• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tis' a shame....

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Now mind you this is coming from someone who DOESN'T like the new DmC. So anyway when I look at the new Devil may cry game it doesn't feel like a dmc game at all I think it should have been its own game. I think it would have done fine nothing besides some character names and some movesets are from DMC all they would have had to do was change it around and voila you got yourselves a new game. And yes I know the game comes out in less than a month so it would be pointless now but I'm sure that there are other fans of DMC like me that would have been more interested in this game if it wasn't a Devil may cry game. Yes the story isn't very original and so forth but I'm also a little disappointed that some fans are easily swayed seeing how the original series was pretty much butchered and changed up so much that if you were a DMC fan that didn't know there was a reboot and watched some of the clips you would say it was a totally different game. Also when did story matter this much i mean come on really games are meant to be played and a good story takes a back seat to game play but this is all just my opinion and I'd like to hear ya'lls opinion

Dante47

I was dispirited when the series was butchered beyond repair. It was called Devil May Cry 4.
The series was in a desperate need of a restart point, and DmC is the answer.

Sure, it may not look like the old Devil May Cry games, but that's the point.
It's goal is to make Devil May Cry without all the plot inconsistencies, pointless characters, story arcs that lead absolutely no where, and much more.

So please, spare us your "Woe is me..." thread, because we don't need it.
Besides, it's highly likely that Devil May Cry 5 is being developed.

Also, when did you get the idea that story takes a back seat to the gameplay? Ever played Indigo Prophecy? Or Heavy Rain? How about Enslaved? If the story is good enough, it means far more than the gameplay.
The story in Devil May Cry (especially the first game) was melodramatic and incredibly dull. Devil May Cry 3 is the only instance I remotely cared about Dante and I already knew what was going to happen!

Hiring a studio that is known for it's story telling skills and combing that with Devil May Cry's rich game play, you get one hell of a party.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I was dispirited when the series was butchered beyond repair. It was called Devil May Cry 4.
The series was in a desperate need of a restart point, and DmC is the answer.

Sure, it may not look like the old Devil May Cry games, but that's the point.
It's goal is to make Devil May Cry without all the plot inconsistencies, pointless characters, story arcs that lead absolutely no where, and much more.

So please, spare us your "Woe is me..." thread, because we don't need it.
Besides, it's highly likely that Devil May Cry 5 is being developed.

Also, when did you get the idea that story takes a back seat to the gameplay? Ever played Indigo Prophecy? Or Heavy Rain? How about Enslaved? If the story is good enough, it means far more than the gameplay.
The story in Devil May Cry (especially the first game) was melodramatic and incredibly dull. Devil May Cry 3 is the only instance I remotely cared about Dante and I already knew what was going to happen!

Hiring a studio that is known for it's story telling skills and combing that with Devil May Cry's rich game play, you get one hell of a party.
........Im just trying to say that capcom should've made this a whole new IP seeing how most of their series are all but dead; 4 wasn't that bad it made the inconsistencies worse yes but in no way you can tell my that DmC was the answer, I am hoping that they will make DMC5 i don't trust capcom anymore so they might never make a 5th installment also im not trying to start anything but NT has only made 3 games 2 of which were rewritten by other people. also saying that a good story means far more than gameplay just makes me sad..then again its your opinion

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
For one thing, it seems you say fans were "swayed" by DmC, yet I think history repeats itself.

Take a look back to when DMC3 was first coming out. No one liked it because it was different from DMC1 in gameplay and style. Even though it was a prequel no one liked Dante's attitude from being cool to a hot head. People hated how he was dressed and everyone talked sh*t to Reuben through facebook saying "YOUR NOT DANTE SO DON'T ACT LIKE YOU ARE!" People also thought DMC3 Dante was emo as well. But then the game came out and all was forgiven. So in a way, those fans were "swayed" into buying DMC3. I don't like it when people say swayed. I mean why can't someone like a game without people saying "Oh, you've been swayed to play it and swayed to like it." Is that so wrong since people drooled over DMC3?

Also in a way, not every DMC game is the same as the last. DMC1 is very different from DMC3, and DMC2 is way different from DMC4. Story wise, yes it is different, but isn't that why it's called "A REBOOT"? Story was DMC's weak factor along with character development. It was only good with gameplay, but in the gaming universe today, that doesn't cut it. gameplay will only get you so far, and if they kept rehashing lack luster stories, then DMC will be ignored by a lot of gamers and stay in it's less then large fanbase.

