• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

THE WALKING DEAD FAN THREAD

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The-Walking-Dead-wallpaper-5.jpg

Weather it be the TV show, comics, or video games, this is a thread to talk about one of the most popular franchises of this decade, The Walking Dead.

Now, before anyone even tries to start this crap, I wanna say this is not a thread for comic readers to guilt fans of the show for enjoying it (possibly even more) than the books. Because quite frankly, if you do read the comics, then you would know how the show even improved over the source material at times.

But anyway, let's get the discussion going and fair warning, spoilers are most likely also going to be posted here. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

giphy.gif

KRSkull

I think we should have a spoiler alert in the title :thumbsup:

Well i love this show. It has everything from cheesey momemts to like over the top emotionally moments (well to me of course). I am really looking forward to see Season 6 episode 3 unfortinatly the TV desided to break down so i may not be able to watch it this week.

i am going to put this here for fun

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
i'm still loving but the show is getting boring these last seasons, it's the same formula over and over again, they need to pick up the pace..

Dark Drakan

Admin
After watching the latest episode, I am verklempt!

*minor spoiler* Since you-know-who didn't appear on Talking Dead to say farewell, which is tradition, we can't be 100% certain that character is dead. I cannot wait till next episode to find out. :nailbiting:

I havent read the comics (though I do own some) but I know who & what you are referring to as heard the name countless times. I too am thinking the same though dont know if it will be as soon as the next episode you will find out, the way it happened was a little strange...

I mean first of all the way it went down and them falling together makes me think that he landed on top of Glenn and the guts etc that were being eaten were not Glenns.

The camera was in a strange place and really close on Glenns face making it hard to see if it was his body it was happening too.

It happened a full 15mins before the end of the episode, so didnt seem to be the episode ending moment it should have been had he had died.

Michonne saying 'Have you ever been covered in so much blood that you didnt know if it was yours, your friends or a walkers.' Seemed a hell of a lot of blood pouring out of the corpse that was being torn apart, im wondering if it covered Glenn enough to mask his scent and then a noise etc could clear them all away from him.

Granted the chance of him getting out of that without being bit are slim but stranger things have happened.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Last night we got to dive in to Morgan's past as he was stuck in cuckoo town for a little while, there he met his Yoda and learned his sweet jedi moves. After the past few intense paced episode, how did you feel about this more toned downand emotional episode?

Also, how do you feel about the season thus far?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Last night we got to dive in to Morgan's past as he was stuck in cuckoo town for a little while, there he met his Yoda and learned his sweet jedi moves. After the past few intense paced episode, how did you feel about this more toned downand emotional episode?

Watching it now and I'm liking it so far. After all the hectic stuff of the last few episodes and all the drama, it's kinda nice to see it toned down.

Dark Drakan

Admin

I really enjoyed the episode, though it was a little jarring where it was placed it did at least answer the question most were thinking as to why Morgan had seemingly gone soft. Sort of made me look at his own mental plight in a whole different manner and I felt for the guy, however that sort of thinking is likely to get you killed in this 'new' world.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Once again, Morgan rejected logic as a best friend in those dark times.

The thing is, to him, that was logic. When someone goes through a traumatic experience the normal rules of logic and reason no longer apply in their mind. It becomes about survival. For Morgan, everything had to "clear" because, if it didn't, then he would be at risk...even if he really wasn't. The same goes for someone being abused by their partner: there's a chance they'll see everyone of that gender as a threat and so, to protect themselves, they may treat them with scorn or avoid them entirely. It's a defense mechanism. Coming to terms with what's happened and then choosing to move forward and seeing that the previous way you've dealt with things is flawed and not helping you is the key to healing and moving past that specific point.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
The thing is, to him, that was logic. When someone goes through a traumatic experience the normal rules of logic and reason no longer apply in their mind. It becomes about survival. For Morgan, everything had to "clear" because, if it didn't, then he would be at risk...even if he really wasn't. The same goes for someone being abused by their partner: there's a chance they'll see everyone of that gender as a threat and so, to protect themselves, they may treat them with scorn or avoid them entirely. It's a defense mechanism. Coming to terms with what's happened and then choosing to move forward and seeing that the previous way you've dealt with things is flawed and not helping you is the key to healing and moving past that specific point.
He may have moved forward in a way that bring himself peace, nevertheless his new way of doing things from what I see is better suited when he is alone which means that no one may cause discord with his ideology, his opponents are inferior to him in combat prowess and do not have long ranged weaponry.

Now he is part of a group with set in stones rules to go by to survive. Having a disdain for using guns can be understandable depending on someone's circumstances, but the scene where he was fighting the Wolves in the streets of Alexandria could have gone differently if they were all possessing firearms (with full ammo this time around) or if they were all better than him in close quarters combat. There is no place for mercy on the battlefield, but Morgan unfortunately felt the need to tell the enemy their shortcomings by blatantly telling them his group's advantages (guns) and letting said enemy running away with the info and taking the weapon as a reward. His merciful actions may give those trash room to breathe and formulate new strategies of attack, such as following Carol's example and go for the silent and stealthy approach or whatever tactical assets bloom in their barbaric mind.

The prisoner of war that Morgan captured should have been used to gather intelligence on the Wolves, but instead he preferred to tell him how his metamorphosis came about. To no surprise the man was unfazed by his fairy tale and it was also revealed that this particular Wolf member was a ticking time bomb, yet Morgan persisted in his way of not committing hard decisions and ending this lost cause. There is a time for diplomacy and time to be the executioner. Morgan should remember the latter or he will end up six feet under.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Nothing like a bunch of zombies moaning at your door to get you in the mood for some business. Also, Rick kisses Jessie! Maggie is pregnant, which is wonderful, yet potentially the saddest thing ever. What did you think about this episode?

Also, in other Walking Dead news, NEGAN HAS BEEN CAST!
why-jeffrey-dean-morgan-will-make-the-perfect-negan-on-the-walking-dead-707014.jpg

One of my favorite characters from the comics, and one of the most vicious villains encountered in The Walking Dead is coming. Jefferey Dean Morgan has been cast as Negan.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Daryl found himself in some trouble this past episode with a mysterious group of survivors mistaking him for someone else. Also, who was that calling for help on the other end of that walkie talkie? Wanna sound off on your thoughts on the episode, go right ahead.

Also, WALKING DEAD FUN FACT!
- Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes) has allegedly never seen a single episode of the show.

Last edited:

chubbz98

im a grown man Afraid to play dmc 1 at night
in the last episode i wish there was less Abraham and Sasha and more of what was going on with Daryl
even though i did enjoy what was going on with them would prefer it was it's own episode.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Turns out Glenn is alive! What a lucky son of a bitch. Also, things are not looking good as the tower in Alexandria falls breaking down a portion of the walls. The residents watching in horror at the thought on the inevitable fight to survive.

The midseason finale is next week, what are your thoughts going in to it?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
So, Glenn is alive and Enid is back. Yippee! And the wall has been breached. Oh no!

I'd better get ready to say good-bye to a few characters next episode. And since I've read the comics, I know which characters those are probably going to be.
I read the comics too, but you never know with the show because of how different it is at times. Like, I have a feeling Morgan is going to survive this thing and live to see Negan possibly being the one to introduce him to Lucille.

How do I talk about my ideas with the spoiler tag covering it?

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Glenn being alive has to be the most disappointing moment in this shows history for me, it says the TV series doesn't have a spine.

As much as I didn't want Glenn to die, him being alive has pretty much confirmed that the main stars are invincible and there's no reason to care about them anymore.

Even if that kid does shoot Carl, I know now the spineless series won't kill him, it'll just be the case where Carl looses his eye.

Top Bottom