• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Things I've noticed playing DMC4

Meg

Here's a list of random things I've noticed while playing the game. Some of its pretty sad. ;)

- While fighting Sanctus if you DT right as you punch him in the face Nero yells "Jackpot." :)
- Toads are annoying
- SOS mode is hard! :(
- Boardgames are the root of all evil
- Dante needs to shave
- Time limits suck the fun out of Bloody Palace (and make it obvious how much I suck)
- Way to many old men want to take over/destroy the world (DMC4, Assassin's Creed II, FFXIII)
- The HELL is that? AHHHH!!!!!!! *bang bang bang (boy you're going down down down boy) dies*
- Bursting out in song while fighting a Blitz is a sure fire way to get your butt kicked
- Fighting a Blitz at all is a sure fire way to get your butt kicked
- I really should of held onto that Holy Water instead of using it out of annoyance
- I suck at this game

Hope you guys found that entertaining. :) I'll be posting more as I think of them.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
- Nero's Blue Rose just appear out of nowhere whenever he uses it. Although he seems to take it out from his left hip, there is no holster. This also applies to Dante's Ebony and Ivory. You can see there are no gun holsters for them when you are making both characters or during cutscenes.

- Dante's too powerful that he slice the dice into two pieces, whereas Nero can't cut it off.

- Echidna's voice actress is also the same one who voices Nevan in DMC3.

- Hell and Hell mode is pure cheating.

- Backtracking in previous levels is simply boring.

- Final boss fight is not really epic.

- Nero has white hair like Dante.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
This... Very much so this...

haha as soon as I saw that I thought "I know who's gonna jump on that one"

-WAAAY too much recycling of bosses, I think I once heard that the original idea was that Dante would fight Lucifer, Gilgamesh and Pandora as bosses (that would have been awesome:D)

-The pictures of the demons on Lucifer and Pandora look very similar.

-I think I am too greedy and indecicive to ever be any good at Dante, there is just too much awesomeness to choose from.
"come at me bro! ill give you a double charging rainstorm..distorted pinup impact into teleport Yamato releasing oh you killed me"

-Bloody palace stops being fun around stage 24, thats when it starts getting cheap.

-if tweaked slightly DMC4 wouldn't have even needed Dante...like at all.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
-Gyroblades kill stuff way too easily. LoL. And they're too much f-ing fun to play with. Guess who got a D in mission 4 for time spent completing the mission. (Guess who still gets a D... LoL)

-That annoying freaking room where you gotta use Devil Bringer to jump to the blue things to cross the room. If you screw up, well, it's not really bad. just annoying.

-Here's one that will throw you for a real loop: you can predict the number you roll on the die in the board game. Yes, it's possible. Learned this while playing with a friend the other day. Takes some skill and observation. Here's how it works:

>When you start the game, the die is rolling on it's own. Just watch it and you'll learn it rotates about once a second.
>As the die rotates, a number faces up. Pick any number. Doesn't matter which one.
>Observe the die as it rotates. In six rotations, the number you chose should come up again. This is about 6 seconds.
>Have a look at the board and pick a space to move Nero to. Got one? Good. Get your cat reflexes out. You're gonna need them.
>Watch the die rotate until the number you need shows up. When the number comes up, start counting. On the sixth rotation, hit the die. The number you chose should come up. This requires some serious reflexes, but mostly trial and error at first. You may want to spend some time here getting a feel for the timing. Once you get the timing down, you can pretty much stomp all over the dice game in any way you want.
>My friend and I checked the internet to see if a similar cheat was found. And it appears this cheat is somewhat known: http://devilmaycry.org/231/devil-may-cry-4-cheats.html Surprisingly, you won't find it on Gamefaqs.com which surprised me.

Nessy

>The game is actually extremely easy once you get used to it.

>Getting an S on DMD mode is almost certain as long as you don't die.

>You can no damage any boss just by having a smart rotation.

>The only badly designed foes are the chimera assaults.

aka958

Don't trust people
>The game is actually extremely easy once you get used to it.

>Getting an S on DMD mode is almost certain as long as you don't die.

>You can no damage any boss just by having a smart rotation.

>The only badly designed foes are the chimera assaults.

ALL OF THIS.

Especially the S on DMD mode thingy. :O

Nessy

BTW, about the die thing, you don't need any reflexes at all lol.

The order that they show up in is 1,4,2,6,3,5. Just punch it when your number is face up...it's incredibly easy.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
BTW, about the die thing, you don't need any reflexes at all lol.

The order that they show up in is 1,4,2,6,3,5. Just punch it when your number is face up...it's incredibly easy.
I'll try it that way. Just gotta memorize the order the numbers show up. Still gotta time it so you hit the number, each number only appears for about a second. So people with slower reflexes should probably get used to the timing and then make their move.

aka958

Don't trust people
I'll try it that way. Just gotta memorize the order the numbers show up. Still gotta time it so you hit the number, each number only appears for about a second. So people with slower reflexes should probably get used to the timing and then make their move.

You need really slow reflexes for that. :c

It's easy to time. It's easier to time than Squall's Limit Break in FFVIII. It's easier to time than a single stroke on Guitar Hero.
That means like, super easy. All you have to do is get a single rythm for how it moves and know which number comes before the one you want.
Once you've memorized the pattern you'll rush through Mission 5 and Mission 19 without even letting the die make a full spin between the numbers once.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
Tried the dice game with just memorizing the numbers and it seem to work just as good as waiting for the rotations.

NeroS

..who am i kidding lets just morph and eat em!
Things i have noticed while playing DMC4.
-Blitz are easy but annoying as hell.
-Nero says F**k you sometimes when your in DT and using the buster on alto angelo's.
-Echinda can be eaten by nero if you burn her from the inside.
Thats all :(.

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
I notcied that one of the area maps in the forest looks like the male........well you know ;)

Yea i has a sick mind :)

Top Bottom