• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's Downfall Story; So...huh?

EvilX-81

Well, now that everyone has the game, no need to avoid spoilers anymore, let's get dis chat on.

Okay, so..... WTF is going on here? What are your theories? Obviously he didn't kill the real Dante and Kat, but then there's his meeting with his mother, which makes me wonder...

I personally think it's more than just a dream; something similar to whatever that place is that Dante goes through when he's freeing that statue. My guess is that it's his unconscious mind using that limbo-ish inner area to get him the power he wants by breaking all ties.

Basically a combination of Fight Club and The Matrix.

Because of basically unanswered questions, I'm hoping they at least get a comic series to give closure to this series if they are unable to make a sequel.

seraphmaycry

no they are made more or less obvious if you think

doppelganger brought vergil inside his amulet like dante goes in his to get more powa then vergil goes through, him killing dante and kat is just the doppelganger making him sever his ties to them they are not actually real

his mother i don't know for sure but i believe it is just his angel side like doppelganger represents his demon side

AngelMode

It could be a lot of things... but it is most-likely a place that holds Vergil's inner Nephilim powers, like Dante's held the DT. And boy, did he get it.

The only difference is that Vergil's mind was kinda screwed up by what was happening around him, feeling inferior to Dante, thinking that his mother's favorite was Dante, thinking Kat liked Dante over him, etc. So he sort of went one by one and got rid of all those ties he had (or emotions) with those people... and then he just went power hungry for like no reason.

I think he was dying in the real world, because Dante stabbed him and whatnot. But somehow managed to sort of heal himself back up when he got his inner powers. Then he goes on to take over some demons since Mundus isn't there anymore so it seems the demons have to rely on Vergil now.

That's about it in a nutshell, I guess.

EllDawn

My theory is that it's his demon half manipulating him in its attempt to survive. Dante, Kat and his mother all represented the human part of him, so destroying them made it possible for his demon half to become stronger and heal him.

I do think that was actually his mother's spirit. If it wasn't actually her, she probably would have said something to turn him against her even more. As it was, she kept trying to tell him she loved him as much as she loved Dante, but, by that point, he was so far gone that she couldn't turn him back around.

TheNoHeartedBeing

Im still confused on the mother part. I mean she said that he was dead like her but he can still get out. Its possible that Vergil died and went to hell and then at the end of the game he found the light and came back. So im guessing that really was his mom. Its obvious Dante and Kat were fake lol. I think that in the next DmC Vergil will have control over most of the demons. We have to remember there is more than one demon king.

EvilX-81

Im still confused on the mother part. I mean she said that he was dead like her but he can still get out. Its possible that Vergil died and went to hell and then at the end of the game he found the light and came back. So im guessing that really was his mom. Its obvious Dante and Kat were fake lol. I think that in the next DmC Vergil will have control over most of the demons. We have to remember there is more than one demon king.

Hmm... 3-way demon war with Dante caught in the middle? Could be awesome...

TheNoHeartedBeing

Hmm... 3-way demon war with Dante caught in the middle? Could be awesome...
Yeah i know lol. We dont even know if the demon kings are friends. Sure Mundus and Sparda rose through the ranks together but that dosnt mean they couldn't have been going against the other two demon kings. God there is so much possibilities.

EllDawn

My guess is he was so close to death that he practically was dead. She was probably trying to get him into the light so his angel half would be the survivor, in a sense. Basically another way of saving him.

TheNoHeartedBeing

My guess is he was so close to death that he practically was dead. She was probably trying to get him into the light so his angel half would be the survivor, in a sense. Basically another way of saving him.
I wish they would have given her more time speak. Also this duded lost his mom and dad by a brutal murder by Mundus. You would think even how messed up he is in the head that he would at least gain back some humanity just by the site of his mother.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Vergil has found himself broken hearted, humiliated and betrayed by those He loved and trusted most. Disorientated, He seeks sanctuary by His mother's graveside while eventually collapsing from his wounds. Unconscious, he slips into his own memory Limbo, twisted and corrupted by anger and frustration. Here he seeks a means to rid himself of the pain by destroying all memories of his loved ones, severing all ties to the man He once was.

Domenic93

I find it hillarious that vergil is bitter about losing a wooden sword fight as a kid, and he's upset because he thinks "Mommy loved Donte more *waah*"

Story

I just figured it was hell, he really died and his soul needed to fight its way out, and him meeting his mother was actually their souls meeting, his doppelganker escaping and the apperiance of the "evil ghosts" of Kat and Dante was because of the twisted nature of hell, after his adventure in hell his soul was reformed, getting his heart ripped out mid journey seperated him from his emotions completely, by the time of his return to life he had almost no feelings as the "heart" of his soul was destroyed, this is why the demons recognized him as their own, and elected him as their leader due to sensing his power, or they liked his new hair. Anyway this is how I understood it, it may have holes but I don't like overthinking stuff :p

IncarnatedDemon

After Vergil fell at gravestone, he entered a "soul world" of some kind. Anyhow it gives me a assosciation with Bleach, same thing that "Hollow Vergil" may come from.

After Ichigo gets mortally wounded by his opponent, Zangetsu (his soul sword spirit) appears and takes him to the depths of his soul to make him stronger:

What is also eye raising is : Dobbelganger was a ability that comes from Vergils sword. And it is Dobbelganger who meets Vergil in the world he goes to.

Same as with Bleach, Zangetsu meets Ichigo and takes him to Soul world. Where in Soul world Zangetsu takes away his Sword manifestation of himself away from Ichigo.

This same thing Dobbelganger did with Vergil, with amulet.

Both losing their items: Sword and Amulet resulted in loss of power.
And both resulted in increase of power after "soul world" process ended.

Domenic93

I just figured it was hell, he really died and his soul needed to fight its way out, and him meeting his mother was actually their souls meeting, his doppelganker escaping and the apperiance of the "evil ghosts" of Kat and Dante was because of the twisted nature of hell, after his adventure in hell his soul was reformed, getting his heart ripped out mid journey seperated him from his emotions completely, by the time of his return to life he had almost no feelings as the "heart" of his soul was destroyed, this is why the demons recognized him as their own, and elected him as their leader due to sensing his power, or they liked his new hair. Anyway this is how I understood it, it may have holes but I don't like overthinking stuff :p
careful Story your nothing but skin and bones with tons in this "universe"(including the main game, the dlc and the comic). just exerting yourself thinking could cause you to keel over in exhaustion

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
After Vergil fell at gravestone, he entered a "soul world" of some kind. Anyhow it gives me a assosciation with Bleach, same thing that "Hollow Vergil" may come from.

After Ichigo gets mortally wounded by his opponent, Zangetsu (his soul sword spirit) appears and takes him to the depths of his soul to make him stronger:

What is also eye raising is : Dobbelganger was a ability that comes from Vergils sword. And it is Dobbelganger who meets Vergil in the world he goes to.

Same as with Bleach, Zangetsu meets Ichigo and takes him to Soul world. Where in Soul world Zangetsu takes away his Sword manifestation of himself away from Ichigo.

This same thing Dobbelganger did with Vergil, with amulet.

Both losing their items: Sword and Amulet resulted in loss of power.
And both resulted in increase of power after "soul world" process ended.

...oh so now instead of Nero being the Ichigo proxy(complete with actor injoke), capcom decide dto force that for NT to make VERGIL our "EVIL" Ichigo...yeah, I definitly see more Capcom influance than most people probably want to admit. I just pray this doesn't become DMC4 all over again...

Jane Sweetbee

totally agree!

EvilX-81

I find it hillarious that vergil is bitter about losing a wooden sword fight as a kid

I think it's more a bitter reflection. He might not have thought or cared about it much then, but now after losing to Dante again in a much more bitter and visceral contest where his brother is now his enemy, his ego obviously having been bruised up by it, such memories can become rather salty.

On the thread topic, it seems like everyone is coming to similar ideas with divergences on the smaller details.

EvilX-81

...oh so now instead of Nero being the Ichigo proxy(complete with actor injoke), capcom decide dto force that for NT to make VERGIL our "EVIL" Ichigo...yeah, I definitly see more Capcom influance than most people probably want to admit. I just pray this doesn't become DMC4 all over again...

Wait, Nero really was an outright Bleach homage?

Top Bottom