• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tis' a shame....

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
There is legit complains and there is just needless flaming.

Personally, this isn't a true DMC game but it looks decent on its own. Still very casualized combat compared to DMC3/4.

Nekodark

I need to know since I've been seeing this line a lot but what makes a true DMC game what is it about the game that makes it DMC. since a lot of people say it DmC is not a real DMC game or feels like a DMC game what is it that makes one what is in the original series that is used to measure this game to say it is not a true DMC game..I really want to know since some say it feels like a DMC game and others don't what makes it so. What makes a true DMC game?

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I need to know since I've been seeing this line a lot but what makes a true DMC game what is it about the game that makes it DMC. since a lot of people say it DmC is not a real DMC game or feels like a DMC game what is it that makes one what is in the original series that is used to measure this game to say it is not a true DMC game..I really want to know since some say it feels like a DMC game and others don't what makes it so. What makes a true DMC game?
You would have to play all the DMC's (yes including 2) and then look at DmC nothing about them are the same you could argue both have demons and "cool" and "badass" dante same move sets and you still have rebellion and ebony&ivory but everything's been changed to a point where its unrecognizable to the original series the only thing that connects DMC and DmC together are character names, move sets, and weapon names thats pretty much it

Nekodark

You would have to play all the DMC's (yes including 2) and then look at DmC nothing about them are the same you could argue both have demons and "cool" and "badass" dante same move sets and you still have rebellion and ebony&ivory but everything's been changed to a point where its unrecognizable to the original series the only thing that connects DMC and DmC together are character names, move sets, and weapon names thats pretty much it

That really does not answer the question since I have played and still own the original games and to me none of the games really seem to connect together not even Dante is the same to me in each it is like they had a guys with different personalities have white hair and a red coat. and if DmC have the core things of DMC what makes it not a DMC game and mind you it is not suppose to be in the same universe as the original DMC game but parallel if you would.

No I want to know what makes a DMC game a DMC game if as you said DmC has the recognizable things from the main series but not trying to be the main series, saying it's not a DMC game is correct but people are saying it like it is a bad thing or is missing something that makes DMC a DMC game if so what is that thing and I am not talking of preference of the person since as I said all have split minds on this something has to make DMC to say that DmC is or as I see mostly is not a DmC game. I mean if one is going to use 'It's not a DMC game' in an argument I would love to know more of why and what makes a DMC game for them to say DmC is not.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
That really does not answer the question since I have played and still own the original games and to me none of the games really seem to connect together not even Dante is the same to me in each it is like they had a guys with different personalities have white hair and a red coat. and if DmC have the core things of DMC what makes it not a DMC game and mind you it is not suppose to be in the same universe as the original DMC game but parallel if you would.
No I want to know what makes a DMC game a DMC game if as you said DmC has the recognizable things from the main series but not trying to be the main series, saying it's not a DMC game is correct but people are saying it like it is a bad thing or is missing something that makes DMC a DMC game if so what is that thing and I am not talking of preference of the person since as I said all have split minds on this something has to make DMC to say that DmC is or as I see mostly is not a DmC game. I mean if one is going to use 'It's not a DMC game' in an argument I would love to know more of why and what makes a DMC game for them to say DmC is not.
Well for me there was always this gothic feeling in all of the games and the fact it was more fantasy than realistic it was also over the top but knew when to be serious. Fighting cool and unique demons was also fun all the different weapons and guns you could use to preform combo's with. While DMC4 wasn't good I heard it was rushed and Dante was actually going to through hell you could see this when getting weapons from bosses when playing as Dante. DMC was ok as it was and a reboot wasn't needed it wasn't like Dino Crisis or Clock Tower where the series was dead after a really bad game. I don't know why people complained about the story in DMC it was bare and unoriginal sure but the same can be said for DmC. Anyway im starting to get off track if DmC is nothing like DMC except for some names and move sets then why wasn't it its own game I don't care if its rebooted it needs to retain something from the original series but DmC doesn't do that at all.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon

Lets go over what actually made Devil May Cry, well, "Devil May Cry". I'm gonna compare DmC with DMC3/4 since those two are pretty much the games that cemented the combat and Dantes character.

Combat: DMC3 and DMC4 have deep combat mechanics that took time to learn and truly master and allowed for very different playstyles, especially DMC3. In short, those games weren't for "everyday Joe" but for those that were willing to put down time and effort to learn something. Something not many games do in this day and age.

DmC? Decent combat I'll admit but it lacks the depth and versatile gameplay DMC3/4 offered. Combat in DmC is quite easy really, too easy. Hopefully the higher difficulties can prove me wrong but from what I have seen, it's very unlikely.

Character: Dante was this cocky dude that had power to back up with. In DMC3 he is more of a brat but still a pretty fun character. In DMC4 he's grown up but still have that cocky personality and is still a fun character.

DmC Dante? Well, he sure is cocky but it is delivered in a different way, very different way. He's rude, loner and instead of being a smartass (like the old Dante can be) he resorts to simple insults like swearing. I personally have no problem with swearing but it is the poor mans way to make a character "badass".