And last, it wouldn't fit as it's own game because there's still too much like DMC. The fact that a demon was able to rebel against a demon king and have twin sons who grow up to be devil hunters while the youngest gains white hair and a red coat at the end of the game and name his shop of killing demons, proves that this would be considered "stealing" DMC from Capcom and fanboys would be complaining all day. Pretty much like they are now.

One time I was on a forum and some kept saying for twenty whole post "I don't care if you like DmC, I don't!" After a long ass discussion that came from me just saying "I like DmC."

And in those times, all I could think he was saying was
Stop-liking-what-I-dont-like.jpg

My opinion is; I like the game, and for those who hate me for it
tumblr_mf6mcov7pG1rblqwco2_400.gif

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
I was holding out for the game, but when I got to that gameplay, and saw how the controls were, I'm good on it:/ . Whoever wants to like it, I wish you luck, but I'm out. I guess I'll be watching the YT gameplay for it.
I believe the colors are gorgeous and the concept of Limbo is interesting, but it's not enough to get me to buy it.

P.S. You're not doing a "Woe is me" arc at all, you are simply stating your opinion. The Devil May Cry community is butchered, almost beyond repair because so many people can't have an argument-peacefully-on why they do or don't like the game. Many people have their claws out and sink them into each other at every opportunity they get (mainly the senseless trolls on both sides of the spectrum). Personally, I don't like the game, but I'm not going to shoot anyone down if they do, and vice versa.

Dante47

Actually, I can tell you DmC was the answer. I just did, in my last post and I explained it well enough.
I am hoping that they will make DMC5 i don't trust capcom anymore so they might never make a 5th installment
Your refusal that Capcom will never develop another Devil May Cry is just ignorant. It blatantly disregards all things Capcom and Ninja Theory have been saying about DmC and the series as a whole.

also im not trying to start anything but NT has only made 3 games 2 of which were rewritten by other people. also saying that a good story means far more than gameplay just makes me sad..then again its your opinion
Provide me a source that says Ninja Theory games weren't written by their own studio.
Also, I didn't say that story was better than gameplay, I said that if a story was good enough it could be at level or better.
Why the hell do you keep trying to pick fights?
Saying things like "that just makes me sad," is provocative and completely immature. Learn to be civil.
P.S. You're not doing a "Woe is me" arc at all, you are simply stating your opinion.
I have nothing against you and I respect your opinion, but his thread is literally called, "Tis' a shame...."

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
while yes all 4 games are different in ways they all connect with one another and its true "swayed" is probably not the right word i also feel that people have had really low expectations so by the time the demo came out it was higher than expected in terms of gameplay also even if it is a reboot it needs to respect the source material and have some of the same themes from the original all it seems that was kept from the originals are character names and move sets i have said before that if capcom does come around to making DMC5 it should be the last in the series DMC has gone on long enough and i don't want it to become like many a series i've seen get butchered (cough resident evil cough silent hill cough)
60s-spiderman-meme-collection-1mut.com-11_large.jpg

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Actually, I can tell you DmC was the answer. I just did, in my last post and I explained it well enough.

Your refusal that Capcom will never develop another Devil May Cry is just ignorant. It blatantly disregards all things Capcom and Ninja Theory have been saying about DmC and the series as a whole.

Provide me a source that says Ninja Theory games weren't written by their own studio.
Also, I didn't say that story was better than gameplay, I said that if a story was good enough it could be at level or better.
Saying things like "that just makes me sad," is provocative and completely immature. Learn to be civil.
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2007/09/rhianna-pratchett-talks-heavenly-sword-sony-and-andy-serkis/
http://www.edge-online.com/features/interview-alex-garland-part-two/
well excuse me for wanting to voice my opinion:'(
girl_crying.jpg

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
while yes all 4 games are different in ways they all connect with one another and its true "swayed" is probably not the right word i also feel that people have had really low expectations so by the time the demo came out it was higher than expected in terms of gameplay also even if it is a reboot it needs to respect the source material and have some of the same themes from the original all it seems that was kept from the originals are character names and move sets i have said before that if capcom does come around to making DMC5 it should be the last in the series DMC has gone on long enough and i don't want it to become like many a series i've seen get butchered (cough resident evil cough silent hill cough)
60s-spiderman-meme-collection-1mut.com-11_large.jpg

So having Jump Canceling, bring red orbs back, new Dante getting the white hair and red coat at the end of the game, Dante being as cocky as before, Vergil getting more backstory, and bringing back old moves, isn't DMC at all? Like not at all?

