• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's Bloody Palace MOD

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well it could be hard to put Vergil in BP due to how certain aspects of BP was coded for Dante so if its impossible for modders to mod Vergil in there...one can say that NT/Capcom couldn't really do it either..even if they're recoding it to fit Vergil in there.

I mean outside the Bob and Poison boss fights what are the real problems that you can't mod Vergil in there?

I mean due to how NT coded those 2 boss fights it would be impossible to replace Dante with Vergil since those boss fights are probably coded in synch with Dante's mechanics/boss animations vs Vergil who is though similar abilities/mechanics are coded differently but I do think Spawn....well the Lilith pulling her out part will be hard to pull off, Hunter, & Mundus as well as (Hollow) Vergil can easily be boss fights for Vergil.

I blame this on NT (maybe even Capcom but mostly NT) for not thinking far ahead (for when designing the boss fights but they can always create a separate BP for Vergil where he faces his own enemy waves (or just different bosses).

Who knows maybe NT left or finished up on DmC and Capcom and left so they couldn't add Vergil to BP.

Who knows man who knows.

Capcom before could fit Dante and Lucia in BP in DMC2 (altough there was no underwater levels for I think they never inserted/coded swimming animations for Dante and bosses), Dante and Vergil in BP in DMC3 (well Vergil was playable in Dante's levels and boss fights and DMC3 never had any character specific gameplay mechanics/gimmicks), and Dante and Nero in BP in DMC4 (albiet they took out the Savior boss fight and I think it would be very impossible/unlikely to fight the Savior as Nero......I think I could be wrong)

IncarnatedDemon

It's free because they say so. And yes your getting Bloody Palace for "free".
But if things that have become significant in a serie is going to be turned into a DLC and given to you for "free", then they can easily do this with other content.
This is encouraging of the already bad DLC practice these companies are doing.

It's not childlish to be aware of greedy practices.
Sure DMC 3 didn't have BP and you had to pay for it.

But your forgetting that when you paid for Special Edition you also got:
-Jester
- Vergil gameplay

So Bloody Palace wasn't sold to you by itself. Should DMC 3 had Bloody Palace in first place? Definetly.
As a fan of a serie your entitled to all things that make the game good. If a company decides to withheld content and sell or market as "free dlc", then you should not buy the game until it costs like 15-20 dollars.

By accepting these content that should be in the main game as DLC your contributing to this DLC schemes.

DLC is quite similar to rebooting.
These days everyone does it.

And rumors of Ominusha reboot
Legacy of Kain reboot

and also a RE reboot seems to be coming.

Instead of creating new IPs.

D

Deleted member 25469

I honestly do not understand how releasing content they weren't able to finish in time for free, whenever it's ready, is "greedy" or even "bad" in any way so long as they are forthcoming with it.

We knew the BP was coming as DLC AND that it was going to be free before release, so they never did any kind of underhanded tactic with that or anything that could be considered as "greedy". They didn't get anything extra, so how is that greedy?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well it could be hard to put Vergil in BP due to how certain aspects of BP was coded for Dante so if its impossible for modders to mod Vergil in there...one can say that NT/Capcom couldn't really do it either..even if they're recoding it to fit Vergil in there.

I mean outside the Bob and Poison boss fights what are the real problems that you can't mod Vergil in there?

I mean due to how NT coded those 2 boss fights it would be impossible to replace Dante with Vergil since those boss fights are probably coded in synch with Dante's mechanics/boss animations vs Vergil who is though similar abilities/mechanics are coded differently but I do think Spawn....well the Lilith pulling her out part will be hard to pull off, Hunter, & Mundus as well as (Hollow) Vergil can easily be boss fights for Vergil.

I blame this on NT (maybe even Capcom but mostly NT) for not thinking far ahead (for when designing the boss fights but they can always create a separate BP for Vergil where he faces his own enemy waves (or just different bosses).

Who knows maybe NT left or finished up on DmC and Capcom and left so they couldn't add Vergil to BP.

Who knows man who knows.

Capcom before could fit Dante and Lucia in BP in DMC2 (altough there was no underwater levels for I think they never inserted/coded swimming animations for Dante and bosses), Dante and Vergil in BP in DMC3 (well Vergil was playable in Dante's levels and boss fights and DMC3 never had any character specific gameplay mechanics/gimmicks), and Dante and Nero in BP in DMC4 (albiet they took out the Savior boss fight and I think it would be very impossible/unlikely to fight the Savior as Nero......I think I could be wrong)

Wow...you...really...don't know what you're talking about.

It would have been easy for Nina Theory to create a Bloody Palace for Vergil, they just didn't. And they also didn't just want to shove Vergil into places where Dante and his unique animations were, like the boss fights.

The past Bloody Palaces weren't just "fit into the games," either. They were specifically coded features. It just happens to be pretty easy to take all the existing assets and create survival arena.

