• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Unknown is the fate of DmC 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frazz

General gamer
Even I would say that Sonic fanbase is one of the bests fanbase out therte (along with megaman fanbase). They make greater things than nearly any other fanbase (specially the Engineering & Reverse engineering stuff and hacks).

And its obvious that, I will not like a downgraded version of my favorite game series. (Because DmC is really is a downgrade, awful cutscenes, awful boss fights, AWFUL final boss fight, well, a lot of bad things really)
Ok here's the last word on this matter... You need to calm down in your hatred. It's perfectly fine to dislike DmC, it really is but instead of dismissing it all as "awful" you should remember that that is subjective to you and thus shouldn't state it being a "downgrade" as fact. If you have criticisms then suggest ways that a potential DmC 2 could address your issues rather than just saying certain things are "awful".

ON TOPIC!!!: DmC 2's chances are unclear at this point as there are certainly people who very much enjoy the game but after the abuse from before NT may not want to make it. It would be interesting if perhaps they collaborated with Capcom and did the environmental design and maybe the Mocap work on a sequel to either DmC or DMC4.

Devil Player

Even if DmC sales weren't fantastic, I still hope we might see a sequel eventually.

Well, maybe Vergil's Downfall works as a sequel, given the fact that it happens after DmC, lol. DmC 2 and DMC 5 both confirmed would be intense, sexy and delicious. ;)

I usually get lost when 2 different franchises ( in that case, DMC and DmC ) get sequels, BUT Capcom gave us Megaman x games without even finishing the story of the old games ( they stopped at Megaman 9, I think ). It's funny that they came back to the original Megaman timeline after Megaman X8, without even concluding both universes ).

I think DmC universe is just starting, while DMC universe could be getting to its end.

Anyway, DMC 3 sold poorly ( even worse than DMC 2) and then DMC 3 SE sold really well. Maybe the same happens to DmC DE.

The Final Offer

Boy after reading the response to my post, I'm beginning to think "gay" is a bad thing. I'm Beginning to think that Dantes sexuality is a MUST BE STRAIGHT for fans.

But hey, me getting confused about something that's COMPLETELY looked over by mods ********* is my problem.

You know what? I'm convinced gay means bad. So this thread is gay. Like ultra gay. Gay because everything that has been said after my quote is anti homosexual. No one gives a crap about people saying homosexuality is wrong. But cares about someone's opinion about a game and how they criticize it!?

**** that. I'm on topic because it's about the **** topic!

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Even I would say that Sonic fanbase is one of the bests fanbase out therte (along with megaman fanbase). They make greater things than nearly any other fanbase (specially the Engineering & Reverse engineering stuff and hacks).

And its obvious that, I will not like a downgraded version of my favorite game series. (Because DmC is really is a downgrade, awful cutscenes, awful boss fights, AWFUL final boss fight, well, a lot of bad things really)
5190094.jpg

Well, no. Because I'm not gonna get involved in this again. I will simply say this.

Opinions mean nothing to me unless you back it up with something that makes that opinion valid. Just saying, "it's not my thing" can even suffice. You just wanna call the latest game awful on all fronts without rhyme or reason, then there's no point in even talking about it. That's simply not true. I suggest you lift those foggy rose tinted glasses for a sec, otherwise, you'd never see why hardcore fans like myself, still enjoyed the offering. If it was truly a downgraded experience on all fronts, I'd be the first to tell you.

Then again, it's not like people want to see from a different perspective either. They just automatically assume everyone who likes it doesn't have a clue of what they're talking about. Silly gamers in a nutshell really. This is why we can't have nice things.

I have my criticism on the latest game just like every other game in the series. I'm not oblivious to the faults. My favorite is still the original game so make of that what you will. I guess I'm just not a "real" Devil May Cry fan right? Isn't that what anyone who thinks differently of the new one is to most of these people?

The Final Offer

5190094.jpg

Well, no. Because I'm not gonna get involved in this again. I will simply say this.

Opinions mean nothing to me unless you back it up with something that makes that opinion valid. Just saying, "it's not my thing" can even suffice. You just wanna call the latest game awful on all fronts without rhyme or reason, then there's no point in even talking about it. That's simply not true. I suggest you lift those foggy rose tinted glasses for a sec, otherwise, you'd never see why hardcore fans like myself, still enjoyed the offering. If it was truly a downgraded experience on all fronts, I'd be the first to tell you.

Then again, it's not like people want to see from a different perspective either. They just automatically assume everyone who likes it doesn't have a clue of what they're talking about. Silly gamers in a nutshell really. This is why we can't have nice things.

I have my criticism on the latest game just like every other game in the series. I'm not oblivious to the faults. My favorite is still the original game so make of that what you will. I guess I'm just not a "real" Devil May Cry fan right? Isn't that what anyone who thinks differently of the new one is to most of these people?

Lord Dante, Innsmouth, Kam, tyrant, and plenty others have said the same things with no proof. You prove to them and they continue believing their lies are true.

They're gay people to converse with.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Even if DmC sales weren't fantastic, I still hope we might see a sequel eventually.

Well, maybe Vergil's Downfall works as a sequel, given the fact that it happens after DmC, lol. DmC 2 and DMC 5 both confirmed would be intense, sexy and delicious. ;)

I usually get lost when 2 different franchises ( in that case, DMC and DmC ) get sequels, BUT Capcom gave us Megaman x games without even finishing the story of the old games ( they stopped at Megaman 9, I think ). It's funny that they came back to the original Megaman timeline after Megaman X8, without even concluding both universes ).

I think DmC universe is just starting, while DMC universe could be getting to its end.

Anyway, DMC 3 sold poorly ( even worse than DMC 2) and then DMC 3 SE sold really well. Maybe the same happens to DmC DE.

I think that maybe Capcom is thinking of going with DMC and finish the original saga, while keeping the DmC window open. Cause they know the majority of fans want a DMC game, but they also know that DmC's got some fanbase too. And just like wine, the longer you take it stored, the better it becomes.

Cause look at the current situation. Right now, DMC4 is the old wine. DmC DE trailer comes out with a 10 secs DMC4 SE teaser at the end, and people freak out screaming out of joy. Money incoming.
If they decide to go with DMC now, and finish the saga in next years, DmC will be the old wine and Capcom can then make a sequel to it. It's like they're preparing the field now, with DmC and its DE.

Goldsickle

High level players still stand and shoot in RE6...walking while aiming/shooting is an option, but not effective at all. You're much better off doing stand/shoot > dash to target > melee kill.
Maybe you just didn't utilize the convenience much.
Walk-aim-shoot allows me to reposition myself without the need to lower my weapon.
In RE5, during instances where I don't have a line of fire, I have to lower my weapon, reposition and re-aim.

Or if an enemy closes in on me, I have to lower weapon > quick turn > run > quick turn back > re-aim.
In RE6, I can just move back with my weapon still drawn.

And it's not just walk-and-shoot but walking while attacking in general.
I could move forward while slashing with my knife in RE6.
But back in RE5, if the enemy staggers away, I have to put away the knife, close in and redraw the knife to continue slashing.

And RE6 was a massive sales failure to Capcom. About 4 million short of what they expected, I think.
I honestly don't know where you get your news but that's far removed from reality.

The projected sales is 7 million copies but was lowered to 5 million.
As of September 30th last year, RE6 has already sold 6 million copies and is Capcom's 3rd best-selling game.

So everything worked out in the end for RE6.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I think that maybe Capcom is thinking of going with DMC and finish the original saga, while keeping the DmC window open. Cause they know the majority of fans want a DMC game, but they also know that DmC's got some fanbase too. And just like wine, the longer you take it stored, the better it becomes.

Cause look at the current situation. Right now, DMC4 is the old wine. DmC DE trailer comes out with a 10 secs DMC4 SE teaser at the end, and people freak out screaming out of joy. Money incoming.
If they decide to go with DMC now, and finish the saga in next years, DmC will be the old wine and Capcom can then make a sequel to it. It's like they're preparing the field now, with DmC and its DE.
I'm sorry, are we under the impression DMC 4 is fine wine? What the flock are you drinking?

And the reaction merely to just Vergil having something to do with DMC 4 I think speaks volumes to how narrow minded a lot of fans are. This is seriously why we can't have nice things.

To be honest, I say leave DMC 4 behind because unless they overhaul it immensely, it's not worth salvaging. Better off just making a new game. But Capcom can't afford that, can they? How much money do you speculate a Special Edition of DMC 4 will make? You people overestimate the appeal of the Devil May Cry series nowadays.

DMC 4 Special Edition, over 7 years after release, is only Capcom showing us how limited on options they are. Just look at nearly all of the releases they have been working on as of late. It's remasters, small episodic projects, and DLC campaigns. The only big title Capcom has went all in for as of late is the new Street Fighter, because it's the safest big bet they have.

Sure there's also Dragon's Dogma Online, but it's staying exclusive to Japan with no plans of being brought here. Why is that? It did fairly decent over here to warrant even the Dark Arisen version of the game. So why keep a online follow up exclusive to their local area? Because Capcom is severely limited on options. Bringing it state side with a western version will cost even more money. Money Capcom's afraid they won't make back.

All those times being so stupid with their money because of ignorance and unrealistic ambitions, have come to bite Capcom on the ass hard. Everything they are doing now, is merely all they have in an attempt to keep their head above water.

I'm not trying to be cynical, just realistic. I'd love it for Capcom to bounce back and rise up to become one of the heavy hitters in the gaming industry once more. I just don't see it happening. If Capcom survives when this is all said and done, maybe they'll finally have that wake up call.

Last edited:

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
even if DmC won't get a sequel, can NT use the designs, character, back story, everything in it, and change their names to whatever? or for more drastic measures, use all the designs and change the whole story and names, make it a mario something story i dont care, can they do that? DmC's designs, characters and gameplay really got to me, it lingers like cranberries' linger and i really hate to see them gone just like that, just for the reason of effin sale numbers..

