• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

THOR IS WOMAN OMGLOLZRAGERAGERAGEHATE!!!!!!

TyrantWayne9999

Golden Saint God of Overlords
My response would be:

So what?
-Loki can change into a woman.
-Mephisto IS NOT Satan in actual German Demonology.
-I guess no one gives two ****s about Thor GIRL or other Thor-based characters like Beta Ray Bill, Thunderstrike and Cyborg Th....I mean Ragnarok.

Another thing I find stupid is when people are like "OMG HULK GOT BEATEN ZEUS, THIS IS BULLSHIT GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111"

.........My chin.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I'm all for comic books being more about representation and diversity nowadays, but the title of Thor given to a woman is nothing but Marvel doing some nonsensical pandering.

This is the situation, Thor is not magically being turned in to a female. Thor is being stripped of his powers and a new character who's a girl is taking over the title as God of Thunder. Because you need to be a certain kind of person to wield Mjolnir and have the Asgardian powers.

Thor still exist in the Marvel universe, but just as a normal guy because most likely Thor will just eventually get his powers back. You know how comics are.

And it's just stupid because this is them trying way too hard.

Many comic book readers male AND female like Thor because he's Thor. Not because he's male. Not digging it doesn't mean they're sexist. The people who say that are stupid. It's like me and my issue with Miles Morales in Ultimate Spider-Man. Miles isn't a terrible character, but I don't care much for him, not because he's a different race, it's simply just because I love Peter Parker and they killed him off WAY too soon just for this. Miles should have got his own series instead of replacing Peter.

Same thing with Thor. They want to be more diverse, but are too afraid to take the risk to create a new character so they're using the Thor name brand with an angle that can be reversed when enough people get tired of it all while saying "We don't forget women!" like they are scared sh!tless of what people may or may not be thinking of them.

They announced this on the View and even changed the inscription on the hammer from "he" to "she". Why not just change it to "they" since the title of God of Thunder can be passed on to really anyone?

Just nonsensical pandering.

That's the issue people have with a female Thor.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i didn't care when beta-ray bill took over and i don't care now. its just...a thing. like miles morales took over as spider-man or whatever. i will say, that it has to be a well executed trasition that doesn't feel like its coming out of left field. i haven't read the new thor yet so i can't say anything

Meg

Well said, Chancey. At first I thought Thor was being turned into a woman (possibly by Loki). You gotta admit, that would of been really funny. Imagine Loki making Thor female as a prank and Thor just shrugs and goes about her business. And even on a couple of occasions mention how hot she is. That would of been fun! But no, instead Thor is a title now? So what is dude-Thor going to be called now? This whole thing reeks of making people happy. Maybe to try to get people to shut up about the lack of diversity in Marvel and how there is still no word on a Black Widow movie. Marvel is trying way to hard to be progressive, but they are doing it wrong.

It's the same thing with Captain America getting replaced by Falcon. Granted, you'd be hard pressed to find a guy more worthy than Sam Wilson, but seriously. Why? Whenever a major character dies/gets depowered/whatever, it only ever lasts for a year or two. And then said character comes back and pushes their replacement out of the way as they reclaim their mantle. It's really dumb. You can argue that minority characters don't get to forge incredible legacies of their own, but rather keep the seat warm while some white guy is dead for a bit.

And that dead/depowered white guy is always going to be the most recognized version of a superhero. Everyone knows Captain America as Steve Rogers. Batman is Bruce Wayne. Spider-man is Peter Parker and Thor is....uh....Thor. There are some exceptions to this.

I guarantee, Dude-Thor will be back in about a year or two. Same with Steve Rogers.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Entertainment needs to stop treating gay, female, and minority characters as token or gimmicks.

The Falcon does make a little more sense story wise because Steve is willingly steeping down from the role of superhero to be in the executive in charge of America's heroes after all that crap that happened coming back from Civil War and dealing with Norman. And if anyone takes the mantle, there's no better person really than his sidekick for years.

Thor however is clearly just a decision made on a whim to pander. I mean, to do this they'll have to take a character who's pretty much walked the straight and narrow for years and write in a reason as to why he would suddenly get stripped of his title. Thor has to do something bad enough to get him out of a job. Man, you'd have to write that in well, but I'm just very skeptical because it really is just doing this stuff for the sake of doing it.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i heard that marvel was trying to make this change for a while now. and i feel like we should focus more on how its handled compared to it happening at all. because sometimes these things are execute quite nicley (ultimate colossus being gay, miles morales becoming spider-man and doc ock becoming spider-man, john constantine not living in london), rather than change for the sake of change. and i'm not saying change is bad, but when it feels superfluous, thats when things start to get dicey.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I mostly agree with Chancey.

It's pandering. I understand the want for representation but established characters been replaced with more diversed characters is just adding diversity for the sake of doing so and not because it was the natural evolution of the character in the creator's mind. First they kill Peter Parker and they replace him with a black latino and now Thor is replaced by a white woman, what's next, Hulk retires Bruce Banner is replace with a gay British Hindu kid? It's artificial.

If you make a character who is of a race or creed or orientation that is different from yours, great, more power to ya and keep at it but don't do it because you are told to or because you think having less white dudes as your leads is going to get you a bigger audience, do it because you feel that's what you want to write about. Don't create characters with restrictions regarding their race, creed, so on, and to make it so you are 'prohibited' from making your characters white dudes is the same in my eyes as been made to only make white dudes. So, kindly, don't make characters diverse because you are been told you are out of the times because your biggest characters are all white guys and certainly don't rearrange your established characters into other, more diverse, races/creeds/etc. because there was nothing wrong with them to begin with, it makes it look like you are trying to overcompensate for it. Make new ones and invest time on them the way those you are trying to change have had time invested on them. If they are good characters they will gather fans whether, they are white or not, as long as they are good characters.

Exejpgwmv

I actually wouldn't mind Thor being a girl; granted that it's implemented well of course.

As for why they decided for it to be a female, I wouldn't know :p

And I really don't get the outrage over it "not staying true the Greek legends".
They didn't stay true to them in first place.

As for the character herself, I wouldn't know :p
Primarily because nothing about her has been revealed, so I'm not about to waste time criticizing a character when the only thing I know for sure about her is that she's a chick with blonde hair.

Viper

Premium
I haven't taken interest in Thor since the cartoon back in 90s... late 80s... I don't know anymore, so I don't think it's my right to say anything about the direction to take. Though I'll mention that Nordic mythology, the source for Thor, has plenty of goddesses and those badass female warriors called Valkyries, so in my opinion a smarter choice would have been to work from that, bring forward a new name that will not live in the shadow of male Thor.

Why people are complaining? Well lets say a kid gets a nice toy and is having so much fun playing with it, only one day another kid comes along and the first one want to share his toy with him (okay, some kids don't, but that's their problem, in my country no one has phobia from girls in comic shops), but this second kid for various reasons starts crying to nanny that they can't play with this toy cause it upsets him... What does nanny do? Smart nanny would offer the second kid some other toy. But this nanny, to shut the kid up, snatches the toy from the first kid's hands, repaints it, changes some parts and tosses it between the two kids expecting them to play with it.

That's how things work these days.

Last edited:

TyrantWayne9999

I mean just imagine if there was Superwo...nvm

Or maybe a Spiderwo....**** nvm

Or how about a Wonderma.....you sonuvabitch, it's not even the same company.....oh well at least I can still get a good laugh or two

Ok ok, I've finally got it, just imagine if they made a Captain America Woman?

Ok ok all joking aside. I don't like it either and not because I'm sexist, but because it's not the Thor I read when I was growing up. Actually I haven't really picked up a whole lot of recent Thor comics (unless you count Avengers vs X-men). All this means is Marvel just lost 1 sale and where there is one there is bound to be another dozen to follow.

Railazel

I blame Superman's coma. If he died and stayed dead, this wouldn't be a trend but I am intrigued by a female Thor all the same.

Reactions: Jak

TyrantWayne9999

What you mean my Greek Mythology'd out Kratos? Hm, I'd say, sexting in Odin's bed.

Simply put, the only reason Kratos' wins most of his battles are because they are mindless monsters and the Gods and Titans he fights all fight like complete morons. It's not even like Kratos is immune to death in his own story (He's gone to the Underworld Thrice by dying in the series), so what really are his odds against the likes of the Hulk, Thor, much less Marvel's version of Zeus, or even DC's version of Ares? Any of the highly skilled lantern corps members? Planet-busters the likes of the INDIVIDUAL members of the Fatal Five (save for maybe Tharok), Darkseid (I'd love to see Kratos even try to face the Omega Beam or Omega Sanction head on, cuz we all know Kratos is like Chuck Norris), Thanos (with and without the Infinity Gauntlet), OR LOBO (a being so dangerous and obnoxious, that Satan kicked him out of Hell)?

The Final Offer

Simply put, the only reason Kratos' wins most of his battles are because they are mindless monsters and the Gods and Titans he fights all fight like complete morons. It's not even like Kratos is immune to death in his own story (He's gone to the Underworld Thrice by dying in the series), so what really are his odds against the likes of the Hulk, Thor, much less Marvel's version of Zeus, or even DC's version of Ares? Any of the highly skilled lantern corps members? Planet-busters the likes of the INDIVIDUAL members of the Fatal Five (save for maybe Tharok), Darkseid (I'd love to see Kratos even try to face the Omega Beam or Omega Sanction head on, cuz we all know Kratos is like Chuck Norris), Thanos (with and without the Infinity Gauntlet), OR LOBO (a being so dangerous and obnoxious, that Satan kicked him out of Hell)?

Kratos took on Cronos and Zeus. I haven't even mentioned Kratos in his Rage modes or even his ability to transform into a Titan.

Maxman

I thought this thread was about discussing stuffs Related to a new woman who takes up the Mantle of Thor ? :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom