• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

THE WALKING DEAD FAN THREAD

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Great episode again and some really interesting character developments. Carol is badass (as we already knew) and she's good at playing the helpless victim before switching badass mode on. Also good to see that she does actually care about how many people she's killed and it is weighing on her mind as she wasn't always this way and must be a burden on her conscience to an extent. Yeah a lot of people deserved to be killed by her but bet she's wondering if they all "needed" to die & getting harder to blur the lines between "heroes" and "villains" in some scenarios.
Carol is pretty much the prime example on how this world can change you. I love her character in the show.

In the comics she was completely different being not only in her 20s, but someone who just goes nuts after a break up and kills herself. Pretty much a throwaway.

I think this season is turning out to be the best yet to be honest. So many good episodes, and even if there has been filler, it hasn't been as obvious.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Carol is pretty much the prime example on how this world can change you. I love her character in the show.

In the comics she was completely different being not only in her 20s, but someone who just goes nuts after a break up and kills herself. Pretty much a throwaway.

I think this season is turning out to be the best yet to be honest. So many good episodes, and even if there has been filler, it hasn't been as obvious.

I think what has impressed me the most this season is the pace, everything has moved forward really quickly without feeling rushed. As you said even the filler hasn't felt obvious and has served a purpose.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Daryl, Rosita, and Denise went out on a scavenging run to pick up some meds and were ambushed by Dwight and other Saviors. Denise paid the price. (actually taking Abraham's place from the comics) And Crossbow equipped once again!

What did you think of this episode? How do you think Alexandria will fair losing their only doctor? Do you prefer Eugene with the mullet or the ponytail?

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
And I'm no longer worried about Abraham.

That's something that is bugging me about this show now, it seems like it's too scared to kill off it's regulars now, I have a feeling that...
Glenn's death at the hands of Negan
... will be replaced by someone else and the regulars will continue to be invincible and get boring.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Dark Drakan

Admin
And was that Trevor Philips standing next to the guy on the ground at the beginning? Wow, now I don't know who to be more afraid of.

Yeah they did say he would be playing a part in The Walking Dead after playing a part in Better Call Saul too.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Negan showed up. While it was an epic entrance and Jefferey Dean Morgan did great in the role, I'm seriously ****ed off we did not even get to see who he killed.

Like, legitimately ****ed.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Negan showed up. While it was an epic entrance and Jefferey Dean Morgan did great in the role, I'm seriously ****ed off we did not even get to see who he killed.

Like, legitimately ****ed

My sentiments exactly.

You don't pull that kind of crap on your fans and then make them to wait half a freaken year for the answer, I feel we still could have had just as a dramatic moment with them showing whoever was killed, showing the groups reaction, having Negan let them go back to Alexanderia, and then end the episode with Rick and the group's emotional breakdown and promise of revenge and THAT would have been a great end to the season in my opinion that would have made the fans definitely tune in or the next season without actually completely ticking them off.

Its bad enough that we know its one of the main characters of the show, its even worse that we have to wait so long for a answer.

Just my outlook on it.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
You don't pull that kind of crap on your fans and then make them to wait half a freaken year for the answer, I feel we still could have had just as a dramatic moment with them showing whoever was killed

Personally, I feel like it was one of the best story-making decisions ever. Because it won't be like Hershel or Shane or one of the other people who died right before a break: we'll have no time to grieve. We have to just keep going with the characters. We share their trauma and we also still have to be scared that everyone else is at risk. If we knew now, we'd lose that. We'd be sad and upset for now, but, by the next season, we'd be over it for the most part. The pain would be over. Leaving it in suspense keeps it raw.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Personally, I feel like it was one of the best story-making decisions ever. Because it won't be like Hershel or Shane or one of the other people who died right before a break: we'll have no time to grieve. We have to just keep going with the characters. We share their trauma and we also still have to be scared that everyone else is at risk. If we knew now, we'd lose that. We'd be sad and upset for now, but, by the next season, we'd be over it for the most part. The pain would be over. Leaving it in suspense keeps it raw.
I see where you're coming from and all, it's just it's a moment I've been anticipating all season so I was personally expecting something ya know. Still, great season and I hope it keeps it up.

Dark Drakan

Admin

Yeah I totally see where you are coming from with that, I mean in one way it's a damn shame to end it there & annoying but in another it means that pain is fresh into the new season and no time to mull it over and be ok with it by next season.

Only part im irritated about is that the death of a main character was the main draw of the finale but we as the viewer don't actually see it. It should have been the arrival of Negan that was the main finale talking point that was teased and not the death itself.

Though I saw the episode more about the dismantling of Rick and watching his confidence drain little by little. Could practically see the panic and lack of ideas and a way out in his face at the end.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
I enjoyed the finale.

But I have to say.....screw Negan, Trevor is on the Walking Dead!!

Dark Drakan

Admin
I thought Steven Ogg was great, he would have made an excellent leader of another group I think. However he was fantastic as Negans right hand man.

Aurelius

Despite my horror obsession and my love of zombies, I am surprisingly not much of a fan of The Walking Dead. When it first came out, I watched the first season from start to finish and kind of enjoyed it. After that, I couldn't seem to catch an episode and eventually forgot about the show's existence. Fast forward to Season 4, the first episode that I watched was "The Grove". That episode I really enjoyed and re-sparked my interest in the series. Nowadays, I only watch bits and pieces or when something really big happens (ie: the Season 7 premier).

.... Looks like I'm gonna have to catch the series on DVD because I've got a lot of catching up to do!

Dark Drakan

Admin
I have really liked the opening 2 episodes of this season, looks like its going to be a darker season than ever and cant wait to watch the carnage unfold.

Dark Drakan

Admin
It'll be a long time before that 'Easy Street' song is out of my head.

Been on a loop in my head all day....

Nice to have some backstory to Dwight & some more info on the lengths Negen will go to "get people on board".​

Dark Drakan

Admin
Season plodded along a little in parts but I can see each part was like a puzzle piece building up to the mid season. Last episode was good & they brought all the characters into it and made some relevant again, I enjoyed Negan as a character & looks like all action is coming in second part of the season.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
I liked it.

Sure it wasn't anything spectacular, but I liked Negan, I like Ezekiel and really liked the finale.

But a lot of it did feel slow and boring. Hopefully Season 8's War pumps up the action.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Some decent moments overall in the season but far too much plodding along & filler in the episodes. Only the 1st and last episode had any real tension or momentum. I like the characters but motivations & actions need to improve in the next season.

Top Bottom