It's also really ignorant to say that since modders can't do it Ninja Theory must not have been able to, since Ninja Theory has several developer-side resources that no modder does. Modders can't do it because they didn't make the game, and lack a few integral pieces...like source code...in order to make something out of nothing - that's why they'r modders, because they're simply modifying what's already there, not creating something new. They do a damn good job some times, but without have something like the source code and maybe even dev kits, they can't create anything.

Again, just because they didn't make it, doesn't mean they couldn't.

AlchemistFromEden

NT is a talented game development studio, not a couple of guys making a mod
there are many different animations that only work for dante, IN EVERY FIGHT
stop using the word coded, you are not using it correctly -_-
yes, because they should have definitely focused on free dlc instead of polishing the game right? -_-
nt is working on something new
Who knows man who knows.

Capcom before could fit Dante and Lucia in BP in DMC2 (altough there was no underwater levels for I think they never inserted/coded swimming animations for Dante and bosses),
because unlike DmC there aren't cutscenes during bosses fights
Dante and Vergil in BP in DMC3 (well Vergil was playable in Dante's levels and boss fights and DMC3 never had any character specific gameplay mechanics/gimmicks), and Dante and Nero in BP in DMC4 (albiet they took out the Savior boss fight and I think it would be very impossible/unlikely to fight the Savior as Nero......I think I could be wrong)

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Wow...you...really...don't know what you're talking about.

It would have been easy for Nina Theory to create a Bloody Palace for Vergil, they just didn't. And they also didn't just want to shove Vergil into places where Dante and his unique animations were, like the boss fights.

The past Bloody Palaces weren't just "fit into the games," either. They were specifically coded features. It just happens to be pretty easy to take all the existing assets and create survival arena.

It's also really ignorant to say that since modders can't do it Ninja Theory must not have been able to, since Ninja Theory has several developer-side resources that no modder does. Modders can't do it because they didn't make the game, and lack a few integral pieces...like source code...in order to make something out of nothing - that's why they'r modders, because they're simply modifying what's already there, not creating something new. They do a damn good job some times, but without have something like the source code and maybe even dev kits, they can't create anything.

Again, just because they didn't make it, doesn't mean they couldn't.

....sigh.....

I never said they couldn't I just proposed an idea or theory (I mean if the bosses were coded to match up and provided cinematics that works specific for Dante and not Vergil).Plus you should read my posts more careful I never said that NT couldn't do it because mods couldn't do it. I said maybe they never included Vergil for BP in the first place because they couldn't do it themselves because of how they initially designed the game or left before they couldn't get the chance.

I'm not saying they couldn't because they don't have the skill but they couldn't do it because they don't have the time or money, or some other reason, for it would take a lot of time and some money to rework the game/bosses to make fighting them as Vergil possible and smoothly for they have to deal with how certain bosses require the whip mechanic (and though similar the swords aren't the same), has integrated cutscenes in them that uses Dante recorded animations/motion capture as well as how certain bosses have specific animations for Dante, and are coded to react specifically to Dante's attacks..well some of them. It isn't like past DMC games were those weren't coded/tailored for a boss to fight a specific character (I mean you can fight the Savior as Nero in the PC mod...I think...for its possible to fight him as Nero since the game didn't design Dante's mechanics to be only specific for him but it will be hard to since at some point in the boss fight he will be hard to reach and Nero doesn't have much to any long range moves but still possible) or integrates character specific cutscenes in the battle.

Its like this Vergil can fight bosses like Mundus and Vergil as well as the Hunter since they don't require a deep integretation of Dante's mechanics and the cutscenes can easily be removed.

I mean in the PC version of DMC4 you can mod it so you can play Dante in Nero levels and vice versa despite needing Nero's DB mechanics to advance in his missions...I don't know how they did it but that was never added in the main game (unless if Capcom made it easy to mod considering the PC version got some extra features that the console versions didn't had).

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
....sigh.....

You just got back from Bansville. Try to take the endless arguing down a notch.

These guys (Rukumouru, TwoxAcross and Edenic) know what they're talking about. Unless you yourself are working for a game studio or studying to be become part of the industry, you should listen a little more and only disagree only after you've read up a great deal on the subject of programming itself.

Not one or two web articles. I mean actually getting into the programming language firsthand and seeing that it's not nearly as easy as it looks.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
I never quite understood how "Bloody Palace is a staple to DMC" when it was actually originally left out of DMC3, and you actually had to spend a lot of money to get what equates to free or low-price DLC these days >.> It was really only consistent in DMC2 and DMC4 as something they wanted to have from word Go...

If a feature is present in a game, people are going to complain if it's absent in it's successors unless there is enough new content to compensate for the loss.

Romy

What I didn't get is why they added so many features after the game was released. I mean, I get they were impatient to release but damn, they could've at least incorporate the BP in the main game without it being DLC. I hope, and it's a big ****ing hope, they'll release a Special Edition like DMC3 did, with all the contents in one place.

Top Bottom