Okay.

I can already tell were this thread will head so I won't waste my time.

I'm out
tumblr_meqf1ofTXv1r0jxaao2_250.gif

tumblr_meqf1ofTXv1r0jxaao3_250.gif

tumblr_meqf1ofTXv1r0jxaao6_250.gif

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
So having Jump Canceling, bring red orbs back, new Dante getting the white hair and red coat at the end of the game, Dante being as cocky as before, Vergil getting more backstory, and bringing back old moves, isn't DMC at all? Like not at all?

Okay.

I can already tell were this thread will head so I won't waste my time.

I'm out
tumblr_meqf1ofTXv1r0jxaao2_250.gif

tumblr_meqf1ofTXv1r0jxaao3_250.gif

tumblr_meqf1ofTXv1r0jxaao6_250.gif
all things that could've been put in a new game and maybe with the vergils back story i was already okay with his backstory maybe because i had played 1, read the DMC3 manga, and parts of the DMC1 novel and knew much of him already to come up with an appropriate back story for him
jimmycam.gif

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.

I have nothing against you and I respect your opinion, but his thread is literally called, "Tis' a shame...."
I was going to say something about it regardless of what the thread is called. I'm calling it like I see it, isn't that what you are doing?

Nekodark

meg5493 I understand where your coming from & agree with you.
But i think the best thing to do is ignore EmoMayCry, don't consider it as DevilMayCry 5 & say the DevilMayCry series ended with DevilMayCry 4.

Ok, EmoMayCry..what are you a child still in their name calling faze by using an overused label and yes it is not DMC5 it has never been DMC5 if you followed things without even getting deep into the information you would know that or are you just being willfully blind so you can be offended thinking they are saying it is DMC5 because this game is not in the original series canon it is in it's own canon that does not affect the other games, of course the original series ended with 4 since that is the last game that came out.

I understand and respect those who do not like the game as I do who loves this game but when you have to come on and name call and blatantly say something that is full of errors do research because I do not respect name calling and being unaware of the truth of what is going on just to make a point. it's not funny it seems like trolling and if it is trolling to start something it's still not funny it is childish.

I do agree with one thing Dmc=/=DMC5 because both games are in different canons, I am going to have some hot chocolate peace.

Nekodark

Okay first off sherlick i'll call it whatever the heck i wanna, you don't like it then boohoo.
I tried the demo repeatedly & dislike it.

Secondly i'm not saying 5th as a sequel, i'm saying 5th as in 5th DevilMayCry title, & shouldn't have the name, period.

And I'm offended they would pass off a sloppy game with little to non-threatening enemies, a very generous style ranking system, easily exploited cancels, no lock-on system, dimwitted characters, little senses of immediate danger, all to the gaming public & say here enjoy it now pay us full price.
After a DevilMayCry series that's challenging, filled with better dialog, & far more charismatic characters then this.
DevilMayCry 2 is boatloads more enjoyable then the EmoMayCry demo.
DevilMayCry3 was far more challenging.
All with the exception of DevilMayCry4 at full price costs less then this will new.

I think it's Capcom you shouldn't have any respect for.
They're selling you operation raccoon city & smiling.

You need a cookie and to step back a bit. Sure you can call it whatever you want as I can look at you and dismiss you as a childish person and more likely a troll to start something since there are better and more mature ways to dislike something, you seem lost a bit and grabbing on things to be ****ed at because your bold front and your words just scream look at me well ok then keep on simmering in your stool of hate when instead you could you know ignore the game but I see you are in need of attention that is just fine you keep on and see if it goes anywhere and if you would be proud of your post looking back on them if you grow up. To sum up how I feel about your very blatant childish ways look at my sig. Laters

Dante47

VampireWicked, you seem to get offended easily. We're just voicing our opinions and you're acting very rude.
Saying things like "EmoMayCry" and calling the game "sloppy" is of course going to lead to disagreements.

Everyone on both sides of the spectrum need to calm down. It's just a bloody videogame.

Nekodark

VampireWicked, you seem to get offended easily. We're just voicing our opinions and you're acting very rude.
Saying things like "EmoMayCry" and calling the game "sloppy" is of course going to lead to disagreements.

Everyone on both sides of the spectrum need to calm down. It's just a bloody videogame.

Yup it is, you can take it or leave it since it has no real affect on your life and do not care if you hate or defend it as with all games it is their to entertain if you pick it up and there if you don't. Now back to my hot chocolate because damn I am cold. lol

Top Bottom