• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Unused dialogue

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
So I was messing around with the text files in the Localization>INT folder of the PC version (I was able to get rid of all Tip messages during loading screens) when I decided to take a look at the one that contained all game's subtitles. To my surprise, they were a lot, lot of them. Then I scrolled down through it and then I began to realize something: a lot of the lines in there weren't even in the game!

For example, one of the most interesting exchanges I found was what seemed to be a dialogue after Kat is rescued where she explains how was she able to figure out a way to break in into Mundus' tower:

CBV_0806=Mundus acted impulsively, in anger, the hell gate is spent and Mundus with it, for the time being at least... but now is the time to strike
CBV_0807=Kat is in no state to do anything
CBV_0808=Yes I am, you need me
CBV_0809=While they tortured me I left my body, that's how I endured for so long
CBV_0810=I explored Mundus' tower, I know how it works.. how it's wired, what it feels
CBV_0811=You both need me to defeat Mundus.
CBV_0812=And you need each other.

Which is a shame they didn't include cause it wouldn've filled a little plot hole left in there.
Among other examples that caught my eye were some lines spoken by an unknown character, possibly a news reporter, talking about and lamenting Bob Barbas' recent death, and also what seemed to be an alternate take on the dialogue between Dante and Succubus, where the later keeps trying to persaude the former into drinking her billis by telling him it'd make him feel good.

That's just a few of them. Most of them were also many one-liners from Dante that he would have muttered during gameplay and also some unused boss taunts too. I don't know if any audio files for those lines exist in the game files (I doubt it, tho), but it's kinda intriguing to see so much unused text dialogue still in the game files, which I'll guess they just forgot to remove or figured it'd be necessary at all.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
That is actually really interesting! Thanks for sharing this as it does explain how Kat knew about the tower so well. They really should have left it in.

Would it be possible to share more?^_^ I really want to know what else was left out.

Xamalo Noel

Wow, really interesting indeed!

Also, I spent some time unlocking the artwork in the game(It's like a hobby of mine, every game that has artwork in them, in the game or in a book, I spent time looking at them, they give me inspiration to draw), I kinda think that this DmC had many things, like bosses and mechanics cut for unknown reasons(most of it, especially the bosses, i think it was because NT couldn't find a good way to program them, they are kinda inexperienced, I mean, only two game before this one, one of the bosses artwork I think is used on vergil chronicles...).

Also, it looked like they could do a really different take from DmC, really dark, and this lead me to believe that the first teaser was a test, to see how people would react, to see if they should take more liberty, or to stick a little more close.And we all saw how that worked out....

Zilla

The inFAAMous
^ Some of the concept art is scary and downright creepy, it's awesome. I would definitely be interested in a Ninja Theory-made horror game. (Where the protagonist is secretly nephilim and has a scythe and axe and is actually Dante only called Fante)

The big packet You get for beating Hell and Hell is awesome, some of the enemy designs are amazing. I noticed a few of them are even being brought to life in Vergil's chapter, namely 2.

I loved unlocking all the concept for Dante too, I got the last one (7,000 kills) the other day. Little weak, but it's still nice to see what He could have been.

Xamalo Noel

^ Some of the concept art is scary and downright creepy, it's awesome. I would definitely be interested in a Ninja Theory-made horror game. (Where the protagonist is secretly nephilim and has a scythe and axe and is actually Dante only called Fante)

The big packet You get for beating Hell and Hell is awesome, some of the enemy designs are amazing. I noticed a few of them are even being brought to life in Vergil's chapter, namely 2.

I loved unlocking all the concept for Dante too, I got the last one (7,000 kills) the other day. Little weak, but it's still nice to see what He could have been.

I haven't beat hell and hell tought, i'm in charpter 7...

How do you unlock those with interrogation mark?

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I don't know if any audio files for those lines exist in the game files (I doubt it, tho), but it's kinda intriguing to see so much unused text dialogue still in the game files, which I'll guess they just forgot to remove or figured it'd be necessary at all.

It's possible they could. I've seen games like these on youtube where people uploaded bits of audio that weren't in the final cut of the game but were still somewhere on the disc. It's possible DmC might have them, all you'd need to figure out is how to tap into the audio files! o.o

But that scene with the unused dialogue with Kat, DAMMIT I NEEDED THAT. I really really needed that! :'( That scene felt really cut short as it is.

o.o btw, are there any other changes in dailogue you noticed you can tell us?

Zilla

The inFAAMous
I haven't beat hell and hell tought, i'm in charpter 7...

