• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ultimate Final Fantasy Debate!

Who's Name is Worse?

• Snow

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Hope

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Cloud

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Lightning??!

I really haven't got a clue, hows about a clue to which game they are in?

Meg

:lol: Well here's a hint, my favorite is NOT in the following FF games, 1-12 including all the spin offs.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Soooo they are in FF13 and your fave character in 13 is Lightning?
Or...
Ooooh Oooooh it's Snow isn't it - your just too afraid to admit it?

Meg

Ebony;228873 said:
Ooooh Oooooh it's Snow isn't it - your just too afraid to admit it?

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O GAAAH! I've been found out! Haha. No, Its Lightning. But considering how I haven't played that many FF games that isn't saying much. Oh well.

Meg

It depends on the reviews. I'm interested in Versus XIII and Agito XIII because the former is supposed to be an action game and the ladder because its supposed to be set up like Crisis Core. (which i like) Before I would pay absolutely no attention to details on a new FF game, but since I love XIII you can bet I'll pay attention. Although XIV is gonna be an MMO soooo :dry: maybe. BIG maybe.

Meg

Massive Multiplayer Online. (or something like that) Its going to be (basically) World of Warcraft with a Final Fantasy style.

CloudStryker

Surviving
meg127;228889 said:
Massive Multiplayer Online. (or something like that) Its going to be (basically) World of Warcraft with a Final Fantasy style.

Didn't they try something like that with XI. :huh:
And failed. Miserably.

aka958

Don't trust people
^Only too you and the majority of those who haven't played it.
Many of those who has say it's pretty awesome.

It sucks in my opinion because I don't feel I would like any of the characters, except Shantotto but then that's it. All you see is those empty characters with no meaning scattering in the wild...

I long for FFXIII agito, though it won't have any relation to FFXIII but the terms "Fal'Cie" and "L'Cie". Nothing else about it is related to FFXIII, too bad...

I don't have a PS3 so it doesn't matter about FFXIII Versus to me. It looks hella awesome but, yeah, I won't buy anything of that price to get that, no way.

FFXIV will be a MMO as said before, but only for the PC and PS3. I think it's because the Xbox360's version of FFXI didn't sell well that they knew they wouldn't earn that much on releasing FFXIV on the good ol' 360.

Ohh! And a possibility for Dissidia 2!!!! That. would. be. too. friggin'. spectacularly. awesome!!!

Meg

aka958;229236 said:
Ohh! And a possibility for Dissidia 2!!!! That. would. be. too. friggin'. spectacularly. awesome!!!

Where'd you hear that? I might get it. The first Dissidia got old really fast, but if they make it 10x better i might buy it. And if Lightning's playable that's good to. ^_^

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Can I ask something. I've pretty much ignored Dissidia 'cuz i didn't have a PSP. I now have one and didn't know if it was worth buying. I don't know anything about it, so whats it about?

Thanks in advance!

aka958

Don't trust people
Ebony;229538 said:
Can I ask something. I've pretty much ignored Dissidia 'cuz i didn't have a PSP. I now have one and didn't know if it was worth buying. I don't know anything about it, so whats it about?

Thanks in advance!

It's worth it if your a fan of the series, likes to fight tactical instead of button mashing, like that different stages do have different feels and uses, characters that are vastly different, endless og customiseable builds for your characters, a pretty bad story but FF characters from different games actually talking to each other and commenting their ways is pretty AWESOME.

Meg didn't like it that much, but she ain't that much of a FF fan either.
I loved it, still playing it since release. I've got myself a nice 380 hours on it, and haven't gone near to complete all yet.

It has so much too offer and is one of the best games available on the PSP system.

I heard about Dissidia 2 from sources that said Tetsuya Nomura said that he would do his best about "Dissidia 2". Many says that Sazh and Lightning will surely be two of the playable characters. But everything is still just speculations. You know, Tetsuya really likes to use Twitter...

