• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil&Yamato

Status
Not open for further replies.

The SSStylish one

Formerly DanteTheDevil
Vergil&Yamato (a question)

o_OIn DMC 3, at the end, the Vergil falls down to hell with Yamato, next we find Yamato in DMC4. WTF?...o_OIs it somehow explained in DMC1?

Keaton

Premium
^No, its not. Not at all.

We can only assume that when Nelo Angelo was defeated his sword was destroyed (as it is in DMC4) and is then found by Agnus. I have yet to find canon material that truly explains it.

Although, the new novel depicts Nero as Vergils Son, canon or not, this could also be a reason why the Yamato finds close proximity to Nero.

Sparda™

Keaton;177550 said:
^No, its not. Not at all.

We can only assume that when Nelo Angelo was defeated his sword was destroyed (as it is in DMC4) and is then found by Agnus. I have yet to find canon material that truly explains it.

Although, the new novel depicts Nero as Vergils Son, canon or not, this could also be a reason why the Yamato finds close proximity to Nero.

Canon material is nowhere to be found, really.

And as for that blasphemy, Vergil must have knocked up a girl when he was 9 - highly unlikely.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
Hopefully, when Nero's origins is revealed in the future, we will know more about how Agnus found yamato... maybe he was studying demons in Mallet Island (can't remember if thats the right name) and he found the sword shattered... hopefully
And about the Vergil's son thing... I also considered that a blasphemy.
Anyway, time will tell

Keaton

Premium
Well, I would happily accept Nero as Vergils son, so long as they brought Vergil back as an actual character -- even though I love the whole "Nero is Vergil Reborn" theory, unless they bring back his combat Mechanics I won't be happy ^_^

I miss Vergil, there was something very satisfying about using his Geneiken, and swapping between Yamato, Beowolf and Force Edge.

The only remedy I see, is if they give Nero a TRUE Darkslayer Style and a Knight Familar Style. Darkslayer would give him Vergils moves and DT (properly) whereas Knight Familar would allow use of Red Queen, Exceed and the Knight Famaiar DT. Seems like a worthy comprimise ^^

Sparda™

The way I see this, only If they bring Vergil back and he has the Yamato - the only solution to bring a fully-working Dark Slayer style.

Nero doesn't fit in personality, looks or status to manifest a Dark Slayer style.

Red

Big Boss;177661 said:
^I must agree. No one could weild Yamato as Vergil did.

Haha. Even Dante can't wield Yamato perfectly... Few moves with Yamato explains this...or Capcom just became lazy not to include the cooler moves like Upper Slash followed by Downward Slice and the Rapid Slash.:lol:

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Sparda™;178164 said:
Yes.

But, Vergil is the only one we've seen to wield It perfectly and to be honest, fits him quite well.

But Sparda was its true master.

We really have no idea who is better at Yamato at this point but you'd think it would be Sparda.

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
Sparda™;178164 said:
Yes.

But, Vergil is the only one we've seen to wield It perfectly and to be honest, fits him quite well.

Maybe Sparda is better, but maybe Vergil is better. We don't know because we haven't seen Sparda fighting with Yamato.

Sparda™

^ Exactly my point, peeps.

We have seen Vergil wield It and not Sparda.

Thus Vergil = Best Wielder of Yamato.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^Grr the fact that we don't know does not mean you win:p

Have yet to really play or see Sparda at all and since it was his sword and he would have had years more practice, he is probably better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom