnatedDemon

"But we haven't handed over the family silver to some strangers we are working with Ninja Theory on this together. We believe that by going down this route we can breathe new life into the franchise and make a game that sits above DMC3 for this generation."

"Lets be honest they were great games (averageing in the low 80's on metacritic) but not perfect. We're now aiming to make the perfect DMC game that gets 90's"
Source

As for Bloody Palace being "free", i'd say they did it for purpose of good PR.

It's not that giving BP to people for free is a issue. The issue is that they market BP as a dlc when it's a content that has become a standard in DMC games.
And they may not have received money for BP, but they definetly received good PR. And PR is important.

I dont see how other companies are relevant to discuss when i am discussing Bloody Palace and Capcom in particular, i am not discussing the whole perspective of "Company schemes", but since you like to defend Capcom because they made DmC and because DmC is something you feel you need to defend by telling me other companies are bad too, then have this:

Dammit i hoped for a retail release not a PSN one :(

I want a hard copy...

Dam dam!

Oh well ill wait for the price to drop.

74 dollars ----- hel ****en no. Thats rip off as it gets.

Do u think the PSN price will drop within 2 months?

No i am fully aware of companies, DLC and other topics related.

I say Bloody Palace was a PR scheme, just like i say Jetstream Sam and VR missions in MGR is prolly withheld content, and just like i said MGR ultimate edition is a rip off.

At least with Konami i can just respond by waiting for prices to drop (which i am), but with Capcom...what they are doing with BP being a free DLC ...well it's close to altering of reality, which is ironically what DmC is about.

seraphmaycry

jetstream sam is great to play but i felt..... like it was the actual game and what should have been as the first mission and have eight missions instead there was none of the usual awkwardness that comes with large dlc expansions it was TOO well tweaked i swear this is happening more and more a dlc is announced before the game released the dlc is so well refined you forget its a expansion and begin thinking it's part of the game turns out it WAS part of the game but just turned into dlc

so yeah vergils downfall felt like what should have been the final mission and that annoyingly short less then two minutes long mission the trade was the result

as for neccesary i have to say no but important for the sequel (if there is one) because the ending helps with the suspense for the final fight we already guessed would happen

IncarnatedDemon

jetstream sam is great to play but i felt..... like it was the actual game and what should have been as the first mission and have eight missions instead there was none of the usual awkwardness that comes with large dlc expansions it was TOO well tweaked i swear this is happening more and more a dlc is announced before the game released the dlc is so well refined you forget its a expansion and begin thinking it's part of the game turns out it WAS part of the game but just turned into dlc

so yeah vergils downfall felt like what should have been the final mission and that annoyingly short less then two minutes long mission the trade was the result

as for neccesary i have to say no but important for the sequel (if there is one) because the ending helps with the suspense for the final fight we already guessed would happen
Exactly.

We don't have proof of this claim. But we can point to how poor quality the so called "DLC" has.

Bladewolf DLC was pretty decent though.

seraphmaycry

i know right!! the lyrics are really well picked for that song too because it shows a problem in modern society were a really intelligent person has to follow what everyone else is doing they have to follow fashion get Facebook get married etc

but to have to have a even greater intellect and have even less options.....wow i wonder how that feel like?

but the best song is a soul cant be cut or the only thing i know for real:D

IncarnatedDemon

It's such energetic song :D oh and u shud defintly check out Bladewolf when the dlc price is at 4-5 dollars.

(currently 7 dollars)

It's short like Downfall but its pretty decent and you really get to love Bladewolf more.

seraphmaycry

im planning to i actually get a few dollars worth of MS points every month for doing nothing :D

i signed up to a program where you get rewards for having lots of achievements :D

the vr mission expansion is worthless to me since i HATE the vr missions they only ones where i feel free are in the eliminate all enemies ones and thta just feel like there are only a few ways thanks to elaborate and annoying spawn waves and placement i can take on a gecko and some dwarfs just fine but in that spawning wave? OH **** RUN AWAY

IncarnatedDemon

im planning to i actually get a few dollars worth of MS points every month for doing nothing :D

i signed up to a program where you get rewards for having lots of achievements :D

the vr mission expansion is worthless to me since i HATE the vr missions they only ones where i feel free are in the eliminate all enemies ones and thta just feel like there are only a few ways thanks to elaborate and annoying spawn waves and placement i can take on a gecko and some dwarfs just fine but in that spawning wave? OH **** RUN AWAY
Nice, is there any similar programs for PSN?

DjRunza

Mercenary of Darkness
Well to be honest, yes, it was totally necessary because the ending clearly shows that Vergil is going to be one of the next main villain in DmC2. Argosax The Chaos might be the main villain in DmC2 as well. Who knows right. :)

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I'd love to see this to. Oh,how much I would like too see the good old Dante and Vergil but with much more character depth and story developing(of the reboot),and to have that feeling and atmosphere DMC3 had.
Definitely, that would be totally awesome! =D I wouldn't wan itt to be a remake or follow anything word for word like the Resident Evil 1's remake did with it's scenes, but a reimagining would be sweet. DmC2 should capture more of that Devil May Cry feel, but not be an exact dupilicate. The same with Dante and Vergil, since by the end of DmC and Downfall they've become closer to their own original counterparts, so I'd definitely would want to see more of that, but I still want the conflict between them.

And character depth, definitely. :3

Not being a copy,an exact replica of DMC 3 of course,but I want it to have that awesome feel and atmosphere DMC3 had,and the music *yes,I'm a sucker for DMC music*.
The focusing on the characters development of DmC and the dynamic action of DMC and voilà :a great game released.
Yes,I want it to capture the essence of Devil May Cry,but with its own additional ideas. And being the fact by the end of the reboot and the DLC they come closer to their original characters....Damn,this idea just makes my fan-self go mad xD.
And besides,everybody would be pleased.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Even if it would be a reimagining of DMC3, I would like this scene in it. It's perfect as it is, but using the kind of graphics they do in DmC would make that scene even better for me.

Even if it would be a reimagining of DMC3, I would like this scene in it. It's perfect as it is, but using the kind of graphics they do in DmC would make that scene even better for me.

This is the best DMC Intro in my opinion.Everything looks amazing and has such a gothic and mysterious feeling to it.
And that church chorus.

Top Bottom