• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Twitter Hires Sarkeesian

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Do you support her, do you want her to gain more attention & be seen & recognised as a crusader that sole reason is to fight for justice, equality & fairness towards women & freedom of expression because that's what she stands actually for ?
No, it's not that.

I just want people to know that she's slowly taking over so that they can avoid her.
She's on twitter now so i think the best thing to do is let her back herself into a corner, eventually more people will stop support of her.
That's what I'm trying to do -- I'm trying to tell people to steer clear so that she won't gain any more attention.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
That just brings attention towards her specifically, plays into her hands & she plays us like a fiddle.
She can't play us if we avoid the platforms that she's been able to dominate recently.

We already can't comment on her videos, so all we can do now is tell others to avoid the pitfall.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'm telling them to avoid twitter -- it's a platform they're already using.

Did you know that some guy got thrown in jail for an "offensive post"?

This is what we need to warn them about.

Meg

I really don't think Anita is the evil mastermind you guys are making her out to be. And even if she is, all she is doing is saying stupid things about video games. People agreeing with her will not cause the world to end. You're both taking this way too seriously.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I really don't think Anita is the evil mastermind you guys are making her out to be. And even if she is, all she is doing is saying stupid things about video games. People agreeing with her will not cause the world to end. You're both taking this way too seriously.
Believe it or not, she isn't some girl who posting stupid things on YT. She went as far as to apply to UN agency. Here's interesting article about it. http://thegg.net/opinion-editorial/...-that-contains-sexual-violence-against-women/
And while there is no direct name-calling, her signature is all over it.

Frazz

General gamer

That just brings attention towards her specifically, plays into her hands & she plays us like a fiddle.
This just made me think that Sarkeesian is the leader of Cipher - "they played us like a damn fiddle!".

On topic: I think this is a dumb move from Twitter but VampireWicked is right. In giving her negative press she just gets more attention. It's like religion in that the radical, terrorist muslims make all the others look bad as Sarkeesian makes all feminists and feminist thinking look bad due to her more extreme take on it. Women should of course be equal to men but female video game characters do not need to be toned down visually as I've never met someone who is misogynistic or has unrealistic expectations due to video game characters.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
But these people are already on twitter and yt; which means that at least a good amount of them most likely have already heard of her.

I'm just trying to warn them to steer clear of anita now that she's in a position of authority.

Ignorance of a "crime" in her eyes would be no excuse because she would still bring down the hammer on anyone she wants -- regardless if they were aware of her taking offense or not.

Meg

Regardless, there is way worse evil in the world than Anita Sarkeesian. :facepalm:

But I'm not going to say anymore about it. Just continue to keep it civil. :thumbsup:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
There are worse evil in world, but instead of addressing them UN agency addresses "bad treatment of women in VIDEO GAMES" thanks to Anita.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Precisely.

Once you bring the UN into this, matters become much more serious than they were previously.

Meg

@VampireWicked I didn't mean you were calling her those things exactly. Rather, from the back and forth I was reading, it seemed you guys were making her into a bigger deal than she actually is.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Yes lets throw money at third rated con artist so she can make up more made up crap. its not like people suffering from lack of food and water and wild animals getting exterminated anywhere.

Top Bottom