• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

VERGIL-NESS > :)

To Vergil or not to Vergil

• To Vergil

Votes: 37 82.2%
  • Not to Vergil

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • DANTE!!!!!

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
All by tegaki:

409196853.jpg

409196854.jpg

409196855.jpg

409196856.jpg

409196857.jpg

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
*Sigh* I hate doing this...

IncarnatedDemon, I know that you dislike the reboot; I do, too. Trust me, I get it.

But in the interest of fairness, it does seem like you're running a bit of a dictatorship with this thread. I understand you're the thread creator, and that's why I say you bear responsibility, as well. By reacting as vehemently as you did toward people posting NT Vergil, you actually made the situation worse. :/

I know you changed your OP, but you only did so after the first NT Vergil pics were posted; that's kind of like changing the rules halfway through a game so that it tilts in your favour. Like I said, if you had specified from the onset, these NT Vergil posts would be in the wrong. However, that is not the case.

I know this is a pretty old post, but this is... wrong. IncarnatedDemon clearly said that he didn't want NT Vergil pictures posted in this thread - it doesn't matter that he said it a bit late. Yes, it was a mistake. And could he have been less aggressive about it? Sure. But after he clearly said it, (AND there was basically an entire page devoted to people talking about the purpose of the thread) those same people continued to post pics of NT Vergil, and some did it to spite him. That makes those NT Vergil posts ''in the wrong'', as you put it. They purposely made him angry, and that doesn't help. So let's not act like IncarnatedDemon did everything wrong and the people calling him a nazi are blameless. He created the thread, so he determines the rules and if the thread lives or dies. If that makes him a nazi, then since schools also have rules, they must be founded by nazis. Rules are everywhere. If I were him, I'd have asked an admin to lock the thread.

So I've got a special pic for those people:

1364580932981.png

On a lighter note:

vergil_s_brief_hidden_smirk_by_reitanna_seishin-d74j6s5.gif

And I know this is basically a blue Dante, but it's nice to see anyway:

devilmaycry4dx920130515.jpg

Last edited:

DisappointedSparda

The Disappointed
Acdtual
I know this is a pretty old post, but this is... wrong. IncarnatedDemon clearly said that he didn't want NT Vergil pictures posted in this thread - it doesn't matter that he said it a bit late. Yes, it was a mistake. And could he have been less aggressive about it? Sure. But after he clearly said it, (AND there was basically an entire page devoted to people talking about the purpose of the thread) those same people continued to post pics of NT Vergil, and some did it to spite him. That makes those NT Vergil posts ''in the wrong'', as you put it. They purposely made him angry, and that doesn't help. So let's not act like IncarnatedDemon did everything wrong and the people calling him a nazi are blameless. He created the thread, so he determines the rules and if the thread lives or dies. If that makes him a nazi, then since schools also have rules, they must be founded by nazis. Rules are everywhere. If I were him, I'd have asked an admin to lock the thread.

Actually you're wrong, IncarnatedDemon said it AFTER people started posting NT Vergil and suddenly she or he had a problem because of personal biased. Also, this is the GENERAL DMC forum, so any Vergil, including NT, does belong in this thread. Like someone else pointed out in another post; if she/he only wanted DMC 3 Vergil they should've posted in the DMC 3 forum alone. And the ones who make the rules are the Mods, not Incarnated Demon, and obviously the Mods have no problems with NT Vergil being posted in this thread.

You just can't start spazzing out on people because you weren't clear with the intent of this thread in the first place. Incarnated Demon overreacted just for some dumb pics. She or He needs to grow up and get over it. If she or he doesn't like NT Vergil she doesn't have to look at the pics. It's as simple as that. She or He turned a perfectly innocent thread into an immature stupidity.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Acdtual

Actually you're wrong, IncarnatedDemon said it AFTER people started posting NT Vergil and suddenly she or he had a problem because of personal biased. Also, this is the GENERAL DMC forum, so any Vergil, including NT, does belong in this thread. Like someone else pointed out in another post; if she/he only wanted DMC 3 Vergil they should've posted in the DMC 3 forum alone. And the ones who make the rules are the Mods, not Incarnated Demon, and obviously the Mods have no problems with NT Vergil being posted in this thread.