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
Who has the worse name? Well..... Cloud obviously, not to mention that his personality was horrible as well. It took him, what, like three years to friggen smile! Hope can go too, I was just about ready to slap him silly. Snow? I admit, Snow grew to me. I like his personality.

But I got to say, Squall just needs to choose a friggen name. He's called Squall in Final Fantasy, but in Kingdom Hearts, he's called Leon..... WTF?! :huh:

Meg

aka958;229563 said:
Meg didn't like it that much, but she ain't that much of a FF fan either.

As I've already said, if how much you like it depends on whether or not you're a FF fan then it probably isn't very good. Ebony, what kind of fighting games do you like? That could really effect how you like Dissidia. I love Tekken because of its complexity and deep gameplay. Dissidia's gameplay is shallow and you only use two buttons. To me its repetitive and while each character is different they aren't different or interesting enough (except Cecil) to keep my interest.

@Aka. If Lightning's in it I might have to play it just to see her reaction to some of the more happy pappy FF characters. :lol:

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
@ AKA - Thanks, I do like tactical and I love the artwork for the game - Characters like Zidane and Lulu look so cool!

@ Meg - Thanks. I Love Tekken just as much as DMC....well almost as much I sorta wasn't that impressed with Tekken 6. I once came 3rd in a regional Tekken Tournament - I love Kazuya! I Lee you fave? Anyhoo back to Final Fantasy....so yeah I like Tekken, but I also like tactics - does this mean it's my dream game - the 2 things in 1?

aka958

Don't trust people
meg127;229677 said:
As I've already said, if how much you like it depends on whether or not you're a FF fan then it probably isn't very good. Ebony, what kind of fighting games do you like? That could really effect how you like Dissidia. I love Tekken because of its complexity and deep gameplay. Dissidia's gameplay is shallow and you only use two buttons. To me its repetitive and while each character is different they aren't different or interesting enough (except Cecil) to keep my interest.

@Aka. If Lightning's in it I might have to play it just to see her reaction to some of the more happy pappy FF characters. :lol:

o_O You serious? Tekken is more of a button masher! Mash buttons in different combinations all over again instead of being precise with your attacks and plan your moves. It's not shallow because it only has two buttons for attacks, it's complex. I mean, equipping so many stuff to be able to play your character the way you want it?
Basic, special, booster and trading accessories.
Equipment...
Abilities that require you to choose wisely for it to be appealing for your tactics and ways of playing.
Stages are more complex than any of the repetetive and shallow stages of Tekken.
Blocking isn't just something you hold to use, you use it as a move, if it don't block anything you'll stagger before you can move, if you do block something that is blockable you get the chance to counter.
You just haven't found your character yet. You got bored after, what was it? Around ten hours... You can't even unlock everything in that short amount of time. You haven't even give one of the characters a chance in that amount of time. The characters have deep, complex and vastly different styles, every and single on of them.

So... Conclusion, summary, whatever: Tekken is beyond shallow in comparison to Dissidia.

@Ebony: This game has tactical stuff, yes. Not that many attacks, yes. But!!! Alot of the characters can combo their attacks, like Golbez, Jecht, Sephiroth, Zidane, Bartz, Onion Knight, Firion, Warrior of Light, Garland, Kefka, Ultimecia, Gabranth, etc.
Jecht is pure awesomeness for anyone who can master him. I can't still...

Meg

Ummm....Aka, not to be rude but seriously? First off! I said more than once I thought Cecil was cool, so I did find my character. Second, I played for way more than ten hours its just that it started to get dull after ten hours. Third, Tekken can be a mindless button masher if you don't play it correctly, but if you do its very involved. Its all about timing and performing the right moves at the right times. Dissidia in comparison to that is shallow.

@Ebony- You got 3rd? o_O Congratulations, that's wonderful! :lol: Well, you got both sides of the argument. Aka and I obviously have different opinions and preferences we're not going to agree on soooo....I say play the demo for awhile first.

Oh Oh Oh! Lee and Hwaorang (sp?) are tied as my two favorites. King's cool to.

Top Bottom