This is the mainpoints to me that DmC isn't a true DMC game. Using the "but it's a reboot" argument is stupid, you can do a reboot without changing the core points of a series that is its strong points. Here it is just sloopy made.

My two cents.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
It's sad that some fans of DMC just don't know how to be able to respect others taste.

No matter what anyone says, or how much they yell, this is Devil May Cry. No matter what, it's Devil May Cry and that's that. A simple change in scenery and Dante's hair being black should change that.

And if some fans can't get over it or have the common sense to ignore it and move on, then I vote Capcom never do a DMC game ever again if the fanbase is this rude and snobbish.

I wouldn't care, I still got KH and Persona.

So if the DMC game series ends after this
tumblr_inline_mfyu03tHVM1r8k3yk.jpg

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
It's sad that some fans of DMC just don't know how to be able to respect others taste.

No matter what anyone says, or how much they yell, this is Devil May Cry. No matter what, it's Devil May Cry and that's that. A simple change in scenery and Dante's hair being black should change that.

And if some fans can't get over it or have the common sense to ignore it and move on, then I vote Capcom never do a DMC game ever again if the fanbase is this rude and snobbish.

I wouldn't care, I still got KH and Persona.

So if the DMC game series ends after this
tumblr_inline_mfyu03tHVM1r8k3yk.jpg
Thats a sad thing to say :( but on a brighter not have you seen the trailer for the new Shin Megami Tensei IV for 3DS?

GF9000000Returns

It's like whenever somebody says "I like the game" they're like "oh, you got sh*t taste" and some sh*t like that. I'm getting sick and tired of these antis acting like their opinions are facts, like they need to understand that not every old fan hates DmC. As a matter in fact it's one of the top ten pre-order list AND is gaining new fans.

Last post before I leave this stupid thread for good.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Just wondering, did I come off as "rude and snobbish" in my post? Despite that I in a calm manner explained why I didn't consider DmC a true DMC game? Just curious.

And on the topic about KH and Persona (two other series I love), how would you react if they changed, lets say, Sora in a very different way? Like in a reboot. A whole new personality that isn't like the old one at all and they also changed the combat for the worse?

DragonMaster2010

Thats a sad thing to say :( but on a brighter not have you seen the trailer for the new Shin Megami Tensei IV for 3DS?

I'm just getting in to SMT games. I'll check it out later:/

It's like whenever somebody says "I like the game" they're like "oh, you got sh*t taste" and some sh*t like that. I'm getting sick and tired of these antis acting like their opinions are facts, like they need to understand that not every old fan hates DmC. As a matter in fact it's one of the top ten pre-order list AND is gaining new fans.

Last post before I leave this stupid thread for good.

Like pros-fans are any better?

DragonMaster2010

Just wondering, did I come off as "rude and snobbish" in my post? Despite that I in a calm manner explained why I didn't consider DmC a true DMC game? Just curious.

And on the topic about KH and Persona (two other series I love), how would you react if they changed, lets say, Sora in a very different way? Like in a reboot. A whole new personality that isn't like the old one at all and they also changed the combat for the worse?

Not you I meant in general.

If the story and character had a legitimate reason for the change and good character development, then I'd be fine with it.

However I would miss the old Sora, and yeah, I'd be ****ed off out of my mind about it, but I wouldn't call the reboot "for the worse" until I've seen it for myself.

Plus KH is too popular, deep in its story, and reaching it's last game for there to be a remake compared to DMC.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Not you I meant in general.

If the story and character had a legitimate reason for the change and good character development, then I'd be fine with it.

However I would miss the old Sora, and yeah, I'd be ****ed off out of my mind about it, but I wouldn't call the reboot "for the worse" until I've seen it for myself.

Plus KH is too popular, deep in its story, and reaching it's last game for there to be a remake compared to DMC.
friggin i still need to get Dream drop distance my friend said its the best one since like 2 and i really want to play it Dx but 3 won't come out until 13 Versus comes out if i remember correctly and thats still in development.

DragonMaster2010

friggin i still need to get Dream drop distance my friend said its the best one since like 2 and i really want to play it Dx but 3 won't come out until 13 Versus comes out if i remember correctly and thats still in development.

It is. You must get it. Like NOW.

It's shorter then 2 though, but that's all I'm saying.

ZeroLove

I like both DMC and DmC. I don't choose. And with that said... I don't know where I'm going with this, but just letting you guys know. ^^

DragonMaster2010

Offtopic: How is Drop Dream Distance compared to Birth By Sleep? It happens to be my favorite KH game.

That's a tough one.

Dream Drop Distance had a better system when it came to magic usage and special attacks, but to me it just felt less free in terms of Transvaal compared to Birth by Sleep. I know the flying around on pipes and stuff looks handy, but it just feels a bit stationary to me since you're not in control of the character until you jump off.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I like both DMC and DmC. I don't choose. And with that said... I don't know where I'm going with this, but just letting you guys know. ^^
For a moment i was like why are you talking about devil may cry we're talking about Kingdom hearts then i remembered where this is lol

Top Bottom