• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Unused dialogue

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
CBV_0066=Aren't you going to ask me something meaningful? About the order?
CBV_0067=Got any pizza there?

Found this one, it's in the game?my memorie kinda blacked out now....
Did you make that one up or is it for real, because if it is, that is friggin funny! XD Definitely Kat and Dante.

Xamalo Noel

Did you make that one up or is it for real, because if it is, that is friggin funny! XD Definitely Kat and Dante.

Nope, is for real, I was reading the entire audio stuff, took me a while to find it, but is definitly in there, in the beggining, I tought it was in the game o_o

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Nope, is for real, I was reading the entire audio stuff, took me a while to find it, but is definitly in there, in the beggining, I tought it was in the game o_o
Nope, I know the dialogue in the game pretty well and that wasn't in there. If it was, I'd say it would've come up somewhere Kat takes Dante to the Order, maybe old dialogue stuff used in the car? o.o

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
So it was going to be part of the game! They really should hve kept that in!>_<

Xamalo Noel

Nope, I know the dialogue in the game pretty well and that wasn't in there. If it was, I'd say it would've come up somewhere Kat takes Dante to the Order, maybe old dialogue stuff used in the car? o.o

Oh, that's a shame, it would've been funny and a nod to the Original universe :lol:

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I always find this kind of eerie, to go into a game script and see what could have been. Its an eerieish feeling that I get, to see how much development was put into a game. Am I alone on this?

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
There's way too many dialogue in there it'd take me forever to make picks. Plus, it's kinda hard to tell who's saying who sometimes. Doesn't help much of the lines are mixed and not always in order. :/

Here, I uploaded the whole thing in .txt form so you can check it out by yourselves.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
A stunning find MisterZ, great job!

If anything I think some of these would have made the game a lot more coherent, although they all seem to have the same level of charm as the final script, which is to say nil.

I especially like:

CBV_0807=Kat is in no state to do anything
CBV_0808=Yes I am, you need me
CBV_0809=While they tortured me I left my body, that's how I endured for so long
CBV_0810=I explored Mundus' tower, I know how it works.. how it's wired, what it feels
CBV_0811=You both need me to defeat Mundus.
CBV_0812=And you need each other.

...because it underlines what I've been saying for the last month: Vergil is a complete moron for opposing the idea of rescuing Kat because she's irreplaceable to the operation and he knows it. In fact I'm certain they removed this line because it makes Vergil look even more like an incompetent ninny.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
THIS

IGV_1601=We'll meet up later, you know the plan. I'll be OK. I love you too.
That's Kat right?So at one point they were supposed to be together. That would have made Vergil so much worse when he lets her be taken by SWAT.

Roxas

Really nice! I'm guessing some of these lines were taken out because it was too much a nod to the old series, such as the pizza one. Then again, they kept a lot of stuff and named achievements as nods to the other games, so...

Luluana

THIS

IGV_1601=We'll meet up later, you know the plan. I'll be OK. I love you too.
That's Kat right?So at one point they were supposed to be together. That would have made Vergil so much worse when he lets her be taken by SWAT.

That's weird! It doesn't make sense in the game to be Kat...Maybe it's Lilith? Or Eva? They removed a lot of lines of dante concerned about Kat too...

Top Bottom