• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The weapon you hate.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Gilgamesh. I can't figure out what it is but these gauntlets suck. I can't figure out what it is that makes it so stiff. Could be the range or something but all I can say is that they feel claustrophobic, for lack of a better word.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
The swords from DMC2, except Rebellion, they all had literally the same moveset, just one was fast then Rebellion but weaker, and the other was stronger but slower. Only weapons I NEVER bother to use in any DMC game

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Its been wow 3 years since my initial thoughts but now I do have a slightly different opinion or at least some new ones.

I dislike Beowulf in the hands of DMC4 Vergil its virtually broken. Its cool but broken.

I also dislike Ebony and Ivory in DmC. Outside maintaining style rank these weapons are extremely the weakest guns in the entire series.

Lastly, I think Eryx is possibly the whackest gauntlet weapon in the entire series. Has half (maybe a little less) than the other guantlet weapons in the series. Looks ugly and generic (granted the giant magma fist streaks when charged up looks pretty cool). I think Dante looks stupid when he is charging up each punch. Its (intentionally) slow and worst of all lacks greaves thus no kicking moves. The smaller moveset makes it even less versatile than the previous guantlet weapons. The only NEW and neat feature about it is the ability to charge in mid-air which makes Dante stay (weirdly) suspended in mid-air. Basically a downgraded version of Ifrit.

While I'm at it. Sagoichi Saika from Capcom's own Sengoku Basara series had a more interesting and fun moveset than DMC4 Lady. Kablooey is the hands down the single handedly the DUMBEST name you can give a weapon or anything that makes stuff go boom. I take it Mr.McBoomBoom Gun was already taken. A badass weapon. Just a stupid name. It also should've had a charge shot though.

Top Bottom