• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's Bloody Palace MOD

Jerry Wirerammer

I'm not a coder, but wouldn't it just be easier to build a brand new BP into VD? That way you would just be designing what essentially amounts to new levels, using VDs enemies and mechanics. From an outside perspective, that seems the simpler solution?

Romy

I'm not a coder, but wouldn't it just be easier to build a brand new BP into VD? That way you would just be designing what essentially amounts to new levels, using VDs enemies and mechanics. From an outside perspective, that seems the simpler solution?

Actually, that seems the most complicated solution given the word "build".

AlchemistFromEden

companies can't just give out as much free dlc as they want -_-

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
It makes me kind of wonder...

Has it occured to anyone that NT probably can't just go releasing as many updates as they want for the game?

That it's Capcom who calls and pulls the shots?

That it's Capcom who we should be blaming, because we didn't receive our 'mandatory dlc that we are all entitled to?'

Romy

Has anyone ever thought that they're saving Vergil's Bloody Palace for the sequel? That way, it seems like the sequel will have "newer" stuff.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
I don't understand this inclination that because they didn't specifically code a Bloody Palace feature for Vergil, that means they couldn't. That's the problem I'm having - they obviously know how to make one, since they already did. The fact that they didn't is probably because of the focus for the DLC. Trying to say otherwise makes no sense, and is really just a slight.

Stating that they "couldn't" isn't specifically implying that they were unable to code such a thing, it runs the entire gamut of ineptitude: perhaps they couldn't stretch the budget produce such a feature, perhaps they couldn't persuade Capcom to let them develop it, perhaps they couldn't be bothered. End result: Paying customers get less content than what is considered the series standard.

Couldn't/didn't/wouldn't, whatever way you phrase it, it's all just superfluous semantics compared to the actual issue.

Regardless, I'm interested to see how quickly a working Vergil BP mod is produced by the community.

Romy

Withholding content that's considered a series standard intentionally? That'd be pretty underhanded.

They've already withheld content so it isn't far from the truth. There are many things missing from the old series so it wouldn't be much of a surprise that a sequel would return them.

D

Deleted member 25469

Has anyone ever thought that they're saving Vergil's Bloody Palace for the sequel? That way, it seems like the sequel will have "newer" stuff.
Do you think the sequel is that likely? Unless the PC digital sales were mighty impressive, the game flopped pretty hard sales-wise.

Romy

Do you think the sequel is that likely? Unless the PC digital sales were mighty impressive, the game flopped pretty hard sales-wise.

It's DMC, in general. I'm sure it will have a sequel. Just remember DMC2. Because of the sequel, DMC3 never got the number of sales it deserved but it still had a 4th one. In general, if got a 5th installment, I'm sure there will be a 6th. Specially with how the story ended in DmC.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
It's DMC, in general. I'm sure it will have a sequel. Just remember DMC2. Because of the sequel, DMC3 never got the number of sales it deserved but it still had a 4th one. In general, if got a 5th installment, I'm sure there will be a 6th. Specially with how the story ended in DmC.

3 made back a lot of it's losses when you take into account the Special Edition sales and the PC version, supposedly.

IncarnatedDemon

The truth is Bloody Palace was released as a "Free DLC" for positive PR. How can a content that has become standard in DMC games be sold as DLC let alone be free DLC?
And the second truth is that Capcom didn't bother with releasing BP for Vergil.

Capcom is mistreating their consumers as usual.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I never quite understood how "Bloody Palace is a staple to DMC" when it was actually originally left out of DMC3, and you actually had to spend a lot of money to get what equates to free or low-price DLC these days >.> It was really only consistent in DMC2 and DMC4 as something they wanted to have from word Go...

D

Deleted member 25469

Bloody Palace is a staple to DMC because as franchises progress, titles should have more features, not less.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
And that's what I mean - originally DMC3 didn't have Bloody Palace, it had to be added in after the fact in the equivalent of a Game of the Year version on the game. At least DmC had intened on it from the beginning, making it consistent with at least DMC4 >.<

D

Deleted member 25469

Truth be told, I don't see why anyone would complain about having Bloody Palace as FREE DLC.

Free DLC = Part of the game.

I am complaining about the lack of BP in Vergil's Downfall, though :(

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah, it's difficult for me to be angry about anything given for free. It's really...childish >.<

I would have liked a Bloody Palace for Vergil, would have really made Downfall last a lot longer (indefinitely, really), but I guess it just wasn't in the cards. Woulda been nice to have a battleground I couldn't fall off of though :p

Top Bottom