• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's Downfall Story; So...huh?

ChibiVerg

Vergil: Small and Cute.
I think both ideas are possible. It would make sense for NT to keep that idea of Mundus somehow controlling Vergil. Plus wouldn't it just be great and dandy that Mundus caught Vergil's mistake and now uses him to attempt to take over human kind. Bonus for the nephilim powers.

Vergil's own personal hell distorting him is also possible. I mean that's what VD alludes to, the fact that Vergil is changed by his own personal hell and "kills" off the ones he love in order to "fix" his insecurities.

Or we can combine the two ideas. Near the end when Vergil just out of the blue say "And now we can rule" could have been Mundus already talking. So VD would be another one of Mundus' tricks where he sends Vergil to his own hell in order to get rid of the caring Vergil we met at the beginning of the game. I mean he still looked redeemable until he fuses with his hollow self. Maybe combining the two ideas is slightly complicated....

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
You know, I'd rather stick with the no-Mundus-involved theory. I admit, I like this conflicted Vergil, I like the way he thinks about humans, i like the way he falls, I like him just like this. I can relate to him.
I'd love him even more if he finds a way to conquer his insecurities and become a stronger man, not just a crazed one.

I somehow feel that saying that Mundus is influencing him would be robbing this Vergil of the aspects I love most about him. Let him take all of his responisbilities, let him face the darker side of him. And, hopefully, let him find the strength to heal himself. But let Vergil do all the work, downfall included, don't just throw the responsibilities over Mundus.

Sorry if I got too enthusisatic, it's just that I love this character so much, and, as I said, precisely because he is a fallen one. I just have a thing for fallen ones (who hopefully find a way back...).^_^

ChibiVerg

Vergil: Small and Cute.
It's all speculation until DmC2 (if it is made).

I'm all for the Vergil gotta face his own demons. But at how VD ended, i'm not against having Kat or Dante attempt to snap him out of it either. Especially since it has a lot of leeway in showing the characters care for each other.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
It's all speculation until DmC2 (if it is made).
Can't object on that. I just like guessing around, as I suppose you do too. ^_^
I'm all for the Vergil gotta face his own demons. But at how VD ended, i'm not against having Kat or Dante attempt to snap him out of it either. Especially since it has a lot of leeway in showing the characters care for each other.
Yeah, that would be interesting too. Sure, he'll need some help, what I meant was just that I'd rather have Vergil take all the credit for his downfall, without having to resort to Mundus' influence.
But, as we already agreed upon, it's all speculation. We'll se what NT will do. They did a great job so far, let's hope they live up to those standards!

Top Bottom