How do you unlock those with interrogation mark?
Out of the 4, I have unlocked 3. The first one I still haven't gotten, but I assume it may be slaying 10,000 Demons.

1 - ????
2 - Play the game for 50 hours
3 - Deal 5,000,000 total damage
4 - Gain a SSS rank on 60 Missions

Xamalo Noel

Out of the 4, I have unlocked 3. The first one I still haven't gotten, but I assume it may be slaying 10,000 Demons.

1 - ????
2 - Play the game for 50 hours
3 - Deal 5,000,000 total damage
4 - Gain a SSS rank on 60 Missions

Wow, that seems hard....guess I'll just look them on the net :/
But thanks anyways :D

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Wow, that seems hard....guess I'll just look them on the net :/
But thanks anyways :D
Not hard in the slightest, My friend, 50 hours could be achieved by simply sitting at the main menu as the timer starts counting the second your save file is loaded.

5,000,000 million damage can be achieved by playing Heaven or Hell mode because instead of giving every enemy simply 1 HP, it gives every enemy their full health in damage from any source of damage.

And as for SSS ranking 60 missions, it doesn't explicitly mention unique missions, so choose your best mission and SSS rank it 59 more times.

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
Here's some more.

Bob Barbas' death is announced:

IGV_1610=Shortly after that time, several loud blasts were heard.
IGV_1611=It has been alleged that several types of improvised booby trap were left inside the compound.
IGV_1612=These items were clearly designed to maim and kill, showing the inhabitants contempt for the safety of civilians, and their lack of...
IGV_1613=Wait, I'm just getting some breaking news here. Bob Barbas has been killed! My God.
IGV_1614=Details are still emerging, but it seems that one of the terrorist's number broke into Raptor News' studio in broad daylight,
IGV_1615= and shot Bob Barbas in cold blood.
IGV_1616=This truly sickening act of brutality leaves all of us in shock, grieving the loss of a broadcasting legend, some might say a real american hero.
IGV_1617=Let's take a few minutes to contemplate the loss of this great man.

And here's the much less controversial and much more tame dialogue between Succubus and Dante

IGV_1129=What's in those pipes... That smell.. Euch.
[...]
IGV_1132=I know that voice.
IGV_1133=You filthy vermin! How dare you attack a demon queen!
IGV_1134=A queen? You spike peoples drink with your vomit!
IGV_1135=People? You mean those dumb ****ing animals we harvest?
IGV_1136=That's gotta stop.
IGV_1137=Don't you get it? Those maggot humans are only alive because Mundus feasts on them.
IGV_1138=Well I guess Mundus is gonna have to go vegan.
IGV_1139=You little prick! Mundus will be spitting mad when he learns of your impudence!
IGV_1140=Great! That's what I want to hear!
IGV_1141=How did Sparda hide an enormous pain in the arse like you from Mundus?
IGV_1142=Maybe Mundus ain't so godly after all!
IGV_1143=Blasphemous troll! I will ****ing rip you apart!
IGV_1144=Go ahead and try!
IGV_1145=You're just like those wretched maggots up there! Violent and thick as ****! Drink my bile!
IGV_1146=Are you kidding me?
IGV_1147=Drink my bile and release your soul for Mundus to feast on.
IGV_1148=And why would i do that?
IGV_1149=Lobotomise your anger and suffering. Drink my bile and I won't kill you!
IGV_1150=Sounds great but it don't work on me. So I guess I'm gonna have to direct my anger to something more productive: kicking your ugly ass!

I'm sure the game would have saved itself so much mockery if they had used this one, but seeing that was a little too long, it makes sense why they didn't use it.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
"IGV_1147=Drink my bile and release your soul for Mundus to feast on." is 2013's "Fill your dark soul with liiiiiight!". I'll stick with the F*ck You-athon.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Here's some more.

Bob Barbas' death is announced

Sounds like the reporter was talking about Order Headquarters with how the thing went up in smoke after self destruct was armed, that must've been set after that when Dante and Vergil escaped.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Oh! So that line about Bob being an American hero proves the other thread in this forum about Dante being American!

I also like some of the succubus talking. At least it explains why Mundus wants the souls of humans in a clearer way.

Speaking of Mundus, any unused lines for him? Also Lilith and Phineas?

Xamalo Noel

CBV_0066=Aren't you going to ask me something meaningful? About the order?
CBV_0067=Got any pizza there?

Found this one, it's in the game?my memorie kinda blacked out now....

Top Bottom