• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

THIRD NOOOOOOOOOOO!!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Lord Esura;145351 said:
Sigh......is Saint Row 2 good?

It's all right, it's not better than GTA 4 graphics wise. The story is okay, but I wouldn't say it's amazing.

@Tawsie: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

@Esura: I'd say Fallout 3 pwns GTA 4. From what I've heard Fo3 is awesome. And Mirror's Edge just looks :O WOW!

Dark Drakan

Admin
Lord Esura;145134 said:
I would if I could create characters on R2. Can I?

Ok, Im adding two games to the battle now.

1. GTA IV
2. Fallout 3

Fallout 3 is a superb game and ive enjoyed playing that a lot and would highly recommend it. Also GTA IV is good, i enjoyed the story (first GTA ive been bothered to finish), the game is a marvel from a technical stand point. How they got all those physics systems running together in such an open world game i will never know.

Lord Esura;145365 said:
1. Mirror's Edge

Good but quite short, gorgeous looking though and the engine is really well done.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
I would of gotten Fallout 3 if Bethesda wasnt such a Microsoft dick rider. Not only does PC and 360 version gets DLC over PS3 version for NO ****ing reason, but the PS3 version is more bugged than the others. **** Bethesda. Im so tired of these gimped multiplatform games for the PS3. I almost feel like only buying exclusives now.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Lord Esura;145507 said:
I would of gotten Fallout 3 if Bethesda wasnt such a Microsoft dick rider. Not only does PC and 360 version gets DLC over PS3 version for NO ****ing reason, but the PS3 version is more bugged than the others. **** Bethesda. Im so tired of these gimped multiplatform games for the PS3. I almost feel like only buying exclusives now.

They didnt plan to make a buggy version, its just the way the game runs on the PS3 hardware thats all. Worked with a couple of issues on other platforms that got patched but just happened that the PS3 version was really bugged. Not the first title its happened on and its happened on quite a few so not Bethesdas fault. Also no-one complained that Mirrors Edge developers were on 'Sonys dick' when they said they would get some extra content. Just the joys of owning the platform that gets it, not like we get content for free anyway.

Esura

Dark Drakan;145511 said:
They didnt plan to make a buggy version, its just the way the game runs on the PS3 hardware thats all. Worked with a couple of issues on other platforms that got patched but just happened that the PS3 version was really bugged. Not the first title its happened on and its happened on quite a few so not Bethesdas fault. Also no-one complained that Mirrors Edge developers were on 'Sonys dick' when they said they would get some extra content. Just the joys of owning the platform that gets it, not like we get content for free anyway.

I didnt know that about Mirror's Edge.
And Mirror's Edge isnt nearly as high profile as Fallout 3. Exclusive DLC for Mirror's Edge wont really "sway" ppl as much as high profile games like GTA IV and Fallout 3. Still makes it unfair though. But screw Bethesda. Until they stop screwing us over, Im refusing to buy Fallout 3. Shame really....it looks fun though and I had sum respect for Bethesda after Oblivion until now.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Lord Esura;145513 said:
I didnt know that about Mirror's Edge.
And Mirror's Edge isnt nearly as high profile as Fallout 3. Exclusive DLC for Mirror's Edge wont really "sway" ppl as much as high profile games like GTA IV and Fallout 3. Still makes it unfair though. But screw Bethesda. Until they stop screwing us over, Im refusing to buy Fallout 3. Shame really....it looks fun though and I had sum respect for Bethesda after Oblivion until now.

Maybe not such a high profile game but still the content will be there. Just the way things work these days and isnt going to change anytime soon. I would never miss out on such good titles for a silly fact like the version for the console you have has no DLC or delayed DLC. I will still be getting Mirrors Edge at xmas regardless of that fact and if PS3 version of GTA IV had the exclusive content id still have bought it and not snubbed it.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Pray tell Esura, how exactly are Bethesda screwing you over? Just out of interest, I'd like to know, because frankly, it's a brilliant game, regardless of its buggy issues, and trust me, it still has a hell of a lot of them on the 360.

If you really want to bitch about it, bitch about the fact that the PC version is the only platform that can actually fix the gamebreaking glitches via the game's command prompt console, whereas the 360 and the PS3 can't, but I digress, pray tell, how have Bethesda screwed you over? If it's because of the glitches, glitches can't be helped, they're on all platforms and Bethesda should have actually tested it before kicking it out of production before it could even brush its teeth.

Esura

Why did I even consider Fallout 3 anyway? I feel like such a dumbass.

Ok, I limited my choices even more.

1. Eternal Sonata
2. Valkyria Chronicles
3. Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice

Screw FPSes and Bethesda and the multiplayer bull****. I need a good Japanese RPG. I just realised sumthing......I have NO JRPG this gen, only Western RPGs and the typical FPS. Only DMC4, Heavenly Sword, Assassin's Creed and Virtua Fighter 5 are the only games I have that stray from this generalisation. Last gen, 75% of my games on PS2 were JRPG, the other percentage being shooters and action games. I need JRPGs. Im done with FPS for a year LOL.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Lord Esura;145524 said:
Why did I even consider Fallout 3 anyway? I feel like such a dumbass.

Because its an excellent game and one of the best of the year maybe?

Esura

Dark Drakan;145528 said:
Because its an excellent game and one of the best of the year maybe?

To hell it is in my book.
Why do high profile games that freezes and glitches get higher ratings than a lower profile game that has small bits of glitches? GTA IV is case in point. Also Saint's Row 2, and Fallout 3. If anything, MGS4 kills it in terms of GOTY. I'd recommed DMC4 or Far Cry 2 before Fallout 3.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Lord Esura;145551 said:
To hell it is in my book.
Why do high profile games that freezes and glitches get higher ratings than a lower profile game that has small bits of glitches? GTA IV is case in point. Also Saint's Row 2, and Fallout 3. If anything, MGS4 kills it in terms of GOTY. I'd recommed DMC4 or Far Cry 2 before Fallout 3.

The glitches on most platforms arent game breaking and are nothing more than mere glitches that most games have. Granted the PS3 is full of them but thats happened on more than 8 titles now and some of them were also recommended for GOTY. Fallout 3 is easily one of the best titles ive played in some time and of course it has its glitches (only had 1 in 64 hours of play) but great title none the less. The replayability and choices in this title are astounding. Saints Row 2 was glitchy as hell also and less polished than GTA IV which was also quite glitchy. Huge open world titles are guaranteed to have some glitches. Especially ones like Fallout 3 that use Radiant AI which is unpredictable and changs according to the desires of the AI at the time you interact with it. Oblivion had the same radiant AI issues but Fallout's is more advanced than that. My biggest problem with Far Cry 2 is it takes too long to get to somewhere and actually do anything and there is no save in any location option like the PC version. Meaning you travel god knows how far and die and have to travel all the way there again. Sometimes the save points can be 45mins apart and this is frustrating.

Esura

Aye....shnit....I guess I'll just give in an get an FPS. My RPG fandom is waning until some Square Enix RPGs plop on the PS3. Disgaea 3 has too much grinding, Valkyria Chronicles seems quite awesome but eh, no trophies. Soul Calibur IV...... no trophies. Naruto Ultimate Ninja STORM...... no trophies.

Its between these two games now.
ULTIMATE BATTLE!!!!!!

- Resistance 2
- Call of Duty: World at War

Top Bottom