• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tis' a shame....

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
That's a tough one.

Dream Drop Distance had a better system when it came to magic usage and special attacks, but to me it just felt less free in terms of Transvaal compared to Birth by Sleep. I know the flying around on pipes and stuff looks handy, but it just feels a bit stationary to me since you're not in control of the character until you jump off.
but Axels in it or Lea oh wait he's in both games? Friggin their both amazing

Nekodark

So from I am getting their reasons for saying this is not a DmC game is because of how they feel or what they preserve as a DMC game to them, so it is not fact then just what is thought of from the person so to dismiss the game as 'Not a DMC game' is not fact just what the person thinks and feels but Officially which is the more important thing is that it is a DMC game just not in the same series but an spin-off of the game, humm never mind because it seems there is no real reason to say it is or is not because people go by what they feel and if the feelings are split then the core of the sentence in any way is moot because even if I felt it is not a DMC game myself I would respect that it is a DMC game officially and I can't see myself saying 'This is not this' just because of how I felt since it is not fact just what I think and feel but it is fine people do not think it is a DMC game and if they think it is because what is out there is that it is one nothing official disputes that what I would love to see is if one says it they say 'To me this is/is not a DMC game' or 'In my opinion this is/is not a DMC game' not just flat out say it as if it's the truth when so much out from the owners of the brand says it is. but hey that is just me I like both and both are DMC to me I get the same feeling of both but understand others don't but it effect nothing of what I feel.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Oh wait till you see him in Dream Drop Distance.;)
tumblr_m4kspezYiV1rwcc6bo1_400.gif

DarkSlayer54

Please tell me you're being sarcastic and reread my previous post again that's all the explanation you need right there this game is simply not Devil May Cry.I'm not going to go back in forth with someone who already has their mind made up from the beginning the only thing that will do is waste my time and possibly yours.
Huh? Your post told me absolutely nothing. Where's your explanation?
If you don't want to discuss this, that's fine. You don't have to if you don't want to... but I should add first, that my mind wasn't made up from the beginning.

I HATED DmC at the beginning. I didn't want it to be related to DMC.... but once the demo came out, I started to really like it. There's a good chance that it will be my favorite DMC.

This next bit isn't directed to you at all... just throwing my two cents.

As a DMC1 fan, I'd say DmC is a great addition to the series. Dante has changed dramatically in every addition to DMC... and his personality has changed as well. Seeing character changes is no surprise.
The gameplay... still has that DMC feel to it. True, that gothic feel is no longer here, but to me it left DMC after the first game.
The biggest issue I have with the gameplay is that the devil trigger raises enemies into the air. I just find that boring. I also kind of dislike the focus on air combat... but I do love how easy it is.

Dante as a character, is still Dante. He goes to parties, gets drunk, eats pizza... seems pretty similar to what DMC3 Dante would have done.

Overall, every DMC game has been so different from one another.

DMC1: Strategy counts here. Going for critical hits and finding out enemy weaknesses are the only "Puzzles" of DMC1. Combat is great, and there are a lot of possibilities when doing combo's. All in all, tactics make this game easy.
DMC2: Strategy is still there, but it's the same kind of strategy used in DMC3. It's more about "when and where do I attack from" rather than "what do I attack with". The combat is lacking in this one... it also tried to add a pinch of air combat. Guns make this game easy.
DMC3: The combat was greatly improved. The difficulty was really ramped up. It's no longer forgiving like the first game, instead it tried to be Ninja Gaiden and make every casual player cry. There are a lot of puzzles in DMC3 as well. And I guess, styles would make DMC3 easy to some extent... I abused the hell out of royal guard to get passed a few bosses. It still wasn't easy though. :/
For a casual player, air combat was never really a thing in DMC3.

I doubt my explanations for the games due justice to my opinion... pretty horrible at explaining... but as far as gameplay goes, DmC still follows the DMC pattern.
I do hate the changes to Dante though... like how he's a half angel and half demon. I'm hoping the story will make up for this, but all I can do is just wait and see.

Top Bottom