• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Did you know that Universal Studios plan to make a shared universe (a trend lately, eh?), including all of the monsters of their films?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Monsters_Cinematic_Universe

We're talking movies like Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, The Mummy.

I'm pretty excited tbh. Especially about The Wolf Man, being a huge Werewolf fan. The original Wolfman was the one movie that set the cinematic standard for werewolves, and although it got mixed reception, I also loved 2010's The Wolfman:

The-Wolfman-2010-image.jpg

Especially how the creature was presented, as a beast so fast you can't even see it while it kills you. Look up the scene where it slays those roamers to see what I'm talking about. That gore, too.

So, what do you think? Which film do you look forward the most? In the Wikipedia link you'll find the movies that will be part of the UMCU.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Yeah I heard about it, Dracula Untold was suppose to be the start off movie for it.

If it still is, I'm unsure, since Dracula Untold did get some mixed reception (Then again, so did Man of Steel, but that's still being used as the kick off to the DCEU). Either way, I do hope Luke Evans comes back as Dracula, I wanna see that guy in more movies, but show him struggling more with his vampirism, he can still be an anti-hero though (Blame Lords of Shadows and Hellsing, but I like Dracula as an anti-hero). But for god's sake, could they cut down a little with the mediocre cg? The 'vamp face' from Untold, could still be pulled off, and I think, look a thousand times better, if they had used make up.

Btw, I also enjoyed The Wolfman 2010 (though I acknowledge it is flawed), that werewolf make-up is beautiful

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yeah I hope they'll consider practical effects instead of CGI. Or at least, a good mixture of both, like The Wolfman did.

I sure as hell like this (did a good job making you see it's a beast while at the same time you can recognize it's Anthony Hopkins' character):

Hopkins-wolf.jpg

more than this, from Van Helsing (look at how cartoonish it looks... although the werewolf vs vampire battle was cool, the effects not so much):

VAN_HELSING_werewolf_3_by_wolfie666.jpg

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Yeah I hope they'll consider practical effects instead of CGI. Or at least, a good mixture of both, like The Wolfman did.

I sure as hell like this (did a good job making you see it's a beast while at the same time you can recognize it's Anthony Hopkins' character):

Hopkins-wolf.jpg

more than this, from Van Helsing (look at how cartoonish it looks... although the werewolf vs vampire battle was cool, the effects not so much):

VAN_HELSING_werewolf_3_by_wolfie666.jpg

Totally, here's a pic from another werewolf movie that got a mixed recption, Wolves
tzxdflhzro4hlk_du31pq61mtvhj51dm1zig7g_-c84.png

And here's one from Teen Wolf (Show) kinda simplistic, but I think it works for that series
3830271_orig.jpg

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
These monsters have had crossovers before so I can see them all coming together again.

Man, I would love for Guillermo Del Toro to remake The Creature From The Black Lagoon. Can you imagine how awesome something like that could be?

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
while we're at it, this is a really good werewolf movie, backthen at least, never had the chance to watch it again since i can't find the dvd here which i'm really dying to..

and the werewolf look here is awesome, they should probably remake this..

oh, the trailer didn't do the movie justice, one really sucky trailer..

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
These monsters have had crossovers before so I can see them all coming together again.

Man, I would love for Guillermo Del Toro to remake The Creature From The Black Lagoon. Can you imagine how awesome something like that could be?
Actually.....that's not a bad idea at all.....Heck Del Toro I think could do a good job with any of them...

Anybody else got an ideas for directors?

Joss Whedon made Buffy and Angel, he'd be great (though he did just get finished with one film universe)

Part of me almost wants to say Gareth Edwards, he made a suspense film about a 350 foot dino that (admittedly depending on who you ask) that worked. Picture if he tried something with a vampire or a werewolf?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
while we're at it, this is a really good werewolf movie, backthen at least, never had the chance to watch it again since i can't find the dvd here which i'm really dying to..

and the werewolf look here is awesome, they should probably remake this..

oh, the trailer didn't do the movie justice, one really sucky trailer..

I saw that movie, really liked it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
BTW, one of the best transformation scenes from werewolf movies back there:

One of the best? Dude, that's THE best werewolf transformation ever.

oh wow nice, this is rare, i never met people that have watched this..

There's no werewolf fan that hasn't watched Dog Soldiers. Plus, since I aim to hunt one of them one day, I gotta learn as much as possible about them.

Eyes on your prey, not the horizon (who got the reference?).

Top Bottom