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

I agree with this. Just make DMC5 for the classic fans and when that train's set, maybe call up NT for a sequel. But then again, we don't know how many DMCs will come about after DMC5 so the chances of a DmC2 seem small but stranger things in this buisness have happened. Bayonetta getting a sequel, Assassin's Creed is still afloat despite every single game's glitches, etc.

even if DmC won't get a sequel, can NT use the designs, character, back story, everything in it, and change their names to whatever? or for more drastic measures, use all the designs and change the whole story and names, make it a mario something story i dont care, can they do that? DmC's designs, characters and gameplay really got to me, it lingers like cranberries' linger and i really hate to see them gone just like that, just for the reason of effin sale numbers..

I hope if DmC2 isn't made that NT takes their stuff from DmC (gameplay techniques, designs, art work, etc.) and make a game that could rival Devil May Cry. Because, lets face it, Devil May Cry as a whole isn't a very hard series to defeat. Look at Ninja Gaiden and hell, Bayonetta.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
Wow those last pages were filth and disgusting.

You people, I swear. ALl you do around here is troll, insult, and do "which Dante has the biggest pork" contest. It's the same **** over and over again.
For once, could you guys not go into a blooded rage or is that too much to ask for?

I'm sorry mods for talking about it, but...jesus that was embaressing.

ON-TOPIC:
Whether DmC2 gets a sequel or not doesn't matter to me. I hope if there is though, NT do better. If a DMC5, Capcom better not screw it up like always.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
I hope if DmC2 isn't made that NT takes their stuff from DmC (gameplay techniques, designs, art work, etc.) and make a game that could rival Devil May Cry. Because, lets face it, Devil May Cry as a whole isn't a very hard series to defeat. Look at Ninja Gaiden and hell, Bayonetta.

this, i wanna see this, if all DmC ever be is all the bashing i've read on the internet, then being a contender in the h/s genre as a new IP is the way to go, just take everything about DmC and leave anything that has to do with DMC and capcom, and you're definitely right, it aint hard to defeat.. i have faith in NT

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
this, i wanna see this, if all DmC ever be is all the bashing i've read on the internet, then being a contender in the h/s genre as a new IP is the way to go, just take everything about DmC and leave anything that has to do with DMC and capcom, and you're definitely right, it aint hard to defeat.. i have faith in NT

Well the hate for the design is mostly from most of the DMC fanbase. But the level design, artwork, and such is something that can be worked on and improved for future usage.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
In the end, it doesn't matter what the fans want. Fanbase's wishes are completely irrelevant to capcom or any other money-printing company, so if lot of you expect that words talk louder than money, you have to deal with reality. In the modern gaming lot of franchises were left without sequels simply because "not enough copies sold". And among them much better games than DmC or DMC.

corrnata

Implying capcom will be around in a few years

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
In the end, it doesn't matter what the fans want. Fanbase's wishes are completely irrelevant to capcom or any other money-printing company, so if lot of you expect that words talk louder than money, you have to deal with reality. In the modern gaming lot of franchises were left without sequels simply because "not enough copies sold". And among them much better games than DmC or DMC.

I agree but up to a certain point. Think about the example of the old wine I made before. People are f*cking excited about DMC4 SE, cause the wine matured well. That does mean money, pal, people are so gonna buy it.
People's words do count, if they have the sweet smell of money.

Implying capcom will be around in a few years

You don't say? XD of course.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I agree but up to a certain point. Think about the example of the old wine I made before. People are f*cking excited about DMC4 SE, cause the wine matured well. That does mean money, pal, people are so gonna buy it.
People's words do count, if they have the sweet smell of money.
Not to capcom. Think how many old popular franchises were neglected by them including power hits back than as Onimusha and Dino Crisis, because they won't warranty huge money on the spot.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I don't really think I need to put up a long winded explanation as to why I'm locking this thread. Huh, I'm starting to see that padlock image so much nowadays it may as well be the emoticon that symbolises my hopes for some of you to keep these threads alive. Basically my trust in some of you in that department is lacking.

Anybody who wishes to continue with valid points. I suggest making a thread of your own to discuss them or express them in another relevant thread. But this one is being closed because...

...A small fight always ends up into an all out brawl. I'm seeing it a lot lately. For those who come in with the soul intent of making things worse, please stop jumping on the bandwagon. Stop thinking that your behaviour is acceptable, when it really isn't.

Over the last few days we've had reports coming in left, right and centre. And all near enough to do with flame baiting. But to those who do report these 'flaming' posts, what else do you do about it? Do you ignore it? No, you address it and then it becomes much worse. And then everybody else pokes their head in to see what they can add to the already increasing chaos.

Enough is enough already. Because quite frankly my patience here is running a bit thin. And if this kind of behaviour carries on and threads keep becoming closed like this then let me just say. It won't be a thread being locked in future. It'll be the account of those who fail to listen to the rules, our pleas and who keep finding themselves in trouble time and time again. Despite however many warnings (official or not)

Thread Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom