• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's Downfall? Was it necessary?

Vergil's DLC, a downfall after all?

• Total voters

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
For $30? Isn't it a bit too much? (Just asking, I'm kinda new to the world of gaming, so I'm not exactly well informed) It would have to be a great expansion, even more that VD with many new missions, new enemies and interesting bosses, I would hazard, especially after we already paid for a first DLC with Vergil...

But yeah, for Vergil I surely would find a way to put the cash together, even if now I'm a bit broke.... :p

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
For $30? Isn't it a bit too much? (Just asking, I'm kinda new to the world of gaming, so I'm not exactly well informed) It would have to be a great expansion, even more that VD with many new missions, new enemies and interesting bosses, I would hazard, especially after we already paid for a first DLC with Vergil...

But yeah, for Vergil I surely would find a way to put the cash together, even if now I'm a bit broke.... :p
That would be about £19, so I wouldn't mind paying that much if there was a full Vergil campaign with more bosses, a longer story and full mocap cutscenes.

That would be about £19, so I wouldn't mind paying that much if there was a full Vergil campaign with more bosses, a longer story and full mocap cutscenes.
Yeah, not for reused assets, what loopy said. Pretty much they used to be called expansions, and were usually released after the fans demanded more content, instead of the new dlc system, which tries to sell you a bunch of lackluster/meaningless extra content before you've even had a chance to decide if you liked the game enough to want extra stuff for it.
Again, DmC wasn't so bad in this regard, but the whole micro-transaction/dlc trend is just not to my liking.

IncarnatedDemon

Yeah, not for reused assets, what loopy said. Pretty much they used to be called expansions, and were usually released after the fans demanded more content, instead of the new dlc system, which tries to sell you a bunch of lackluster/meaningless extra content before you've even had a chance to decide if you liked the game enough to want extra stuff for it.
Again, DmC wasn't so bad in this regard, but the whole micro-transaction/dlc trend is just not to my liking.
Bloody Palace *cough* FREE dlc *cough*

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Was it necessary?

Of course....the more content the better...would've been better as an in-game unlockable though.

Was it good?

It was okay....it was better than Dante's campaign in some aspects but it was shorter, he has less moves (but pays up with better quality in gameplay), he had no BP (I wonder why), had only 1 boss fight (which was basically one of the bosses from the main campaign just remixed), and the stages/environments looked rather similar or less diversed than the main campaign also the cutscenes.......

GF9000000Returns

It was average for me. The gameplay was awesome, story is intriguing, but the length, that's the only problem I have. But at least it was longer than most HnS dlcs were (*cough* MGR's DLC *cough* with Sam *cough* was bad *cough*)

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It was average for me. The gameplay was awesome, story is intriguing, but the length, that's the only problem I have. But at least it was longer than most HnS dlcs were (*cough* MGR's DLC *cough* with Sam *cough* was bad *cough*)

Lets not forget cheaper (free if you were loyal).

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
The last time I checked, Vergil's Downfall was $6.99 while the MGR Sam DLC was $8.99. Unless you had something different.

Anyway another thing that would've made Vergil's Downfall better is having a Hollow Dante boss fight.

.....what??? What did you thought I said when I said "Lets not forget cheaper"

You thought I was referring to MGR DLC being cheaper?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yeah lol.

Welll...

37696917.jpg

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
MGR is freaking ripping people off man.

Tmfaria

Member of the Order
Ohh well.

If Ninja Theory is going to be on board for another DmC game, let's hope for the sake of the original DMC that they give equal play time and story time for both characters. For the reboot, NT did do a nice take on it, so let's hope they step in up a notch and make it even better :)

IncarnatedDemon

Oh, I think he's referring to selling overpriced dlc content instead of giving it for free. I haven't played it yet so I can't comment on the quality of the dlc in MGR, but I definitely will when I buy it on PC.
Well thats true. The prices for JetStream was unfair. Even for Bladewolf was too by small amount.

But its not like Capcom didn't pull a bad act like Konami. Capcom told fans DmC would be "perfect" DMC game with 9+ score then goes on to market Bloody Palace as a free dlc.

Since i have kept on MGR here is a summary:
VR MISSIONS (DLC) - seems to be content they withheld to sell as DLC. I believe this because VR missions wasnt a major DLC release and in EU its free while in NA (?) its for sale.

Jetstream sam - seems also like withheld content. Lazy story and alot of reused stuff. Gameplay is pretty decent but it lacks quality though.

Blade wolf DLC- Decent gameplay but it lacks a bit combo depth. The story is pretty good though and not lazy like Jetstream.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Ohh well.

If Ninja Theory is going to be on board for another DmC game, let's hope for the sake of the original DMC that they give equal play time and story time for both characters. For the reboot, NT did do a nice take on it, so let's hope they step in up a notch and make it even better :)
Like if they made you pick a side, as either Dante or Vergil, and had you play through a 20+ mission campaign in that selected characters story. Then it would have you play through the other characters side of the story, which would be entirely different. Different music, stages, dialouge, and boss battles. Then it would force you to chose who you want to be before the final boss fight, then you would fight the character who you didn't chose. . Depending on who you chose; could have either a bad end or a good end.

And all of this could be possible on the seriously OP nex-gen gaming machines.

Top Bottom