• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Unused dialogue

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
Actually, Gilver's armor in the novel isn't described as looking like Nero Angelo's. The most "match" there was was when Nell sees his shadow and it's described as an "armored Knight". Plus he never wore the helmet, nor did Dante ever DT in the novels.

Yeah, there is some inconsistancies, due to DMC3's writers NOT DOUBLE CHECKING established continuity. However, before Kamiya had left capcom, he acknowledged the inconsistances and even said that as far as Capcom had been concerned with the DMC canon up to DMC3's point, the mangas were canon, the novel was canon, and even DMC2 counted. So yes, the character and background info as established in the prequel novels is still canon; Dante once was known as Tony Redgrave; Nell Goldstein made Ebony and Ivory for him. He loves Sundaes, Vergil once covered his identity as Gilver, they met at least once a year prior to DMC3. Yeah, his age is revised from an vaguely implied mid20s to 17, and the art does show some version of Force Edge, but since the narrative itself never describes his sword to look like Force Edge, you can just imagine it's Rebellion in closed state.

It does

"Dante gave a lopsided grin. "Yeah, I kept you waiting. But I'll answer you now, Dante is here."

He pulled the massive sword from its scabbard on his back. Something in the darkness
made the weapon look even larger than it was. The skull design on its hilt seemed to gloat ominously.

"This sword was caged, along with my real name."
Dante thought back to his father's weapon
calling out to him as a child.
The pieces snapped into place. "But now he'll be released."

Rebellion doesn't have a skull hilt.

Force_Edge.jpg

Rebellion_%28sleeping%29_DMC3.gif

Rebellion_DMC4.jpg

Exejpgwmv

Thank the hoary hosts of Hades we didn't have to suffer through that much blatant tutorializing in the final battle.

Thanks game, I think i can work out that his glowing weakspots are glowing weakspots! I've only been hitting them for the last five hours!

Jump up on the Hydra's back, Dante!

I'm glad they removed this line though. We couldn't have any pesky moral ambiguity in our juvenile power fantasy, could we.

If we did we might have had to have Dante express some guilt over getting millions of muggles murdered.
How did he get them murdered?

Top Bottom