You just can't start spazzing out on people because you weren't clear with the intent of this thread in the first place. Incarnated Demon overreacted just for some dumb pics. She or He needs to grow up and get over it. If she or he doesn't like NT Vergil she doesn't have to look at the pics. It's as simple as that. She or He turned a perfectly innocent thread into an immature stupidity.

I know - that's what I just explained. IncarnatedDemon posted it too late, but that doesn't matter. This was his thread, and he decided the rules. He can ask the moderators to close it or keep it open - it's not the property of the moderators, it is (or was, sadly... he left the site) IncDemon's thread. The fact that he forgot to tell people the rules in his first post does not matter. In his second or third post, he clearly told people not to post pics of NT Vergil. And yet, some people who read those rules just began to spite him by posting NT Vergil pictures anyway. That's indecent behavior, and serves no purpose other than to incite hatred - to annoy IncarnatedDemon. There's no excuse for that. If I were him, I'd have locked this thread ages ago because people would not adhere to the rules. It also doesn't matter that he posted it in the general DMC forum, because there was no confusion as to the purpose of this thread: he explained the rules (even if a bit late). And where would you have him post it otherwise? In the DMC4 forum? No, Vergil is technically not in DMC4. DMC3? No. Vergil exists in DMC1 (Nero Angelo) and DMC3, and there is no section dedicated to 'DMC1 AND DMC3'.

''If he or she doesn't like NT Vergil she doesn't have to look at the pics''.
...And how exactly would you deftly evade all those pics of NT Vergil? You can't selectively close your eyes at certain pictures, they *all* come into view. It's his thread, it's his decision. That's all we need to know.

Why do you form this nonsensical criterium of ''ooooh, well, he didn't clearly say it wasn't for NT Vergil in his first post, so now we can post whatever the hell we want''? That's not how it works. For example, if your school told you to attend a mandatory class that they hadn't announced at the beginning of the year, would you say ''no! F that, it wasn't mentioned at the start of the year!''? No, of course not - you'd still have to attend. Look, I understand frustration could arise from IncarnatedDemon's negligence, but that does not give you the right to go insult him and post pictures in violation of the rules he laid out in his second post.

Last edited:

DisappointedSparda

The Disappointed
She could've posted it in either the DMC 1 or DMC 3 forum. Its that simple.

Incarnated Demon overreacted just because one person posted NT Vergil (someone whose intent wasn't to offend or bring trouble Incarnated Demon). Incarnated Demon does not make the rules and she can't suddenly start making a rule because one person posted NT Vergil. I mean seriously, its just a picture of NT Vergil, no harm no foul. She didn't even title the thread Original DMC Vergil Only. She said "Vergilness" which is a general term now with DmC existing.

No matter what you say there's no excuse for the stupidity and immaturity she exhibited to other people because of some stupid personal biased. She should've let it slide instead she just threw a hissy fit and people tried to showed her (in a passive aggressive manner) how ridiculous she was behaving because of some pictures.

I know you Original DMC Fanatics like to support each other, but supporting the behavior of a person like this is not making your part of the fanbase look good. She was rightfully called out on it by others. If she couldn't handle it, it was best that she left the thread.

Edit: She's gone and people are posting whatever pics of both Vergils. So i think the situation is over with. But really, she should've specified in the first place she just wanted Original Vergil, but its just pics, she could easily ignore them.

Last edited:

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
She could've posted it in either the DMC 1 or DMC 3 forum. Its that simple.

Incarnated Demon overreacted just because one person posted NT Vergil (someone whose intent wasn't to offend or bring trouble Incarnated Demon). Incarnated Demon does not make the rules and she can't suddenly start making a rule because one person posted NT Vergil. I mean seriously, its just a picture of NT Vergil, no harm no foul. She didn't even title the thread Original DMC Vergil Only. She said "Vergilness" which is a general term now with DmC existing.

No matter what you say there's no excuse for the stupidity and immaturity she exhibited to other people because of some stupid personal biased. She should've let it slide instead she just threw a hissy fit and people tried to showed her (in a passive aggressive manner) how ridiculous she was behaving because of some pictures.

I know you Original DMC Fanatics like to support each other, but supporting the behavior of a person like this is not making your part of the fanbase look good. She was rightfully called out on it by others. If she couldn't handle it, it was best that she left the thread.

She could, but that would not make any sense. She wanted pictures of Gilver and DMC3 Vergil to be posted, and possibly Nero Angelo, since he is also Vergil. Gilver does not exist in the DMC games, and DMC3 Vergil and Nero Angelo do not exist in one game. Therefore, you can't choose one thread (DMC1 or DMC3) over the other.

I don't think she overreacted. It started with DragonMaster posting NT Vergil pictures, and she politely asked him not to post NT Vergil pictures. This is what she said: Please don't post NTVergil pics here as the thread is not about said character. I suggest making a new thread for NTVergil. That's not overreacting. Instead of agreeing to her wishes, the first NT Vergil poster replied with ''LOL NOPE'' and chaos ensued. And still she remained civil: ''I am not fan of NTVergil, this thread is not about NTVergil and never was to begin with. It's about original Vergil and i clarified that. Now please stop spamming and instead go to this thread and post NTVergil pics:
http://devilmaycry.org/threads/nt-vergil-thread.17507/''
Of course she's going to get ****ed if she's ignored. There's no excuse for posting pictures in violation of the rules.

I realize the name of the thread did not reflect her wants for the thread's content. So she made a mistake. It does not matter! She explained the rules clearly the moment somebody posted DmC Vergil pictures. After her mistake, there's nothing more you can ask of her. She also changed the description to ''pictures of Gilver and his DMC3 successor only''. Despite all that, people started posting NT Vergil pictures to annoy her. No excuses. ''If she couldn't handle it, it was best that she left the thread''. Dafuq? No, it would be best for her to close the thread, since it was her thread. Instead, because of all the bullsh!t, she chose to leave the site for good. And the sad thing is, you don't even feel bad about that, apparently. Man.

And for your information, I liked DmC. I just didn't think it was a Devil May Cry game. I'm not sure what a DMC fanatic is supposed to be. You either like DmC or you don't. I did, but I'd take DMC over it any day, and there's no shame in that. Don't make blind assumptions about people.

Last edited:

DisappointedSparda

The Disappointed
Dude i don't care what you like, why are you telling me. I'm just saying the topic creator's reaction was dumb and uncalled for. That's all. I don't need to hear your likes and dislikes i could care less. So can we drop it already unless you want to drag on this dumb situation even further.

And i'm not surprised you're defending her behavior with the way you're coming across to me just now. I don't care if she left because of this thread or another thread. I don't get anything from it. I just don't like that people excuse her behavior when she was obviously in the wrong and her overreaction to the situation was just straight out embarrassing. If you don't like it i don't care.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Dude i don't care what you like, why are you telling me. I'm just saying the topic creator's reaction was dumb and uncalled for. That's all. I don't need to hear your likes and dislikes i could care less. So can we drop it already unless you want to drag on this dumb situation even further.

And i'm not surprised you're defending her behavior with the way you're coming across to me just now. I don't care if she left because of this thread or another thread. I don't get anything from it. I just don't like that people excuse her behavior when she was obviously in the wrong and her overreaction to the situation was just straight out embarrassing. If you don't like it i don't care.

You said I was a DMC fanatic (that I only like DMC), so you're the one who prompted that reply. I also like DmC.

As for her reaction, it was ''Please don't post NTVergil pics here as the thread is not about said character. I suggest making a new thread for NTVergil.'' Again, that is not overreacting. If she overreacted after people started purposely annoying her, fine. That would be a mistake, but it's also not her fault; it's the fault of the people who started flaming.

I'm just trying to make a point. To be honest, you come across as sort of aggressive to me, even though you started the discussion (by reacting aggressively and calling me a DMC fanatic, saying I only defended her post because I'm a DMC fanatic). And even in this last post, by saying I ''defend/excuse her behavior''. Surely you are in no position to criticize my reaction if your reaction to my post was bad in the first place. Kind of hypocritical. I'm not defending bad behavior. If she responded badly at some point, there's no excuse for that. But the fact is, it looks like she only responded badly once people started harassing her. Besides, you didn't just respond by saying she was wrong in the way she emotionally reacted, you actually said her entire stance was wrong - that people had the right to post NT Vergil pictures even though she prohibited it. That they were right in treating IncDemon badly. You also said that I was wrong. I simply responded to those things, explaining my view. If you decided not to listen beforehand, why start this debate in the first place?

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
It's simple, Vulcan; a lot of people like to rant, but don't like to deal with the consequences of what they've said. *Shrug*

They expect people to listen to them, but come time to hear the other person out? Forget it.

It's a waste of time to try and change their mind when it's already made up. Not criticizing of course; just saying you should save yourself the trouble, is all.

In any case, we should probably just stick to posting Vergil pics, like this thread was intended.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
It's simple, Vulcan; a lot of people like to rant, but don't like to deal with the consequences of what they've said. *Shrug*

They expect people to listen to them, but come time to hear the other person out? Forget it.

It's a waste of time to try and change their mind when it's already made up. Not criticizing of course; just saying you should save yourself the trouble, is all.

In any case, we should probably just stick to posting Vergil pics, like this thread was intended.

I suppose you're right. Also, I'm back! :laugh: Naah, not really, I'm just hovering around. Got a lot of work to do right now, got some tests later that will allow me to go to university (university is not the same in the Netherlands as in the US) - it's basically... higher. I guess.

0.jpg

UMVC3_Vergil_Devil_Trigger.jpg

That's all I've got right now.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Found a couple of Vergil with Nero. Gotta say, while I'm not a believer in the whole "Nero is Vergil's son" thing I did find these pretty touching

I can't see them :frown:. Is it possible you used the wrong button to insert them? Either that or they link to broken sites.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I see them now! D'aaawww, that's really cute :D. Pretty well drawn, too, considering they had no reference material. Nice!
I agree, I especially like the one with Vergil's back to the viewer. As the shadowy hands reach for him. It's kinda symbolic of a father who's always there to protect his son. If Nero is truly Vergil's son, then I gotta say, I hope we get a game that further explores his origins.

Last edited:

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I agrees, I especially like the one with Vergil's back to the to the viewer. As the shadowy hands reach for him. It's kinda symbolic of a father who's always there to protect his son. If Nero is truly Vergil's son, then I gotta say, I hope we get a game that further explores his origins.

It says in the book that he's the son of a 'whore'... what more do you want... does it really need explaining...

Sorry, I had to do that :p

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
It says in the book that he's the son of a 'whore'... what more do you want... does it really need explaining...
To see it done in a video game. Like I said while I found these pictures touching, I am not a believer of the idea of Nero being Vergil's son. Until it is otherwise stated in an official game (rather then a non-canon book) I'll continue to feel as such. I'm sorry that's just how I feel

Last edited:

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
To see it done in a video game. Like I said while I found this pictures touching, I am not a believer of the idea of Nero being Vergil's son. Until it is otherwise stated in an official game (rather then a non-canon book) I'll continue to feel as such. I'm sorry that's just how I feel

And I totally agree with you (hence the Vergil facepalm).
It should be a rule that only stuff shown 'in games' should be classed as canon (any other form shouldn't).

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
And I totally agree with you (hence the Vergil facepalm).
It should be a rule that only stuff shown 'in games' should be classed as canon (any other form shouldn't).

Agreed; it would save a lot of confusion. While I still like the other media (the anime actually constitutes as canon, as well) I don't see the novels or manga as canon. I see them as being interesting spin-off "what if this happened behind the scenes/in the past" material, and I glean what I can from it-and discard the rest. It's especially difficult to consider them canon, when there are so many glaring inconsistencies.

Top Bottom